[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

@Sakman, I’ve got the duplicate routines (and scenes - although the scenes can be replicated in the routine to be honest) created in the New App already, but not sure if I want to fully pull the trigger just yet. I’m getting there, but I know that in some instances if you delete the contents of the Classic App you can’t get certain things back.

** update ** Screw it, I went all in. I deleted my routines in the Classic App and then deleted the app. All seems to be working in the new app, but I’ll give it time to see if my new routines/scenes fail the logic arguments. I will be curious to see how the presence plays out as well with my phone.

I’m still having issues with nodejs not being able to talk to SmartThings. I have to reboot the hub about every 2 weeks.

hey, know I’m probably jumping into the wrong thread, but wanted to make sure I used an active one. I have followed all the steps (I think) to add my Vista panel to Smartthings using the Envisalink4, and my node server is definately working, I can see all events through the cmd panel. My app appears in smartthings, but my devices do not. I have checked all my ports, ip addresses, and various other programming. Any idea on the best place to start looking? I’m sure it’s something stupid, but I am terrible at programming and am sure I just did one really stupid thing. Is port 8080 more likely to work than 8088? does the config file set the password for the smartthing node, or do I have to match it to something I have configured previously? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Willing to share any code or screenshots necessary

Do you have discover zones checked? Your config file will set a few things:

“port”: “8080”,
“authCode”: “xxxxxxx”, (node proxy auth code)
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “xx.xx.xx.xx”, (internal envisalink ip address)
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “xxxx”, (envisalink password - typically default here)
“securityCode”: “xxxx”, (security code for your alarm system)

I didn’t think I would find my answer here in this thread, but I’m sure glad that I decided to poke my head into here!

I’ve been struggling with re-configuring my AD2Pi implementation with SmartThings for the past 2 months or so. It was first setup a couple years ago, recently did an upgrade to v3 SmartThings app and likely through my ignorance messed up some things and decided to restart the whole process: re-image Pi, new setup of dth, etc. For the longest time couldn’t figure out why the ST app wouldn’t see the live changes but the webapp had no problems. Left the mess for about 2 weeks and out of the blue, everything was live again. Although all the sensors were all being read into ST now, the actual “panel” device is just blank with no controls.

The answer I found from this thread that clarifies my confusion is what Phil mentioned above regarding the new app only being able to handle a user interface that matches a predefined capability or set of capabilities, which may work for zone devices, but not the partition device full of buttons.

As I was reading through this thread, I was contemplating switching to this integration because there seems to be much better support over here.

I’ve also not really come across much in terms of the AD2Pi hardware in this thread, it mostly talks about the envisilink and the AD2USB. Is there something about the AD2Pi that would not allow this integration? I would be running this on an original Pi B+, so it’s quite a few years old now, would that be a problem?

i’m new to this party, I just configured this setup this week and I am having the same problem with the honeywell security smart app not not offering me a choice to select the smartthings hub. Has anyone figured out a work around for this?

You will probably have to set up the Honeywell integration in the Classic app. Once this is done, if you want to use the new app, you can setup virtual switches to arm/disarm the system as described in the posts above.

Thanks a million!! that worked!

So this solution works for contact, motion and smoke sensors. What about other sensors like CO, water leak, glassbreak, etc? Do they just get treated like one of those 3, or am i not able to use them in ST?

You should be able to add any other sensors connected to your Vista as one of those three. I have a glass break that shows up in ST as a contact sensor. It reports its state as open/closed, which can then be used in automations.

It’s also possible to copy and edit the existing device handlers to make them report something more rational for the sensor. So I could make the glass break sensor report something like “ok” and “glass broken”. But overall in ST (especially with the new app) it’s better to stick with the standard capabilities. There are capabilities for water leak and carbon monoxide, so if you changed the DTHs to use those capabilities they would work fine. There isn’t one for glass break, so sticking with contact sensor is probably best.

The AD2Pi might work with this. I haven’t seen anyone post about trying it though. If the AD2Pi connects as a serial device to the Pi (I’m pretty sure it does) and uses the same protocol as the AD2USB (no idea), then it might work for you. I doubt the age of your Pi would be an issue.

How do you get the alarm state from this interface? I’m trying to run scenes or use webcore to turn things on/off when the burg system goes into alarm but I cant figure out what point/attribute to use for a trigger.

The partition device has the attribute"dscpartition" which webcore should be able to see. That will give you armed/disarmed/etc.

I don’t have the partition device to pick from, is there something I’m missing?

Did you explicitly authorize the device in WebCoREs settings?

i don’t have a partition device to add to webcore, only the honeywell security device. are they the same thing? The system seems to be working except I can’t find an Alarm trigger to use for other programs I’d like to write. if i use the honeywell security device in web core and choose alarm I get two choices “siren” or “strobe” neither of which do anything for my purposes.
I see the attributes in the partition device handler code as mentioned above but they don’t show up in smartthings for some reason. I’m no expert at this, just learning it as I go.

Honeywell Security is the default name for the partition, so that’s the device you want. Take a look at this post which has an example piston in it.

I must be an idiot, I cannot figure out a way to get the “dscpartition” parameter into my if statement. what am I doing wrong??

I have the same parameters as @Mark_Accardi,… there is no line item for dscpartition

I did see the following post about adding some code to the DH, but I am hesitant in case I screw up the program.

i figured it out, add these two lines to the partition DH as described in this post, You need to type them in, not copy/paste [RELEASE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration