[OBSOLETE] HomeSeer Dimmer and Switch (HS-WD100+ / HS-WS100+) Device Handlers

Hey all, I have my next exciting question for this group…

I’ve gotten all my WD100+ Dimmers working excellently, including re-configuring my double-up / double-down button presses to give me the exact preset light levels I want (awesome! Great DH @Darwin!)

Here’s my next question: I’d like to setup my Triple-Tap actions (up/down) to trigger a couple Scenes that I have setup in the SmartThings Classic App. The scenes work great with voice control, but I can’t figure out how to modify the Device Handler to associate Triple Up//Down with “activate scene”.

Anyone have experience with this?

How do you do that? All mine seem stuck at a random 100%/25% for some insane reason.

@xamindar – it requires modifying the code of the Device Handler, specifically, in the case of “doubleTapDownToDim”, I wanted it to do 1% instead of 25%, so I modified this ‘Preferences’ Line …

98 input "doubleTapDownToDim",    "bool", title: "Double-Tap Down sets to 1% level",      defaultValue: false,  displayDuringSetup: true, required: false	

Then, you search the rest of the doc to find other instances of that phrase – “doubleTapDownToDim” – you’ll find it again on line 373, and beneath it, the spot to configure the Level you want it to be set to:

375 result += setLevel(1)       

I’ve been able to make these kind of minimum modifications to the structure that’s already in place (hope this helps!), but I’m stumped on how to configure new/different actions entirely for the Triple-Tap features

Awesome! Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I wonder why it can’t just be a configurable setting in the options?

I just installed my first WD-100+ and I am running to an issue. I have installed the 1.05 device handler and able to assign the dimmer to that device handler manually. However, i can’t seem to get the switch to behave the way the DTH is suppose to tell it to. For instance, i changed the local ramp rate dim level to 90%. i believe this is suppose to chnage the speed of the light dimming up and down, but it is not. It is still slow as default. I also turned on single tap sets to full brightness switch and that does not work either.
I can look at the status on the ST IDE and see under preference of the switch that the settings I selected are there.

Also, when on the device page on ST app, below all the single and double tap icons, there is a config butten in the lower right hand corner. When i press this button, it does not do anything. What is it for?

@superhuynh, I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you. I have the same setup and I just tried the ramp rate change and it worked. Once you make the changes in the ST app (the gear icon) and tap save, then you must click the “configure” button in the bottom right of the device’s control page (like you are referring to). Tapping the configure button sends the configuration you just did to the switch.

Let me know if that works.

That’s what I have been doing. Making the change, pressing Save which brings me to the previous screen, then pressing the config button in the lower right hand corner.

maybe I am not making the right change? What should I set the local ramp rate dim level and local ramp rate duration to if i want instant on to full brightness when i turn on the light?

I also tried “reverse switch”, save, then Config and it doesn’t seem to do anything. I single press down and it doesn’t do anything. Single press up and it turns on like normal. Single press down and now it turns it off like normal, but then turns itself back on. Single press up and it doesn’t do anything. Single press down and it turns off like normal and stays off.

My firmware is 50.4, and my handler is 1.05. Are those the most updated versions?

Do i have a bad switch?

It says I have firmware V5.16…mine will be 2 years old in January, so I don’t know if 5.16 is comparable to 50.4?

I am also having an issue setting the ramp rate resolution using this device handler. However, setting the ramp rate speed does work. I am on firmware version 50.03.

I was able to change the ramp rate resolution using Z-wave Tweaker.

I need to change the ramp rate setting for a lot of lights. Would it be possible to make these settings available in Webcore so I can do this in one shot?

Yes - definitely possible. I’ll put it in the list for future enhancements. I’m also past due in updating the the fingerprints for the W(S/D)100+ handlers for the latest HomeSeer 50.X firmware. I’m hoping to have a some spare time in the next several weeks to look at getting an update out.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for making this device handler for Smart Things! So I have a question. How do I get the lights to turn on and off instantly what settings and ramp rates do I need to use? Right now they go on and off slowly with a single button press.

Thank you,
Jason

In settings on the mobile UI for the switch, using either Local (physical switch button presses) or Remote ramp rate (virtual/programmatic switch commands), or both:

1. Choose a small duration of each ramp rate level (suggest 1) - and/or -
  2. Choose a large dim level % to change for each duration (suggest 99).
  3. Select Save
  4. Select the Configure button

I am also having a problem with adding a WS200+ to my Smartthings. I have both the Samsung Connect and Classic apps. I have the correct Handler code added.
Have a Samsung mesh wifi system that works as a Smartthings hub.
I have reset the switch countless times (3up/3down), but can’t get the classic app to find the switch when I “add a thing”
The mesh hub was ~30’ from the switch, but have plugged it in right next to the switch to eliminate that possibility.

Do I need to uninstall all the various systems and apps, start again from scratch? I’m at a serious loss, about to just return the switch and go with another brand.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Aside from re-setting the device, which you have already tried, other steps I usually try when I have issues adding devices are:

1. Attempt to perform a General Device Exclusion of the device (Z-Wave Utilities)
  2. Scan through the devices on the Devices tab in the IDE to check for unknown device or ‘thing’ that may have been the result of an error when the device was being added. If found you can try removing the device or editing its type to be the correct device type.

So I’ve got some old rooms in my house with only a single copper pair running the whole length putting all my outlets and a single light switch on the same circuit. I wanted to be able to turn off just part of the circuit so I put GE Z-Wave outlets and wired them in parallel with the light switch so that they’d always have power, and I could use the z-wave scene toggle to make the lighting changes happen. The problem is my switches aren’t one hop away from smart-things hub in my mesh network and as such the polling happens real slow (3-5 seconds) triggering the scene but leaving a lot to be desired for a basic switch setup. I then bought a parade of light switches (Jasco, Leviton, etc - trying to setup instant status or break the curse) and hubs (Originally Vera, then Vera Lite, then Smartthings). Finally landing on ZWP WS100 switches with smartthings. I’ve installed the ABC Controller, the firmware on the switches is 5.7, I’ve setup the linked hardware type as the one listed here (WS100 release) and it still sucks.

One of my WS-100 switches kind of works sometimes, still a 3-5 second delay even setting Button 6/7 (up and down single press) as the trigger in ABC Controller, the signal shows quickly in the app but the reaction in the outlet is slow :frowning:

The other switch is configured the same but doesn’t work at all.

It’s amazing to me the amount of technical knowledge and specific understanding of workings I am needing to bring to bear on this SUPER BASIC scenario for home automation. I’m about to call an electrictian to hardwire. Please don’t let me give up so easily (?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening everyone,
Need some help troubleshooting. When I try to interact with my switches from the new SmartThings app all a get is a white screen. all other devices work properly and can be accessed and toggled from within the app. my automation still work as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. im not even sure what to try searching. White screen of death? came up empty. thanks for the help

This is a custom device handler, so it’s likely that it needs updated for the new app. Also, once working in the new app, and the new app stays stable long enough, some of the device handler’s features exposed in the Classic app may not be available in the new app. The only way to confirm that is just to see what it looks like when the handler is updated.

I have been using it successfully in the new app for 3 months now but something must have changed. I will have to go back to the old app and keep checking back in. thanks!

Ok, that’s helpful to know. It’s probably just another new app quirk perhaps. Are you an Android or iOS user? The Android app was just updated on the 15th, but it didn’t help me out in any way.