[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

No windows are showing up. Only my doors, alarm panel, and motions. Any ideas?

Turn on the device find in Honeywell app you created. Then turn it off. Should discover them.

Maybe I don’t understand? I closed my app. I opened the SmartThings app. I went to “My Home” and there is nothing new under “Things”. Then I press “Automation” and “Smart Apps” and Honeywell Security" is there. I touch “Honeywell Security” and it’s just the initial options that I entered earlier (IP addresses, passwords, etc). Nowhere do I see how to arm or disarm, or see my individual door sensors or motion sensor. I checked, my proxy server thing is communicating just fine with my alarm panel, and the Honeywell Security SEEMS right because everything was green. And my passwords are correct - I checked.

Wait, my bad. Ok, I went in, turned off “Discover” (I started with it on). Saved. Closed app. Opened app. Nada.

Make sure you are on the same network as the server you set up… in my case, raspberry pi. You may need to start the node proxy, npm run start. I’m by no means a pro with this, as I have just started playing with this myself… I’ve got security system to arm, disarm, etc. And my door contacts to show in smart things. But no window sensors.

Thanks! Yep, same network, I’m on a spare PC, got npm run start thing running with proper results. I appreciate the reply - gives me a chance to doublecheck things. Good luck with your windows- lol I can’t help with that!

I can’t get my window contacts to show up. Just the first like 10 items in my config.json. Also, I have to keep running npm run start. The raspberry pi is always on, but after 30 minutes or so, the server stops and I lose updates to smartthings.

Nope, still no “things” showing up.

This is the error I am getting on my pi. Any help is appreciated

pi@raspberrypi:~/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy $ node server.js
/home/pi/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/stores/file.js:160
throw new Error(“Error parsing your configuration file: [” + this.file + ']: ’ + ex.message);
^

Error: Error parsing your configuration file: [./config.json]: Unexpected token r in JSON at position 1
at File.loadSync (/home/pi/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/stores/file.js:160:11)
at Provider.add (/home/pi/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/provider.js:137:23)
at Provider.file (/home/pi/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/provider.js:63:15)
at Object. (/home/pi/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy/server.js:23:7)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
at Module.runMain (module.js:604:10)
pi@raspberrypi:~/downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy $

OH! So - I got that error! It was a mistake in my config.json file! LOL I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong, so I redid the file from the sample, and ONLY deleted the “//” comments, and then deleted the directories and started over, and for me it worked. I have no idea why.

Of course, I can’t see anything in “things” so there’s that…

I used one of the configs from here to get started. My config.json:

{
“port”: 8088,
“authCode”: “secret-key”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.3”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “user”,
“securityCode”: “1234”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
“partition”: 1,
“name”: “Security Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 1,
“type”: “contact”,
“name”: “Z1 Front Doors”
},
{
“zone”: 2,
“type”: “motion”,
“name”: “Z2 Hallway”
},
{
“zone”: 3,
“name”: “Z3 Front Glassbreak”
},
{
“zone”: 4,
“name”: “Z4 Rear Door Windows”
},
{
“zone”: 5,
“type”: “smoke”,
“name”: “Z5 Smoke Detector”
},
{
“zone”: 6,
“name”: “Z6 Basement”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “10.0.0.33”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

Kind of glancing through things and happened to stumble upon this. Little back story, I purchased the Ad2pi to integrate with my Vista 20P system and everything went well until one big issue. No motion alerts while armed which I see others have this issue as well here. I was confused at first since my ADT Pulse box can see motion while armed. Apparently it sends some AUI packets with this data on the keypad bus but the Alarmdecoder device doesn’t show all the data so I wasn’t able to reverse engineer the packets for each zone unfortunately. So of course I did some more digging and found the device will emulate a relay board. So I programmed up the panel to kick this relay whenever motion was triggered. It was an awesome feeling to see the open and close relay commands coming across the telnet session when the alarm was armed. Success!! But then I quickly realized the relays weren’t passed to Smartthings. 2nd option! Let’s have the Alarmdecoder app make a custom HTTP call via json and I can surely trigger something. And then the wheels fell off. The “when relay changes” notification type in the Alarmdecoder webapp doesn’t work. So in my journey of probably just going to write something to monitor the device via telnet I’ve stumbled upon this…

So with all that said, is it possible to use this integration here and capture these !REL,xx,01 and !REL,xx,00 messages from the AD2Pi device for an open/close contact in ST?

My wife laughs at me that I spent so much time already on getting this simple motion rule to work while armed for lighting when I could have just thrown up another motion sensor in the room. I’m on a mission and so close!

Can you only have one smartapp consuming lan messages at a time? i have
the google assistant relay setup and its consuming everything and nothing its getting to the honeywell smartapp
if i remove the assistant smartapp they start going back to the alarm server smartapp

Up and running for a few days, then it stops. I don’t understand why the server keeps stopping on me. This time I get this when trying to restart… is it saying port 8080 is in use by something else? My alarm company came to the house and messed with something. Didn’t seem happy I did this haha

EDIT: I answered my own questioon… I need to shadow the gsm unit that the alarm company re-installed and booted my envisalink

smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start /home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy
node server.js

events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::8080
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:870:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:893:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1236:14)
at listen (net.js:1272:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1368:5)
at EventEmitter.listen (/home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_mod
les/express/lib/application.js:618:24)
at Object. (/home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy/server.js
74:18)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)

npm ERR! Linux 4.9.76-v7+
npm ERR! argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “run” “sta
t”
npm ERR! node v4.3.2
npm ERR! npm v2.14.12
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start: node server.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start script ‘no
e server.js’.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the smartthings-nodepro
y package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node server.js
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls smartthings-nodeproxy

LOL It’s been over a month - I think @redloro has given up on us! Yes, I’m teasing, but I hope he’s able to help us - the alarm integration is so important to me and I’m so frustrated because I feel like I’m SO CLOSE!

i would change the port the api listens on, it looks like that might be your issue, i had a similar issue and had to change it to 8081
its on line 74 of the server.js file

Maybe i can help, did you turn on discover in the honeywell smartapp?

I did! I turned it on, off, on, opened and closed the app, then deleted and reinstalled the smartapp and tried again. I know the info is there - the command prompt window on my PC shows the proper statuses and updates when I open doors, etc etc… I reentered all the smart app info… Did you mean me when you said change to 8081?

@withay nope i was referring to @Evasilisin for the port change,

Is there anything in the live logging that would help us try to figure it out?

So I changed port to 8081, and I’m now getting all 64 sensors to appear in smart things. But my server stops running every so often. Can’t seem to get it to stay running. And now, this morning I’ve got this… But it doesn’t make sense, it ran fine last night, and I’ve changed nothing since then. If I run restart.me the server comes back up, and smartthings sees what’s going on… But, after a few hours, I have to run restart.me again. I tried forever start server.js but that doesn’t work for me either.

npm ERR! missing script: stop
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request
npm ERR! /home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy/npm-debug.log
pi@raspberrypi:~/smartthings-nodeproxy $ npm run start

smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start /home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy
node server.js

events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::8081
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:870:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:893:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1236:14)
at listen (net.js:1272:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1368:5)
at EventEmitter.listen (/home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_mod
les/express/lib/application.js:618:24)
at Object. (/home/pi/smartthings-nodeproxy/server.js
74:18)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)

npm ERR! Linux 4.9.76-v7+
npm ERR! argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “run” “sta
t”
npm ERR! node v4.3.2
npm ERR! npm v2.14.12
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start: node server.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1