SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

honeywell
dth_security
smartapp_security
project_security
alarmdecoder

(Manny) #885

Eyez-On does appear to have a Twitter account, but hasn’t sent anything out since August.

https://twitter.com/eyez_on?lang=en

Appreciate you checking, I’m glad (or not, depending on how you look at it) that it is not isolated. I’ve had their product for many, many years and have never seen it go down like this…

(Manny) #887

I “tweeted” at them for a status (is that how you say it? Sorry but I rarely use Twitter). I also checked www.eyez-on.com on this site and it says it’s down.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/eyez-on.com

I am sure they are getting complaints through the company(s) they use for the monitoring, as those customers are probably complaining the app. doesn’t work…

(Manny) #889

The app and the website for Eyez-On are both working now.

(Ian Thomas) #890

I had lots of issues with forever, probably down to my lack of skills, so switched to PM2. I followed these instructions from another project, which works perfectly. My Pi recovers perfectly now:

(Mark H) #891

I just want to acknowledge redloro for all the time, effort and work that went into this project. I got a ST hub for Christmas last year hoping to move my home automation to another level. I have a Honeywell Tuxedo Touch keypad connected to a 20p panel with about 25 z-wave devices. Honeywell had pushed this as the future of home automation at the time. But over the years I became increasingly more frustrated with the limitations of this hub compared with what ST and Vera could do. Honeywell seemed to just abandon the smart home project. So when I got my new ST hub I transferred all the z-wave devices to ST and began exploring the possibility of integrating all the Honeywell sensors into ST. Well thankfully redloro had taken the time to figure all of this very complicated stuff out! I will admit that it took me about 40 hours to get it working, I have no background in computer science or anything close to computers! But I learned so much in the process! redloro’s video and all the answered questions eventually got me up and running. redloro also completely open up a whole new world for me called Raspberry Pi! Something I have never heard of before. So I just wanted to say thanks for what you have done and to all the others who have contributed to this project by asking such great questions and making suggestions!

(Kyle Mueller) #892

I’ve had my AD2USB and STNP on a Raspberry Pi, and everything works great!.. Except I get Smart Home Monitor alerts for short glitches that don’t show up in the alarm system. The smoke sensor on Z1 keeps kicking faults, but the actual alarm system doesn’t go off - just the Smart Home Monitor. The Smart Home Monitor for the front door wired zone also goes off whenever the Ring doorbell is triggered. Is there a way to have the Smart Home Monitor only trigger on alarms, rather than going off when individual sensors are triggered? Thanks!

AD2USB, Ademco Vista 40, Raspberry Pi 3 B, Smoke sensor, 4 motion sensors, 30 wired zones.

Hi,

I followed all steps here (https://youtu.be/XC2X8Qiyxqs) but I am getting an error when setting up the node server:

I get the following error when I type the command “node server.js” in Raspberry pi:

[2018-05-26T00:49:33.717Z] [stnp] SmartThings Node Proxy listening at http://:::8080
[2018-05-26T00:49:33.725Z] [stnp] Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir ‘./plugins’

Any idea what I did wrong? I confirmed that I created “plugins” folder if that’s what the error about.

(Jorge Arias) #895

I’m no expert, but maybe check the permissions on the plugins folder? Maybe the user running node doesn’t have access to the plugins folder? Also, did you copy the plugins files into the plugins folder?

(Jorge Arias) #896

Thank you redloro & the community SO MUCH for your work on this. I was able to get through it all very smoothly. I’m yet to try arming/disarming from smartthings (don’t want to risk waking up the baby), but I was able to test the contact sensors. This is really AWESOME. Thank you!

(ᵇᶥᵍ ШΞΒȘГẬŚ (Webstas)) #897

anyone else getting this now in the logs and nothing getting reported back to the hub

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.String#.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class [B]
[class [C]
[class java.lang.String] @line 262 (getHttpHeaders)

Worked flawlessly for months

-Addition-
i moved my STNP to another machine and it resolved my issue

(Rob) #898

Hi Redloro

I have been working fine for about a year now I am also getting this same error:

[2017-02-22T15:48:54.872Z] [stnp] Notify error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.1.4:39500

The STNP is trying to post an update to the SmartThings Hub at that address and port. Either the address is incorrect or the STNP cannot reach that address/port (ie. it’s blocked).

Where do I go to check for the blocked port? I enabled port forwarding of 39500 in my router. Is there somewhere else I can check? Been working on this for hours and hours. I verified my smartthings shows the ip 192.168.1.4 for my smartthings hub in my router (unchanged from before). When I start ‘npm’ I see it connect to my envisalink just fine, and then my alarm panel…then I get the error. It’s as if the smartthings hub is rejecting. I don’t think anything in my environment has changed. Thanks in advance!

