[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

I’ll look into it… in the meantime you can disable the scheduled dumps which ultimately leads to this problem by removing the “envisalink.dumpZoneTimer” setting from your config.json file. It doesn’t affect the behavior of the system and is only meant to act as a fallback mechanism to catch alarm faults that may not have been reported.

Commenting it out with // did not seem to work so I cut the line, this appears to work.

Thank you for your assistance

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Redloro,

I seem to have everything working for the most part, however I seem to get sporadic updates from the evl-3.

If i telnet into the envisalink, I see constant updates as I open and close doors, and the status in general. In the node proxy, I seem to get most events but not all. For instance, I will see when a door opens but not when it closes, or vice versa.

I also see this behavior when setting the alarm. I will get the arm countdown updates, but they often stop before counting off all 60 seconds. If I send a command like disarm or chime, it seems to wake up.

Per previous responses, I have verified that the updates are going to the Eyez-On site, and I have uncommented lines 183 and 197 so I see the TX> RX> events in real time.

Any suggestions?

Looks like a lot of good info here. Any word on the AD2USB integration?

This may have already been asked. But is there a way to arm the alarm (and disarm) via a routine? I have everything installed and working. I can arm it through the device but I can’t figure out how to Arm the alarm based on a routine.

Apologies if this is a duplicate.

@jmcconnell713 please share a copy of the logs from STNP where you see the TX> and RX> in real time. The RX is a direct message from the Envisalink… exactly what you should see via telnet. If you see the event in RX then you should see the event in SmartThings…

@booles should have it ready by next week… ping me on Monday for an early access copy. Assuming you have an AD2USB with Honeywell panel?

Yes I have an AD2USB I have been using with a Vista 20p and Vera 3 for a while now. I’d be happy to help you test it however I can.

I ended up adding TotalConnect smartapp. I use this to control the arm/disarm via a routine. Would like to do it locally. If there is a way I’d love to know. I use this for the Sensors

I get it to connect, but getting an error - any ideas?

[2017-02-05T07:02:50.531Z] [evl3] Connected to Envisalink at 192.168.1.225:4025
[2017-02-05T07:02:50.535Z] [evl3] Envisalink connection error: undefined
[2017-02-05T07:02:50.537Z] [evl3] Envisalink connection closed.
[2017-02-05T07:02:51.313Z] [evl3] Connected to Envisalink at 192.168.1.225:4025
[2017-02-05T07:02:51.317Z] [evl3] Envisalink connection error: undefined
[2017-02-05T07:02:51.319Z] [evl3] Envisalink connection closed.

Managed to get it working. Seems to be pulling all the data from the EVL-3 just fine. Looking forward to getting this to do things.

And with over 40 zones, this is way faster than the previous implementations that used python. Nice work.

Thanks for sharing this code.

Got new Vista 20P panel, RPi3 and EVL-4 to install this integration. Tried reinstalling a few times but same results so not sure what went wrong as I don’t see any devices for the contacts/motions/glass breaks when I hit done in the smartapp.

1. Is this error message supposed to be there?

serialport@4.0.7 install /home/pi/Home/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/serialport
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://github.com/EmergingTechnologyAdvisors/node-serialport/releases/download/4.0.7/serialport-v4.0.7-node-v51-linux-arm.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for serialport@4.0.7 and node@7.5.0 (node-v51 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)

1. I configured the config.json file with “manual” instead of discovery. Should I use discovery instead? I can see events from the panel into my server.js but not the other way around even when I choose discovery in the smartapp as well.

2. My live logging for the Honeywell security smartapp only shows “7:15:58 AM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=0” when I hit the done button.

@pilot04 did you check out the RPi install video I posted above? Send me your config.json and output from both the STNP console and ST Live Logging.

Sent the requested information so TIA! I have some other questions in the meantime while I try to get my setup working correctly.

1. I can’t seem to telnet into my EVL-4 device like some have done in this thread. It wouldn’t let me log in with default user/pwd and 4025 port. I tried putty and telnet client in win10.

2. Is there a DTH for glass break sensor or we supposed to use your Honeywell contact DTH?

You can’t telnet to the EVL if the STNP is connected; the EVL only allows one connection.

I think most have used the contact DTH or created a duplicate and changed the name to “Glass Break Sensor”.

Thanks redloro for the answers and correcting my config error with “discover” as the desired type rather than “manual” in the config.json file. It’s looking pretty good now with my Vista20P<->RPi3<->EVL-4 setup.

This looks like a great solution to incorporate my ADT system into Smartthings. My only hurdle is getting Ethernet into the the coat closet that houses the alarm panel. Any solutions including WIFI that would be an option?

Yeah… refer to post #245

@pilot04 sweet! :thumbsup:

Thanks @redloro!