[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

Did you ever add the option to bypass a zone?

Any update on the integration with AD2USB and Vista 20p? Let me know if I can help

@redloro Sent you a PR that fixes an issue with zones starting with a leading ‘0’:

@redloro Problems with serialport. I removed it from the package.json and then tried to install directly, but still ends up giving me errors:

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://github.com/EmergingTechnologyAdvisors/node-serialport/releases/download/4.0.7/serialport-v4.0.7-node-v48-linux-arm.tar.gz 
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for serialport@4.0.7 and node@6.9.5 (node-v48 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp) 
gyp WARN EACCES user "root" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/root/.node-gyp/6.9.5"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/.node-gyp"
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build'
make: *** No rule to make target '../.node-gyp/6.9.5/include/node/common.gypi', needed by 'Makefile'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build'
gyp ERR! build error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:276:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:215:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.4.34+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node" "--module_name=serialport" "--module_path=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport
gyp ERR! node -v v6.9.5
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.4.0
gyp ERR! not ok 
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error 
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute '/usr/local/bin/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --module=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release' (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Linux 4.4.34+
node-pre-gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp" "install" "--fallback-to-build"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v6.9.5
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.6.32
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok 
Failed to execute '/usr/local/bin/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --module=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node --module_name=serialport --module_path=/home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport/build/Release' (1)
npm ERR! Linux 4.4.34+
npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install" "serialport"
npm ERR! node v6.9.5
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! serialport@4.0.7 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@4.0.7 install script 'node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build'.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the serialport package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR!     npm bugs serialport
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls serialport
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy/npm-debug.log

Inside the npm-debug.log:

6176 silly install printInstalled
6177 verbose stack Error: serialport@4.0.7 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
6177 verbose stack Exit status 1
6177 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:255:16)
6177 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
6177 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:191:7)
6177 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:40:14)
6177 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
6177 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
6177 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
6177 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)
6178 verbose pkgid serialport@4.0.7
6179 verbose cwd /home/pi/share/smartthings-nodeproxy
6180 error Linux 4.4.34+
6181 error argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install" "serialport"
6182 error node v6.9.5
6183 error npm  v3.10.10
6184 error code ELIFECYCLE
6185 error serialport@4.0.7 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
6185 error Exit status 1
6186 error Failed at the serialport@4.0.7 install script 'node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build'.
6186 error Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
6186 error If you do, this is most likely a problem with the serialport package,
6186 error not with npm itself.
6186 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
6186 error     node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
6186 error You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
6186 error     npm bugs serialport
6186 error Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
6186 error     npm owner ls serialport
6186 error There is likely additional logging output above.
6187 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

I’m not sure I need serialport as I’m just using the Envisalink plugin for now. But even if I don’t need it right now, I thought I might play with in the future. Any assistance is appreciated.

I had this working and then something changed when I tried to set it up to start on reboot. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I ended up removing my devices and now I cannot add them back.

This is what I get in the logs:

9d2b2987-231d-4ffc-80da-a903092af819 2:16:13 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property        'Command' on null object @ line 323
9cfbd6cd-5897-4edb-bae5-457c031dba34 2:16:13 AM: trace Honeywell Security send command:   /plugins/envisalink/discover
9cfbd6cd-5897-4edb-bae5-457c031dba34 2:16:08 AM: debug requesting discovery in 5 seconds
9cfbd6cd-5897-4edb-bae5-457c031dba34 2:16:08 AM: trace Honeywell Security send command: /subscribe/20.10.10.101:39500
9cfbd6cd-5897-4edb-bae5-457c031dba34 2:16:08 AM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=0

I feel like when I ran server.js previously and it discovered devices, it would list them out on the screen and that’s not happening this time. I’m getting this:

[2017-02-21T08:16:09.029Z] [stnp] ::ffff:20.10.10.101 GET /subscribe/20.10.10.101:39500
[2017-02-21T08:16:13.790Z] [stnp] ::ffff:20.10.10.101 GET /plugins/envisalink/discover
[2017-02-21T08:16:13.794Z] [evl3] Completed panel discovery

I have tried to rediscover the devices countless times. I have unplugged the hub. I have rebooted my pi. I’m at my wit’s end since it was working a few hours ago and I have changed literally nothing about the configs or anything else. Please help!

config.json:

{
“port”: 8080,
“authCode”: “mysecretpassword”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “20.10.10.106”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “mydoublesecretpassword”,
“securityCode”: “alarmcode”,
“dumpZoneTimer”: “5”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
“partition”: 1,
“name”: “Alarm Panel”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 1,
“type”: “contact”,
“name”: “Door - Garage”
},
{
“zone”: 2,
“name”: “Door - Back”
},
{
“zone”: 3,
“name”: “Windows - Kitchen/Gaming”
},
{
“zone”: 4,
“name”: “Windows - Powder/Laundry/Garage”
},
{
“zone”: 5,
“name”: “Windows - Holodeck/Guest”
},
{
“zone”: 6,
“name”: “Windows - MasterSuite”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “20.10.10.101”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

Hi @redloro, any update on the integration with AD2USB and Vista 20p? I’d love to get started on this project and help test it out for you.

