[RELEASE] HomeSeer Floodlight Sensor HS-FLS100-G2

There’s a driver for the FLS100-G2 on HomeSeer’s Driver Channel

IMPORTANT:

• The motion related settings get overridden when the physical dial is set to “T” so make sure move it away from that setting when you finish testing. The settings within ST override the dial setting for everything except “T” so it doesn’t matter what you move it to.

• The driver does not support the GEN1 model.

Features

• Switch

• Motion Sensor

• Temperature Sensor

• Illuminance Sensor

• Supports all of the device’s configuration parameters

2 Likes

Very nice! Did you get to attach this to a floodlight and see how responsive it was or how well it performed?

I only had it attached to my testing box, but the bulb attached to it would come on quickly when I’d entered the room.

The only issue I noticed was that when the off time is set to the minimum value of 8 seconds the light turns off as expected, but triggering motion shortly after doesn’t turn on the light back on even though the motion notification gets sent to the hub.

I’m thinking most people would have it set to 30 seconds or more anyways and it’s possible that issue doesn’t exist when it’s mounted outdoors…

2 Likes

Appreciate the insight. Thanks, Kevin.

Was anyone able to switch this device into “Z-wave only” mode? (Setting configuration parameter 5 to “0”.)

In my case, PIR activity always turned on the switch, even in this mode. I would really need to switch the device in this mode for my application. I posted about this here, where I also have some links to other forums that discuss this device, just to connect the dots, in case someone needs more information.

Update: I solved my issue as reported on the linked Home Assistant web page.

Thank you for letting us know you figured it out. I ran into the same problem while writing the handler, but I completely forgot about it.

I’ve added a warning about that to the first post.

@krlaframboise, I loathe asking but do you have an Edge driver in the works for this and the gen1? I don’t yet have a gen2 as I’m waiting until they can run locally before I invest.

Bottom line, I’m happy to test if you want to pm me the invite.

Edit: I do have the CLI installed.

Thanks in advance for all the work your doing!

2 Likes

Last I heard, HomeSeer was focusing on getting their devices certified as WWST which would eliminate the need for a custom driver…

2 Likes

Thank you for that insight and that seems like great news.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything yet. Has anyone else heard of this device getting WWST or edge driver? This is one of the last few things I have on my list to get working on edge.

2 Likes

I’m still looking/waiting too. Bought one last December, in one of my masterpieces of good timing.

1 Like

Supposedly Homeseer is working towards WWST. In the meantime, some wonderful folks are working on a custom driver in this thread.

1 Like

If you’d like to test my driver for the FLS100/G2, PM me.

The official HomeSeer driver for the FLS-100-G2, HSM200, FC200, WD200+, WS200+, and WX300 will be available by the end of the month… (their driver channel, not a built-in WWST driver)

1 Like

Wish I would have known that a couple of weeks ago! Could have saved myself a bunch of time. :slight_smile: I did figure out support for the FLS-100 (non G2), so I guess theres that.

1 Like

@csstup Corey, your work is not in vain! I would love to test your driver. I still have 4 of the original HS-FLS100+ flood sensors and one G2. Feel free to PM me details if you’d like me to test. I’m happy to, especially with news that they might not be building a driver for the non-G2 version. That’s an assumption on my part, so will be interesting to see where it lands.

There’s a driver for the FLS100-G2 on HomeSeer’s Driver Channel

1 Like