[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

Ok - you need to enable auto-discovery in the SmartApp and then your zones will show back up. Once they show back up if you have a stuck sensor, the easiest thing to do is simply flip the sensor itself from closed to open and then back to closed… that’ll get it refreshed in ST.

Hey @solutionssquad… it looks like it’s processing the events. When you ran this test did you not see the “DISARMED Ready to Arm” text show up in the Honeywell Security Panel device thing??

@redloro I am back up and running!! Thanks for your help.

@redloro, no and the alarm zones don’t update when a contact is opened and closed.

Ok - let’s start over cause I’m super confused. Did you create the device things manually? Let’s delete all the devices and just leave the SmartApp. Then open the SmartApp settings, enable “Discover Zones” and save. Wait a few seconds and then refresh your devices… verify that you see the Honeywell Security Panel and all the zones. Let me know how that goes.

I hate to say it since it took about 20 mins to remove them (used heavily) and now I have to re-add them to apps… but… IT WORKS!!!

Thank you so much.

Awesome…glad to hear!

Is anyone working on DSC integration? I have a DSC panel and willing to help out if someone can give me some pointers.

I think there are a couple other integration options for DSC. This approach doesn’t support DSC but could with a DSC specific plugin… would need someone to help put together the DSC commands/responses and test.

I added a zone the my alarm System is there a way to add it to SmartThings with out using the smart app. Otherwise I’ll have remove the existing zone intergrations from other apps.

Hi all,

Received my Envisalink last week and was able to get everything setup successfully. It is great having it all local and gaining the use of the sensors and contact as “Things”…so thank you!

A couple of things I haven’t figured out yet and thought I would check to see if anyone else had already figured them out:

1. Is there a way to Arm AWAY Instant / MAX from SmartThings?
  2. Is there a way to tell Goodnight to use Arm AWAY Instant / MAX? - in other words…when I trigger Goodbye I would like it to ARM AWAY and if I trigger Goodnight I would like it to ARM AWAY INSTANT
  3. Is there a preferred way to have other events trigger off of a Honeywell sensor? - (ex. when a door contact opens or the alarm is disarmed, open the water valve)

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Unfortunately no… all zones are associated with the SmartApp during setup, so you have to re-run the SmartApp and toggle “Enable Discovery” for the new zone to get added. If your existing zones are associated with other apps, they may not get deleted and stay in place.

This was discussed way up at the start see post #6 and #8. I changed mine so armed stay is actually armed instant.

@Louis96 this should work (fingers crossed)… only thing is I haven’t tested with EVL-4 and that’s what they’re selling now. With regards to your questions;

Screen shot of the smart app, which is only used for configuration:
IMG_5148.PNG750x1290 64.4 KB
Screen shots of the security panel thing which have arm and disarm smarttiles:
IMG_5146.PNG750x1290 56.5 KB
IMG_5147.PNG750x1290 61.9 KB
The envisalink plugin (envisalink.js11) has routes to support the armAway and armStay actions - you could change the last character key from 2 (in the case of Away) or 3 (in the case of Stay) to 7. This would allow you to do Instant arm. You could also add an additional button to the security panel thing and tie to the custom command route in the plugin, which has been disabled by default as it allows you to send whatever key combination you want to the panel (see line 79).

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I did the following and I think it should now do exactly what I was looking for…

In order to support automatic “MAX” when triggering Goodnight and reflect that Instant button is actually Stay Instant in SmartThings Honeywell Security Thing:

1. Modify line 57 in Envisalink.js (\DiskStation\homes\admin\smartthings-nodeproxy\plugins):
  • Original: evl.command(nconf.get(‘envisalink:securityCode’)+‘3’);
  • Modified: evl.command(nconf.get(‘envisalink:securityCode’)+'4’);
  1. Modify line 56 in Honeywell Partition (SmartThings IDE | My Device Handlers | redloro-smartthings : Honeywell Partition):
  • Original: state “default”, label: ‘Stay’, action: “armStay”, icon: “st.security.alarm.on”, backgroundColor: “#79b821
  • Modified: state “default”, label: ‘MAX’, action: “armStay”, icon: “st.security.alarm.on”, backgroundColor: “#79b821
  1. Modify line 60 in Honeywell Partition (SmartThings IDE | My Device Handlers | redloro-smartthings : Honeywell Partition):
  • Original: state “default”, label: ‘Instant’, action: “armInstant”, icon: “st.security.alarm.on”, backgroundColor: "#79b821
  • Modified: state “default”, label: ‘Stay-I’, action: “armInstant”, icon: “st.security.alarm.on”, backgroundColor: “#79b821
  1. SSH into the box running node.js to recycle and load changes:
  • killall node
  • cd smartthings-nodeproxy
  • ./restart.me

Have you given any thought into adding the ability to rename trigger1 / trigger2?

You can name it whatever you want in the Honeywell Partition Device thing source. Just edit lines 68 and 72 and set the label to whatever you want.

Anyone have any thoughts on / experience with this one?

Hi, Is there a way to run ‘npm run start’ as a service or in the backgroud in QNAP?

Have you looked at CoRE?

Check out post #539… should be some way to do this on the QNAP