Tnanks

I am getting the following:
[2017-02-22T15:48:54.872Z] [stnp] Notify error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.0.131:39500
[2017-02-22T15:48:58.898Z] [evl3] {“type”:“partition”,“partition”:1,“state”:“ready”,“alpha”:“DISARMED Ready to Arm”}
[2017-02-22T15:48:58.904Z] [stnp] Notify error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.0.131:39500
[2017-02-22T15:49:02.937Z] [evl3] {“type”:“partition”,“partition”:1,“state”:“ready”,“alpha”:“CHECK 103 LngRngRadio 0000”}

Any help would be appreciated. I searched for ECONNREFUSED through the forums and hadn’t seen any one else asking about this. Please advise!

I have narrowed the problem down to my pi. I was able to get it all working again on my Windows PC so I know by EVL4 is working and the hub can talk to it correctly. Just not with my pi3. I have re-imaged the pi and reinstalled everything, carefully following the instructions, but it just won’t work as the proxy even though it has worked previously. I guess I’ll try again on my older pi and see if I can get that working at least. My Windows PC likes to stop talking to the router randomly and won’t reconnect without my intervention so I’d like to get this running successfully elsewhere. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, they’d be appreciated.

Will be pushing an update this weekend with that new feature.

@booles @Chris_P Coming this weekend…

Yeah - you don’t need this for the EVL integration… the serialport stuff is needed for the Russound or Monoprice multizone audio controllers. But you should be able to install it… try running the command as sudo?

@martamoonpie did you check out the video for setting up the STNP on a RPi3? It’s a little tricky getting all the default node stuff off and then doing a clean Node 7 install.

The STNP is trying to post an update to the SmartThings Hub at that address and port. Either the address is incorrect or the STNP cannot reach that address/port (ie. it’s blocked).

I’m pretty sure I ran with sudo. I’ve got everything I need up and running
now. Along with AskAlexa. I have another raspberry pi zero that I can
play with. I’ll see what happens on it, making sure to use sudo. Probably
won’ get to that immediately though.

Cheers,

Larry

I finally got it working on my pi. As soon as I moved it to where I could use ethernet instead of wifi, it worked with no issue. Thanks for the help!

@Cory_Richter @booles @Chris_P support for Zone Bypass and AlarmDecoder AD2USB is in!

Zone Bypass
To get Zone Bypass working:

1. Stop STNP
  2. Update the envisalink.js plugin
  3. Update the Honeywell Security SmartApp: honeywell-security.groovy
  4. Update the Honeywell Partition DeviceType: honeywell-partition.groovy
  5. Reconfigure the SmartApp and make sure to select Discover Zones
  6. After discovery, select the Honeywell Panel device, tap the config gear and enter the zones you wish to bypass (ie. 01,02,09)
  7. Tap the Zone Bypass icon and enjoy…

AlarmDecoder AD2USB
Follow the instructions to setup the system as usual but use the ad2usb.js plugin instead of the envisalink one. Let me know how it works!

1 Like

@redloro Great news! I started setting up the Raspberry Pi tonight, I will keep you posted.

Question…

I am setting up my first QNAP NAS (bit behind the times) - but going through the QNAP “App” Store I found NodeJS.
Has anyone experimented with configuring something like a NAS to run NodeJS and then subsequently run this application? I have this currently running on an ODroid (Rasberry Pi knockoff), but it would be cool to roll it into my QNAP NAS and use my ODroid for OpenElec (like it used to be)

Yeah I know that a bunch of community members are running STNP on various NAS systems like QNAP, Synology, etc but not sure about what version of the OS or NodeJS they are running… I’d recommend to first upgrade everything, use the latest version avail and with fingers crossed, it works!

I cant turn discovery on i get

physicalgraph.exception.ConflictException: Device still in use. Remove from any SmartApps or Dashboards, then try again @ line 68

That’s cause you’ve got other smartapps, routines or actions using one of the Honeywell devices and it can’t delete them. If you can’t figure out which device is “in use”, delete each one manually and the one you can’t delete will be the culprit. Remove the associations and then you’ll be able to remove. I had to change the device model in this latest update, requiring that all devices be deleted and recreated.