[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

I DID click “beautify”, but no errors popped up. Do I need to copy the result to the config.json file? I thought it was the same, just not formatted. Here’s what the result is, and if I SHOULD copy and use it, let me know please: And no, 8888 is NOT my code, I only changed it to paste here, it IS correct in the actual file.

{“port”:8088,“authCode”:“secret-key”,“envisalink”:{“address”:“192.168.1.254”,“port”:“4025”,“password”:“user”,“securityCode”:“8888”,“panelConfig”:{“type”:“discover”,“partitions”:[{“partition”:1,“name”:“Security Panel”}],“zones”:[{“zone”:1,“type”:“contact”,“name”:“Front Door”},{“zone”:3,“type”:“contact”,“name”:“Basement Door”},{“zone”:4,“type”:“motion”,“name”:“Basement Motion”},{“zone”:9,“type”:“contact”,“name”:“Back Door”},{“zone”:10,“type”:“contact”,“name”:“Front Gate”},{“zone”:15,“type”:“motion”,“name”:“Storeroom Motion”}]}},“notify”:{“address”:“192.168.1.202”,“port”:“39500”}}

And here’s my typed out screenshot (because I can’t see how to attach a picture!) of my Honeywell smartthings app:

SmartThings Hub
Select Hub
Home Hub

SmartThings Node Proxy
Proxy Address
Proxy Port
Auth Code
secret-key

Honeywell Panel
Plugin Type
envisalink

Security Code

Discover Zones is ON

Envisalink Vista TPI
Host Address
Host Port
Password
user

Smart Home Monitor
Integrate with Smart Home Monitor is ON

Port in app isn’t 8088 like it is in config.json

ACK! Right you are!

I changed config.json to 8080, restarted npm run start. Communication ok, everything the same as before, but no joy.

When you login to eyezon website… can u arm your system? Trial and error always works lol

Yep! From Eyezon’s website I can arm and then disarm my system. And the CMD window on my server PC shows that I did it.

Hmmm… Did you add the device handlers to smartthings ide before u added the app?

I did, yes.

Looking at the code in the four “groovy” files - did I need to actually do anything to them other than copy the code? Do I need to delete the first 14 lines that are between slashes, maybe? Do I delete the line with a “//”?

you shouldnt need, to the compiler will ignore commented out lines, what does your groovy file look like?

His server is up and running in node… So it’s something in app. Port. IP. Secret-key. Etc. It’s weird. Hope @Big_Webstas can help ya out. I went through the things I could think of lol

Hi @Big_Webstas, remember I’m a GIGANTIC beginner at this. I know I have four groovy files that I copied code and followed instructions for. When you ask “what does your groovy file look like” which one do you mean, and how do you want me to show you? Thanks for helping!

Oh, separate question for anyone: How do you “stop STNP”? I’m on a PC, and I’ve just been closing the CMD window without typing anything. Is there something I should be typing to stop STNP, or is closing the window ok?

Ok guys so I fixed mine! This is how. I completely removed “dumpZoneTimer”: “0”, from my config and I also removed a small space after the word type in this line "type ": “discover”, Below is my old config and then my new one for comparison.

Old config.json
{
“port”: 8088,
“authCode”: “secret-”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.3”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “user”,
“securityCode”: “****”,
“dumpZoneTimer”: “0”,
“panelConfig”: {
"type ": “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
"partition ": 1,
“name”: “Security Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 9,
“type”: “contact”,
“name”: “Front Door”
},
{
“zone”: 10,
“name”: “Garage Entry Door”
},
{
“zone”: 11,
“name”: “Daughters Window”
},
{
“zone”: 12,
“name”: “Sons Window”
},
{
“zone”: 13,
“name”: “Living Room Window”
},
{
“zone”: 14,
},
{
“zone”: 15,
“name”: “Dining Room Window”
},
{
“zone”: 16,
“name”: “Office Door”
},
{
“zone”: 17,
“name”: “Shed Door”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.35”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

New config.json
{
“port”: 8088,
“authCode”: “secret”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.3”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “user”,
“securityCode”: “****”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
"partition ": 1,
“name”: “Security Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 9,
“name”: “Front Door”
},
{
“zone”: 10,
“name”: “Garage Entry Door”
},
{
“zone”: 11,
“name”: “Daughters Window”
},
{
“zone”: 12,
“name”: “Sons Window”
},
{
“zone”: 13,
},
{
“zone”: 14,
},
{
“zone”: 15,
“name”: “Dining Room Window”
},
{
“zone”: 16,
“name”: “Office Door”
},
{
“zone”: 17,
“name”: “Shed Door”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.31”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

2 Likes

Thank you Tim Courtney!!! I had the extra space after "type " as well. I’ve looked at it 10 times and missed it. Removed the space and have all zones and can arm/disarm (did not have to remove dumpZoneTimer). Thank you Redloro, Tim Courtney, Evasilisin and everyone else on this thread. Ya’ll are awesome!

