[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

Quick question: I had a few additional windows wired so have new zones, which I have now added to my json config file. When I go into the app and select the ’Discover Zones’ it tells me I need to “remove from any dashboard or apps” first. I probably have 10-15 routines/triggers that use current zones - any way around starting from scratch?

If you find a way, please post it here. I’ve had the same issue…Mainly WebCoRE using the resources…The only way I figured out how to do it is delete and remove everything and start from scratch…not complaining, as this integration is just AWESOME… :slight_smile: Please do tell if you figure it out…

I and trying to run node on a windows pc. I can customize my config.json file fine but I can’t seem to get the server.js to run properly. It does not seem to be connecting to my envisalink 4. I get some errors running the server.js

Any idea where I am screwing up? I have reset the password on my envisalink, and know my ip address where it is (although it is not showing up) and the ip address of my smartthings hub. Seems a function is not properly defined.

Thanks redloro. Works perfectly!

Setup:
Windows 10 running the proxy
Vista 21ip
Envisalink EVL-4

1 Like

Hi,

My family and I moved into our home a little over a year ago, and found that it had an Ademco Vista 20P (possibly a 15P) installed, but not active. The system was likely installed new in 2003. Using various Internet sources, I was able to obtain the installer code, enter programming mode, set my master code, determine the numbers of all of my entry zones (doors), and disable the dialer.

The system also has a keyfob (working for arm and disarm), 1 PIR sensor in the main living space downstairs, 5 smoke detectors that I believe are connected to the system, and 1 heat detector that is mounted close to the keypad and siren.

I’m not sure about the model of the (single) keypad, but it is a fixed display, not alpha-numeric.

I’m having trouble determining the zone(s) assigned for the smoke detectors and the PIR motion sensor.

Regarding the PIR sensor, I removed the cover and found a 3v lithium battery, but it seems like it may also be wired - is that possible? When I opened the cover on the sensor, the keypad showed “check 09.” Initially, I thought that might be be the zone for the PIR, but with further reading it seems that 9 may be a virtual zone.

I tried putting the system in test mode and walking in front of the sensor, but no sound was made and no zone was indicated on a keypad. Any ideas about how to determine whether that sensor is wired or wire and what zone it is wired to?

Regarding the smoke detectors, these were originally Firex, but have been replaced with BRK 9120Bs. The smoke detectors work, and when one alarms, they all do, but I can’t figure out how the fire zone(s) are wired or numbered. When I test any of the detectors, the key does not show any alarm. When I key a fire alarm from the keypad, it shows Fire 95 and all of the detectors do sound.

I’m hoping to integrate the existing sensors into a DIY smart home security solution. I’ve been looking at this project and others, but I need to understand a bit more about my system and it’s zones before I can go further down the integration route.

In any case, I’d really appreciate anyone’s input regarding the PIR and smoke detector zone questions above.

Thanks.

@redloro - Have you thought about what it would take to convert the AD2USB plugin to support the AD2PI? I have another Pi3 and am thinking of migrating to this solution, want to play with the STNP!

Sorry for the delay, but just had my system blow up requiring me to go back to my earlier work. I was attempting to use forever to run on reboot but then came across using systemd as a better process. You’ll just need to create a “service” that will fire whenever your Raspberry Pi reboots. Here are the steps, start with creating the service file:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/smartthings-nodeproxy.service

Once in nano insert the following into the file:

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/Downloads/smartthings-nodeproxy
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/npm start
Restart=always
StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog
SyslogIdentifier=smartthings-nodeproxy
User=root
Group=root
Environment=NODE_ENV=production

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Pay close attention to the working directory as well as the location of your npm file. Once you’ve saved the file you’ll need to enable the service:

sudo systemctl enable smartthings-nodeproxy

Followed by starting the service:

sudo systemctl start smartthings-nodeproxy

You can test that it’s working with

systemctl status smartthings-nodeproxy

Hope this helps.

No worries.

I was able to get some help on this a while back and this was the resolution.

Thanks

1 Like

Great, we’ll this will help others then :wink:

@redloro When the vista alarm goes off I do not receive any notifications from SmartThings until I turn off the alarm on the panel. I do have SHM integration enabled.

Huge Shoutout to redloro! New ST users coming from HA. This was a breeze to setup (Esp if you follow steps). Got everything up and running and it works well. Setup on an Odroid UX4, runs great and have it setup as a service.

Thanks again redloro for this service!

