Woohoo!!! I finally got everything to work, and looks like my issue was unique compared to all the other posts. For those that run into this issue with a Honeywell Vista 15p + EVL 4 + QNAP Container / Docker image, here were the root cause issues that led to me not being able to see any of the sensors in my Things, but still being able to arm/disarm the alarm.
- I’m using a QNAP NAS with a Docker Node.js image via ContainerStation. It was actually pretty easy to set this up, but initially I had the new container using a Host network mode, which shares the IP address with the main QNAP NAS itself. QNAP uses port 8800 for its’ web UI so I thought that if I had my STNP using port 8888 it should totally be fine. However, in looking at the logs I noticed I didn’t see any body messages showing anything about the partitions or zones, so I guessed that it may have been due to some traffic loss somewhere. I ended up changing the networking mode on the container to Bridge and set it up with a different static IP address from the main QNAP one, and as soon as that happened I updated the smartapp with the new IP and started seeing more messages show up in the ST Live Logs for partition and zone recognition.
- My alarm system was giving a “SYSTEM LO BAT” and “READY TO ARM” message over and over since I didn’t have a backup battery connected up to the Vista 15p panel. Once I finally was able to see partition and zone messages in the ST Live Logs (after completing the previous step) I could see these messages getting intermingled with those errors, I figured the error messages might be interfering with the discovery / initialization of the SmartApp, and that there wasn’t any message filtering going on there. I ended up changing my config.json to set the type back to “discovery”, restarted the node.js server to take that config, rebooted my EVL-4 as I noticed that it suppresses those error messages at the beginning after a reboot, and then ran the SmartApp discovery one more time. Luckily, that did the trick and the SmartApp was able to discover the partition and the zones after that, and successfully added them to Things.
Looking forward to not debugging this anymore and just enjoying a functional system