2 Likes

Glad y’all got it lol… It’s funny how the simple things can get us every time. I finally got my server to continue running, even when my Raspberry Pi shuts off randomly. Added something to autostart, and now it runs on boot. In case I’m not home, and server goes down. It’s been driving me crazy the past few days.

@withay I truly believe the port is your issue… nano server.js and go down towards the bottom, change port to 8081. Now nano config.json and change port to 8081. Now change in your smartthings app to 8081, and click save. My things didn’t show up on 8080. But showed up on 8081. Not sure why it did that. Maybe you are experiencing similar issue.

To stop the proxy server you can do ‘forever stop server.js’ if you have forever. Or maybe ‘npm run stop’ i never tried that tho

I THINK when you’re saying “nano server.js” you just mean “open/edit server.js” right? LOL I don’t really know what “nano” means. I use a PC, in case that’s a raspberry thing. And closing the CMD window must be the correct way - as I’m not able to type anything in the window, there IS no prompt or cursor.

ANYWAY - I went in and changed server.js to 8081, and changed config.json to 8081 (and made sure there was no space after “type”), and changed my smartthings app to 8081, clicked save. Nope. Turned discover off, saved, and then on, saved. Nothing. I still can see in my CMD window that I’ve connected the PC to the EVL3 and the EVL3 is reporting to the PC just fine. Just… Nothing in “things”. No Honeywell alarm, no sensors, nothing. Sigh.

I would post “logs” but I don’t know what logs would be helpful, and I don’t know how to initiate logs or where they are to copy/paste them. LOL I TOLD you I was a raw beginner. I’m learning, but… Yeah. Frustrated.

Stupid question, but is the smartthings on same network lol? And have you typed http://your.ip.address:8081 into browser to see if you get anything?

I’m noob to this too, I come over from android development. I wanted my house to have a sweet alarm system, so this was needed lol

Sooo… It didn’t work because of a mistake I made - I’m owning this one.

I have two PC servers in my basement. One is for my security cameras, and one is my “everything” server. I have a monitor next to my desk that’s connected to that “everything” server, and I have a browser opened to look at my cameras (blue iris), with the camera server’s IP address in the address bar of the browser.

My logic: That browser is from the everything server, therefore the IP address in the browser must be for the everything server.

I just entered the correct IP address. Everything is working perfectly. I would go and delete all my posts, but maybe someone can learn from them.

I’m really sorry to have wasted everyone’s time.

To say I feel like an enormous dumbass is an understatement.

That is all. Sigh.

Haha… not wasting anyone’s time. We all learn from the little mistakes, and oversights. Glad you figured it out tho!! I’m sure somebody will read our posts and chuckle lol

1 Like

When I tried:

npm install

I got a fatal error:

make: Entering directory '/home/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/cap/build'
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/cap/src/binding.o
../src/binding.cc:4:23: fatal error: pcap/pcap.h: No such file or directory
 #include <pcap/pcap.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.

On research, I finally figured out that I didn’t have libpcap installed, so I did:

sudo apt-get install libpcap-dev

and then npm install worked like a charm.

Hi, I have this running on existing Pi3 perfectly fine in the past year. I’m looking into moving it over to a Pi3 Docker host machine to consolidate all my SmartThings rather spread across multiple Pi3 machines currently in use right now to minimize issues when I make updates to the systems.

I see there is a prebuilt Docker image which is a good start as I’m fairly new to Docker. However, I’d like to build from scratch first before resorting to that prebuilt image. My Pi3 host machine is running Raspbian Stretch. I’m wondering if I can build my Docker container off the base image of “resin/armv7hf-debian:stretch”. I’m fairly new to Dockers and learning as I go.

In dockerfile, what would I change architecture to=> “armv7” or “armv7hf” ?
In docker build command line example, what is this arg for “–build-arg branch=testing” and will I need it?
In docker compose “image: rpi-smartthings-nodeproxy:latest”, would I replace that will my own custom image correct?