(ᵇᶥᵍ ШΞΒȘГẬŚ (Webstas)) #899

@krypto69 I was seeing similar messages in my logs with the issue above, in my case i had added google home notifer that was running on the same host, basically the STNP and GHN were getting their return messages mixed up and the smart hub was refusing the connection. I fixed it by moving my STNP to another machine(in my case i made a new VM) and now they both are working again.
Side note i wouldn’t enable port forwarding on your router since these communications all occur inside your network behind your router they don’t need access to the outside world, that seems like an unnecessary security risk

(Rob) #900

Thanks Big_Webstas

I didn’t install the GHN. Although it looks interesting.

Still banging head against wall trying to figure this out.

Think it would help to change the port on my rpi from 39500 to something else? I know that is the IP of my smarthings…so kinda thinking it has to be the port…?

If I run a ‘netstat’ -a I see my smartthings ip (192.168.1.4) as port# 8009 and port#44759 ‘ESTABLISHED’

Should I switch the port from 39500 to 44759?

How do I see what port smarthings is using?

(ᵇᶥᵍ ШΞΒȘГẬŚ (Webstas)) #901

@krypto69 Sorry, GHN is google home notifier.

Do you have any other node servers/ relay servers running on your RPi?

From what i understand it associates local messages to apps/devices via Mac address, so if you have more than one thing trying to send notifications directly to your hubs local address from the same computer/vm/rpi it will have the same mac and the hub will reset the connection

I don’t think you can change the port that the smartthings hub is listening on

(TR) #902

Hi, I really need help. I keep getting this error: ** NOTICE ** Envisalink settings not set in config file!

I am running on a Windows Machine with the latest version. My config.json is below with the custom entries scrubbed. TYIA!!

{
“port”: 9000,
“authCode”: “code”,
“envisalink”: {
“passcode”: “user”,
“address”: “ipaddress”,
“port”: “4025”,
“securityCode”: “code”,
“dumpZoneTimer”: “0”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
“partition”: 1,
“name”: “Security Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 1,
“type”: “smoke”,
“name”: “Smoke Detector”
},
{
“zone”: 2,
“type”: “contact”,
“name”: “Front Door”
},
{
“zone”: 3,
“name”: “Back Door”
},
{
“zone”: 4,
“name”: “Kitchen Door”
},
{
“zone”: 5,
“name”: “Kitchen Window”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “ipaddress”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

(TR) #903

Issue solved. I just had to go through the rest of the setup, adding the SmartApps etc. So if anyone is having this issue try moving to the next steps and complete the setup. It worked for me. Even though I did wasted several hours trying to “fix” it. :frowning: Hopefully I can save others their time.

(Caleb) #904

Since you have a 21iP did you have to remove the onboard IP module and install the Envisalink in order for this to work?

Hi All- I have been working on implementing this in my free time for the better part of this week and some of the last. I feel like I am getting close to completing it. But, I need some assistance to get it across the finish line.

I feel like the EVL-4 and STNP are working properly. I have full control on the EyezOn website and the zones update properly with zone descriptions. I think the STNP on my Windows 10 machine is working properly because it connects/communicates with the EVL-4 and events update properly with zone descriptions in the terminal window.

I have installed @Redloro’s “Honeywell Security” smartapp in my SmartThing’s web interface and in the SmartThings app on my iPhone. I have also installed the honeywell-partition, honeywell-zone-contact, honeywell-zone-motion, and honeywell-zone-smoke device handlers in my web interface.

My guess is that, although I can only see one, I probably have multiple problems. If I understand correctly, the alarm sensors should show up as “Things” in the SmartThings app on my phone. I should also be able to arm/disarm/monitor my system from the Smart Home Monitor. I have been stuck for a couple of days combing through all of the previous posts and my configuration file trying to figure out why my devices/sensors won’t show up in the SmartThings app on my phone. The Smart Home Monitor app is not showing the correct status of my alarm system either.

Hopefully, it is something simple that I am overlooking. Can you guys offer any guidance? See the below snips of my config file and the output of the STNP on the terminal window. I apologize to everyone for the wordiness of this post. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

–Terminal–
C:\smartthings-nodeproxy>node C:\smartthings-nodeproxy\server.js
[2018-07-27T10:43:31.318Z] [stnp] SmartThings Node Proxy listening at http://:::8080
[2018-07-27T10:43:31.325Z] [stnp] Loaded plugin: envisalink
[2018-07-27T10:43:31.330Z] [evl3] Connected to Envisalink at **********:4025
[2018-07-27T10:43:39.797Z] [evl3] {“type”:“partition”,“partition”:1,“state”:“armedinstant”,“alpha”:“ARMED INSTANT”}

–Configuration–
{
“port”: 8080,
“authCode”: “+++++”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “+++++”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “user”,
“securityCode”: “+++++”,
“dumpZoneTimer”: “0”,
“panelConfig”: {“type”: “manual”,
“partitions”: [