[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

Thanks for making and pointing me to that video. It has really helped. I’ve rebuilt my Pi from scratch and followed the video. I have a RasPi 3 so there are a few differences but so far so good.

I have one question regarding the config.jason file. I’m only using the Envisilink so should I remove all other plugin parts. This is what I have without all the other plugin parts (I still have to put in the local unique stuff and password etc.

Thanks again

{
“port”: 8080,
“authCode”: “secret-key”,
“envisalink”: {
“address”: “192.168.1.11”,
“port”: “4025”,
“password”: “user”,
“securityCode”: “1234”,
“dumpZoneTimer”: “5”,
“panelConfig”: {
“type”: “discover”,
“partitions”: [
{
“partition”: 1,
“name”: “Yukon home”
}
],
“zones”: [
{
“zone”: 1,
“type”: “smoke”,
“name”: “Smoke Detector”
},
{
“zone”: 2,
“type”: “motion”,
“name”: “Central Motion Detector”
},
{
“zone”: 3,
“type”: “contact”,
“name”: “Entry Door”
},
{
“zone”: 4,
“name”: “Back Door”
},
{
“zone”: 5,
“name”: “Central House Windows”
},
{
“zone”: 6,
“name”: “Master Suite Windows”
},
{
“zone”: 7,
“name”: “East Rooms Windows”
}
]
}
},
“notify”: {
“address”: “192.168.1.12”,
“port”: “39500”
}
}

That’s correct… remove all the unnecessary stuff… looks good.

If you have any other questions regarding your config file, feel free to share your config here:
http://www.jsonmate.com/permalink/587409356e6846a114a1af38

And remember to stop your service, drop your new config in place and then restart the service.

Redloro, It’s all working great. Thank you so much for the help!

Sweet… great to hear!

Hi redloro, I appreciate the time you spent creating this integration for the community. It is perfect for my use case. However I cannot get my sensors to show up in the smartthings app. I added the device handlers, and have the proxy running. The proxy is properly communicating with my envisalink 4. I Listed my zones in the config file, and tried discovery. I have restarted my smartthings hub, alarm panel, and proxy, still nothing. When I push done in the smart app I get this message in the proxy.
[2017-01-10T15:57:14.185Z] [stnp] ::ffff:192.168.1.10 GET /subscribe/192.168.1.10:39500 [2017-01-10T15:57:14.278Z] [stnp] ::ffff:192.168.1.10 GET /plugins/envisalink/config/192.168.1.9:4025:user:8097
No errors listed.

Here is my config.json with some info redacted.
{ "port": 8080, "authCode": "xxxxxxxxxxx", "envisalink": { "address": "192.168.1.9", "port": "4025", "password": "user", "securityCode": "xxxx", "dumpZoneTimer": "5", "panelConfig": { "type": "manual", "partitions": [ { "partition": 1, "name": "Security Panel" } ], "zones": [ { "zone": 1, "type": "smoke", "name": "Smoke Detector" }, { "zone": 2, "type": "smoke", "name": "Gas" }, { "zone": 3, "type": "contact", "name": "Panic Button" }, { "zone": 4, "type": "contact", "name": "Garage Door" }, { "zone": 5, "type": "contact", "name": "Front Door" }, { "zone": 6, "type": "contact", "name": "Kitchen" }, { "zone": 7, "type": "contact", "name": "Living Room" }, { "zone": 8, "type": "contact", "name": "Dining Room" }, { "zone": 9, "type": "contact", "name": "Family Room" }, { "zone": 10, "type": "contact", "name": "Office" }, { "zone": 11, "type": "contact", "name": "Basement" }, { "zone": 12, "type": "contact", "name": "Family Room Glass Break" }, { "zone": 13, "type": "contact", "name": "Living Room Glass Break" } ] } }, "notify": { "address": "192.168.1.10", "port": "39500" } }
Any ideas?

