[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

As an update (6/29/21):

Today I had to redo my whole system due to system changes on my end. I used redloro/smarthings to redo everything.

The code changes and modifications philh30 and I made are already in the redloro github code. You no longer need to use my app I made before from my github fork. You can use the redloro app and the device handlers from redloro.

As of testing it today, we still have to use the Virtual Switches and WebCore to get Smarthings Home Monitor working.

Thank you to everyone on this forum who has contributed to this project.

1 Like

Are these the updates from October 2020 (last year)?

Quick questionā€¦I have a glass break sensor that is stuck in the open position according to SmartThings. Anyone know how to force SmartThings to read the status of that sensor again to refresh the status?

Trigger the sensor manually to reinitiate a sensor. Does it have a test button?

Iā€™ve put together an Edge driver that will direct connect from the ST Hub to the Envisalink (no middle man server required). Edge is the platform that will replace Groovy DTHs in the near future. There may still be some bugs to squash, but itā€™s been working well for me.

Hi,

Do you have one for AD2USB ?

Thanks!

AD2USB will still need to use STNP. I had worked up a rough but functional driver to communicate with a STNP server before I changed course to communicating directly with the Envisalink. Iā€™ll get that one cleaned up and post it.

Yes I do. I have stnp running on windows pc connected to that.

Thanks!

Considering Redloroā€™s post about stopping support for this, as heā€™s moved on to Home Assistant, just wondering if anyone has made the move to Home Assistant and can share your experience moving over (you can send a private message if you want so we donā€™t fill up this space.)

Fantastic work Phil. It was probably the easiest integration Iā€™ve ever encountered.

I do have one consideration. Would it be possible to make a slight modification to the partition methods (Disarm, Arm Stay, Arm Away, etc) so that they can take an optional PIN parameter? I know it currently gets the PIN from the settings. But, I really would like to pass it in as an optional parameter from my dashboards (if it isnt passed, get it from the settings as it is now). Iā€™ve got separate alarm pins for all the people that come and go in my house. I am using tablets with sharptools dashboards to control the house. I donā€™t want to use a single master pin on the button in sharptools (because i want to be able to disable individual users like my nanny, or housecleaner, etc). Iā€™d prefer to pop-up a pin dialog in sharp tools and pass that pin to the partition method and have the alarm system authenticate the user.

Will this integration stop working at the end of the month? Any work arounds or alternatives?

See a few p

See a few posts up for an Edge driver replacement.

This integration works EXTREMELY WELL. Iā€™ve been able to use it to replay my Honeywell Tuxedo automation with SmartThings.

I originally tried to do this with Konnected - which worked - but required wiring as well as did everything through ā€˜the cloudā€™. This allows Smartthings to locally get status from Envisalink.

Iā€™ve encountered two small ā€˜glitchesā€™ in the course of unwiring the Konnected and updating to Envisalink.

1.) I had to turn off the alarm panel. Smartthings ceased to work with the Envisalink until I rebooted the Smartthings hub

2.) Similarly for some reason I found a sensor out-of-synch and rebooted Envisalink. Smartthings again ceased to work until the Smartthings hub was rebooted.

These were minor issues, easily fixed by the reboot. Not being driver savvy Iā€™m not sure if something could be done by in the driver ( @philh30 ) or if thatā€™s just part of the Smartthings architecture that is a limitation.

Regardless - itā€™s an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL thing. Love it!

@jonj, many of us have also benefited from this integration. Keep in mind that it will no longer be supported by SmartThings after Dec 31, 2022. I recommend you transition to its replacement.

1 Like

Thanks! That is the one that Iā€™m using. (I thought that Iā€™d posted my comment thereā€¦)

1 Like

Hi,

My AD2USB stopping working with SmartThings as I am still using STNP. Any help to get this to work with the new Edge Driver ?

Thanks!

Any update for the Edge Driver to be able to use with AD2USB?

i know this thread is old and this thing is obsolete, but ive been using STNP again since I moved to Hubitat. I was able to reactivate the server just fine, but I just noticed Iā€™ve been getting this error in there a bunch:

Error: ignoring invalid message code from Envisalink: %20, data: F7EC

It seems more related to the Envisalink part of the system, so I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this in their logs, or had any idea how to troubleshoot data received from an EVL4 (connected to a Vista 20P)

Messages from the EVL are formatted as %CC,DATA$. CC is the 2-digit command code. The documentation only lists 00, 01, 02, 03 and FF as command codes that the EVL should be sending so getting 20 as a code should be throwing an error. F7EC is probably hex - the EVL sends most data as hex strings that represent bit fields. Are all of these errors that same code/data combo?

Interesting. Yes they are all the same command code and data. Earliest mention in the logs I found is from March when I turned it back on after several months of non-use while I used the edge driver instead. Same host, no change to the program. No mention of this error while using the ST SmartApp