[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

Let me start off by saying @redloro is the man! I was having lots of troubles getting this software to work (more on that later) and he was gracious enough to call me and remotely diagnose it. I am extremely grateful. It’s not everyday the developer makes himself available like that. The smartthings community in general is amazing. Everyone is helpful and willing to contribute their work to the public

This is the integration I’ve been dreaming of. I now have the ability to tie my automation system into my security system. I can use the embedded contact sensors in my windows in the rest of my home automation system. I really didn’t want to buy a bunch of bulky expensive z wave contact sensors and stick them on every window and door when I already had sensors wired already. Honeywell’s VAM is also capable of z wave home automation with the security system. However, the VAM is closed sourced, depreciated, and extremely limited in it’s automation abilities. This solution by redloro is far superior. If you’re on the fence about a VAM or integrating your security system into your automation system, follow redloro’s guide, download this integration and buy an envisalink!

I have a few suggestions, first, a notification system. One that sends a push notification to your phone when a zone opens. Smart home monitor does this, but I’ve found it’s not super reliable, and only sends notifications when the system is armed. I would like a notification when a door opens even when my system is disarmed, and the option to get recieve other security based alerts. Next, a delay in SHM. SHM will trigger an alarm in smartthings as soon as a zone opens. Traditionally there is a delay when an entry door is opened. This is a design flaw by Samsung. It is annoying, and renders any automation based off a break-in useless. There could be a way around this by a fix to this smartapp. Also, a keypad in the Honeywell Security page would also be useful. That way I can preform more complex opperations to my panel. That way I can program my panel from my phone without needing to be physically in front of my vista keypads.

Faulty Hub Diagnosis -

As it turned out, I had a faulty v2 hub. My hub failed to run some of the commands in the smartapp, and therefore wouldn’t discover any of my security sensors. I received no error messages, but rather a lack of sensors and any messages in the logs. If you’re having trouble getting this app to run, first check the live logging tab in the IDE for errors. Then after you press done on the app config on your phone you should see /plugins/envisalink/discover in the logs. If you don’t, change line 81 in the SmartApp to read discoverChildDevices() then try again. That eliminates the runIn() command. If you test it again and see the discover command sent in the live logs you most likely have a faulty hub. For some reason the hub fails to execute some commands causing the smartapp not to work.