Have you enabled the Enable Discovery of Partitions & Zones flag in the SmartApp??? Looks like the SmartApp is not issuing the “discover” command… if so let’s turn on full debug on the STNP and the Honeywell SmartApp…

• Uncomment lines 183 and 197 in /plugins/envisalink.js
  • Uncomment lines 114 and 119 in the SmartApp

Then restart the STNP and go through the SmartApp setup again.

Yes the discovery option is on in the smart app. I turned on the debug, deleted and re-setup the smart app. Still nothing. I still get this in the proxy
[stnp] ::ffff:192.168.1.10 GET /subscribe/192.168.1.10:39500 [2017-01-10T16:47:04.239Z] [stnp] ::ffff:192.168.1.10 GET /plugins/envisalink/config/192.168.1.9:4025:user:8097

We need the logs from SmartThings Live Logging… if you look at line 81 in the Honeywell SmartApp you’ll see that this call is never made… you may want to try and comment out line 79 and 82 to see if that works for you.

Ok I commented out lines, and setup the smart app again. Here’s the events from the smartthings live loging -
Honeywell Security send command: /plugins/envisalink/config/192.168.1.9:4025:user:8097 1:14:49 PM: trace Honeywell Security send command: /subscribe/192.168.1.10:39500 1:14:49 PM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=0

Still nothing.

Ok so runIn() is obviously not working… let’s try the following:

• Change line 81 in the SmartApp to read runIn(10, discoverChildDevices)… and then test (give it 10 secs to do something)
  • Change line 81 in the SmartApp to read runIn(60, discoverChildDevices)… and then test (give it 60 secs to do something)
  • Change line 81 in the SmartApp to read discoverChildDevices()… and then test (something should happen right away)

If I change 81 to discoverChildDevices() , I get this in my logs
Honeywell Security send command: /plugins/envisalink/discover trace Honeywell Security send command: /plugins/envisalink/config/192.168.1.9:4025:user:8097 trace Honeywell Security send command: /subscribe/192.168.1.10:39500 debug getChildDevices(true), children=0

It looks like it sent the discovery command. I still don’t see any sensors. They should appear in my things tab right?

Ok - this tells us that the SmartApp is now making the call to STNP… but the thing is that the SmartApp is not fully registered yet which usually causes device configuration issues… you can check to see if your devices were setup, but it’s probably not complete.

Were you not able to get it running with a 10 or 60 second timeout???

How can I check the devices? The devices page in the smartthings dev site doesn’t show any alarm devices.

It wouldn’t send the discovery command with a 10 or 60 sec. timeout.

Yeah if the devices don’t show under things… then it didn’t work.

Can you buy another SmartThings Hub and return this one?? lol… Ridiculous that this call is not firing… I’m sure there’s a bug that hopefully will get fixed by the dev team.

We can force discovery to work… do you have an http tool like Postman?

You really think the hub is bad? I could exchange it.

No I do not have postman or any other http tool. I’m open to suggestions.

Lol… no… it’s probably some software/platform issue.

Actually what would be easiest is the following:

• Comment out lines 43-48 in server.js
  • Restart the STNP
  • Point your browser to the STNP: http://192.168.1.XXX:8080/plugins/envisalink/discover

And have ST Live Logging up to see what happens…

I get nothing in the smartthings live logging. I just get this in the STNP log
::ffff:192.168.1.181 GET /plugins/envisalink/discover [2017-01-10T22:45:34.467Z] [evl3] Completed panel discovery
That’s my desktop ip.

Geez… what do you have setup with this Hub?? Cause it’s not doing too well. Have you tried to power it off (disconnect power and remove batteries), wait 5 mins and then power it back up? You may want to try that before we get too far off…

And while you’re at it, uncomment lines 105-107 in the SmartApp… should give us something in the Live Logging.

Uncommenting those lines doesn’t yield anything in the live logging either. Just an entry in the STNP. Rebooting didn’t help.

Ok at this point it’s got to be something with your SmartThings Hub… the only other time a user had this much trouble was because they had another SmartApp installed which was wreaking havoc on the system. I’ve sent you an IM to help get to the bottom of this…