[OBSOLETE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

How long did you keep the batteries out and unplugged before hooking everything back up?

Yes, the app confirmed success after saving the configuration.

Ok, something is wrong then. It only does it once and that’s after i remove the Smart App and then reinstall. After that, no confirmation at all. In trying to add the other devices, I’ve lost “Honeywell Security” again.

I haven’t had much success this time around with the battery pulled hub restarts. Guess I’ll keep trying

Been seeing the error below for two days in SmartThings Node Proxy (SNTP) on a rpi3b+ with latest Raspian, node, etc:

[stnp] Notify error: Error: socket hang up

Is it related to the thread below where they mention a hub firmware update has broken messaging (MQTT on local LAN)?

Might explain a bunch of what people are seeing.

Thread:

Firmware Update with thread with additional info:

In that thread they mention a temporary workaround. Unplugging SmartHome Hub from network for 30 seconds got my push notifications working again. Although there is still a comm error.

There is an easier temp fix apparently, in the Utilities on the IDE choose Disconnect. After the hub reconnects with ST Cloud the port will be active

I tried that, too, it only allows me to discover the honeywell security “thing” on the list…nothing else populates, still…Also continue to get the error messages in STNP.

just about 30 seconds…

The only other thing to try is to temporarily change the IP address of the hub then set it back. That’s what ultimately did it for me.

I have no idea why the only device it will “find” is Honeywell security. Within the logs I can see the panel discovery complete, but all other sensors don’t populate.

I think the problem is here, but I don’t know how to correct it.

This shows in the live log of ST’s IDE (not STNP):

error physicalgraph.exception.InconsistentDataException: DTH version mismatch for id:(redacted) and version:1 @line 188 (doCall)

i think this is referring to line 188 within the Smart App? If so, here’s that line:

addChildDevice(“redloro-smartthings”, "Honeywell Zone "+it.type, deviceId, hostHub.id, [“name”: it.name, label: it.name, completedSetup: true])

I’m not familiar with that error, but it seems to be having trouble using the Zone DTHs to create child devices. I’d try deleting the three zone type DTHs and recreating them from scratch.

I’ll give it a try, thanks.

Wow! That was it! The one thing I didn’t try solved it right away. Thank you!!

OK, I reinstalled this on a pi3, everything seemed like it was working until I installed the SmartApp and once I tried to Save it and discover devices it seemed that Nodeproxy crashed. Here is the log:0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ ‘/usr/bin/node’, ‘/usr/bin/npm’, ‘run’, ‘start’ ]
2 info using npm@6.12.1
3 info using node@v13.1.0
4 verbose run-script [ ‘prestart’, ‘start’, ‘poststart’ ]
5 info lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~prestart: smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0
6 info lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0
7 verbose lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: PATH: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/home/smartthings-nodeproxy/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
9 verbose lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: CWD: /home/smartthings-nodeproxy
10 silly lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: Args: [ ‘-c’, ‘node server.js’ ]
11 silly lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
12 info lifecycle smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0~start: Failed to exec start script
13 verbose stack Error: smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start: node server.js
13 verbose stack Exit status 1
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter. (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:332:16)
13 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:210:5)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:210:5)
13 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1028:16)
13 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:283:5)
14 verbose pkgid smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0
15 verbose cwd /home/smartthings-nodeproxy
16 verbose Linux 4.19.75-v7+
17 verbose argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “run” “start”
18 verbose node v13.1.0
19 verbose npm v6.12.1
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 1
22 error smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start: node server.js
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the smartthings-nodeproxy@1.0.0 start script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Any idea why app isnt working, and crashing system?

** UPDATE ** - this was a PERMISSION ERROR and is now fixed :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve been informed that the Smartthings Classic app is going away, after multiple issues with detecting proximity of our phones with Node Proxy, and I’ve started the migration over to the new app. However, I’m having an issue with the migration, and in particular, I’m not able to select the Hub in the Honeywell Security SmartApp. When I go to save the settings it throws a network or connection error. Any suggestions, or might there be a need to update the Honewell Security groovy for the new app? @redloro I’ll look for you to chime in :wink:

BTW: The workaround for the proximity is to use Life360

Returned home from a week away and now I am not able to arm/disarm the system from SHM. I reset ST and restarted STNP but this did not help. I can arm/disarm from the Honeywell Security app using the Classic app but not from SHM (Classic app), and this is what my Webcore pistons are based on.

Nothing seems wrong in the STNP logs. All the sensors are showing up correctly in the STNP logs without any errors, but the Honeywell sensors are not reporting properly in SHM. When I open a door, SHM does not change. I don’t think it is SHM because other sensors are reporting correctly. I tried to reconfig the security settings in SHM classic app but it did not help.

When I arm from the Honeywell security app it shows up in Live Logging, When I try arming from SHM it does show up in Live Logging as “SHM COMPLETED ARM/STAY CHILDREN” but the system does not arm.

I noticed that while I was gone that ST firmware was upgraded to version 28.11.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Same problem here. As mentioned by rattler98 above, they’re dropping the Smartthings Classic app and I’m wondering if this problem has anything to do with it.

Problem solved…In the V3 app, under Smart Apps, I had inadvertently toggled the switch for Honeywell Security off. I just realized this and toggled the switch back on and lo and behold it worked just like it used to…my fault…:woozy_face:

Anybody else having problems with devices not responding since the firmware update? I’ve rebooted thru ide and and restarted server to no avail

2 ways you can get around this issue but having said that SHM still won’t trigger Arm, Disarm on the new Smarthings App. Classic app is works fine so I am a little baffled.
Option 1:
Toggle the Discover Zones to OFF
Option2:
Remove all devices connected to the Honeywell app. Then you can leave the Toggle on.

To make things even murkier device discovery works fine but in SHM and New SmartThings apps the events never get triggered.

@redloro any thoughts?