@natescook1 you said it! This is exactly why I set out to build this… imo all the pre-existing solutions failed in my book for one reason or another and frankly any “innovative” solution I’d come across focused on the DSC and not the Honeywell.
To answer your questions…
- Loss of Envisalink website access or functionality
- No access to Envisalink website is required…
- LAN firewall issues (heard about these on other options)
- Doesn’t go outside your LAN, so unless your firewall is blocking devices on your local network this is not an issue.
- Network security holes (heard about these on other options)
- Doesn’t go outside your LAN, so no security holes required.
- Anything else I am not thinking about
- It’s a pretty simple approach which gets the job done. There’s obviously room to grow, but off the top of my head the only “risk” is storing the arm/disarm code in the config file on the machine running the service… but if someone were to gain access to this machine to read the code, you probably have other issues.