1 Like

Hi Redloro, thanks for this, it is working very nicely.

However, I have a small problem: I have a couple of zones that are set to type 12 - monitor only. This is, for example the garage door or the fence door, which does not trigger the alarm but generates a notification. I set them as contact device handlers.

As far as I can the node proxy is ignoring these events and the states are not polled (I dont see any events in the ST logs). Do you have any suggestion as to how to debug? I suspect that the states are different than what it expects, but looking at your code I am not sure what is the best way to capture the monitor states.
Thanks!

Hi - I got this running on windows - very cool! I don’t have a smartthings hub yet (currently running a vera which has an app already tying into the Vista panel). When I get the hub and install the smartapp, will it run a zone discovery, or do I need to manually define the zones in the config file?

Thanks!

HI, I’m trying to get this setup on a windows 7 machine, i’ve read thru all the posts as well as the FAQ and i’m getting this error message when i try to start node server.js

c:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\smartthings-nodeproxy>node server.js
events.js:160
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::8080
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1045:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1259:14)
at listen (net.js:1295:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1391:5)
at EventEmitter.listen (C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath_target_207555570
\smartthings-nodeproxy\node_modules\express\lib\application.js:618:24)
at Object. (C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath_target_207555570
smartthings-nodeproxy\server.js:74:18)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)

c:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\smartthings-nodeproxy>

I have been able to telnet into the EVL fine and see it reporting system events. I think this is an issue with the config.json file but i can’t seem to figure out what the issue is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello all, Ive had this up and working since July and it has been wonderful! Not being one to follow the “if it aint broke dont fix it” rule, I was reading the changes to add the garage door triggers for pin 17 and 18. I ran some wiring and got all the contacts and switch working with the alarm itself. I added two new zones for interior and exterior garage doors. Once I did that everything with the service was fine except the new zones didnt show up in the app, and I didnt have the trigger buttons. So I updated my config json file to include the new zones and edited my device handler for the partition and now its no bueno. The st is talking to my stnp server but it seems the envasilnk connection is gone since my TPI is down.

This is what Im seeing in server.js

pi@raspberrypi:/home/smartthings-nodeproxy $ node server.js
[2017-12-11T20:30:21.433Z] [stnp] SmartThings Node Proxy listening at http://:::8080
[2017-12-11T20:30:21.477Z] [evl3] ** NOTICE ** Envisalink settings not set in config file!
[2017-12-11T20:30:21.483Z] [stnp] Loaded plugin: envisalink
[2017-12-11T20:31:21.516Z] [evl3] ** NOTICE ** Envisalink settings not set in config file!

I dont know if its referring to my json file or envisalink plugin or? Any ideas?

This is my revised config

{
“port”: 8080,
“authCode”: “#**",
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “192.168.1.202”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: "
”,
“securityCode”: “****”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “manual”,
“partitions”: [
{
“partition”: 1,
“name”: “Security Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{“zone”: 1, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Front/Garage Door”},
{“zone”: 2, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Patio Door”},
{“zone”: 3, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Master Window”},
{“zone”: 4, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Tristan Window”},
{“zone”: 5, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Aaryanna Window”},
{“zone”: 6, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Grandma Window”},
{“zone”: 7, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Living/Dining/Family Window”},
{“zone”: 8, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Glass Break Sensor”},
{“zone”: 10, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Interior Garage Door”},
{“zone”: 11, “type”: “contact”, “name”: “Exterior Garage Door”}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “192.168.1.201”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

I just added a zone 10 and 11.

@smartie @dlloyd242 It is annoying but the way it’s currently setup forces a clean removal of all existing zones and setup of zones if you use the “Discover Zones” button. If this is a pain, the easiest way would be to manually add the zones by going into Devices in the ST developers console, adding the device type and setting the device parameters using the same pattern used for the other zones.

Did you ever get this resolved? What files do you have in the c:\program files\nodejs\plugins folder?

Not sure if you figured this out but I think smoke detectors are usually all wired up to the same zone… and for the PIR motion sensor, is there no way for you to trigger it and see what is displayed in the STNP logs?? There are some tutorials on YouTube which show you how to diagnose, troubleshoot and program these panels… pretty easy but will take some time.

Haven’t had a chance to look into it but I would think it’d be pretty simple… shoot me a PM and we can get started.

Yeah I’m seeing the same thing… haven’t had any time to look into it but it appears to be an issue with SHM. Will send an update when I get some time to look into it further.