[OBSOLETE] HomeSeer Dimmer and Switch (HS-WD100+ / HS-WS100+) Device Handlers

The new HS-WD200+ let you have the bottom led on when dimmer is off.

Just thought I’d chime in to say I recently installed the ZWP WS-100 switch and it works great with this WS100+ device handler.

Could you explain to me how to upgrade the WD firmware in place on the ST network? I really want the latest fw but cannot deal with buying all the bs Homeseer is requiring to update.

Do you know if the lowest dim level is better on these than it is on the Homeseer WD?

I only have the switch model, not the dimmer, but I read somewhere that the hardware appears to be pretty much identical so my guess would be that it is the same.

ETA: my switch has firmware v5.17 which is the latest version available for Homeseer so my guess is that the dimmer would also have the latest firmware

I haven’t personally tried the ZWP switches, but one of the vendor photos on the Amazon page for them is actually a photo that I took of the HomeSeer switches. It would appear that the vendor believes they are pretty similar.

I was just shipped some HS-WS200+ switches from Amazon (despite ordering WS100+ switches). Any idea if these will work with the WS100+ device profile, or will they require new profiles? Debating on returning them or not, given HS-100+ stock is looking to be spotty until April according to Homeseer.

There’s a decent chance the WS100+ device handler will work with the WS200+ switch, but I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Even better (optimistically), HomeSeer has created a SmartThings device handler for the WD200+ dimmer based on my code for the WD100+, and digging around, I can see they also have a DH handler for the WS200+ that is worth a try. Since their handlers are based on the previous handler code, existing CoRE, etc rules should work as-is if the devices are swapped in place for WD200+/WS200+. I have one of each switch to evaluate and hopefully I’ll find the time soon to get started.

More discussion on the WD200+ handler:

I have a few of the ZWP Dimmers but when I load this device handler the double/triple/hold buttons don’t populate. I am going to poke around in the device handler and see if I can get it unless someone has already got it working?

if you’re not seeing the buttons show in the mobile app, you may need to manually set these switches to use the WD100+ device handler in the IDE by selecting each device in the My Devices tab and then select edit to change its type to WD100+ Dimmer. Definitely required if you added the device handler after adding the devices to the hub.

I had to refresh the device in the app before the buttons were usable.

Thanks guys I’ll try it

Just want to confirm that I installed a couple HS-WS200+ switches yesterday, and they were picked up by SmartThings as HS-WS100+ switches and seem to be working normally. I’ve not tried playing around with any linked behaviors for these switches yet (and as I don’t really care about the different LED colors, I’ve not played around there either), but I’ll be sure to report back if I run into any issues.

Looking into a WS200+ DTH. I found the WD200+ but not the WS so far. has anyone started working on that DTH yet ?
Thank you.

EDIT: https://homeseer.com/support/HS200-ST/HS-WS200_DeviceHandler.txt
see https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/article/178-smartthings-handler-ws200

Edit 2: post updated. I was looking for the WS… Found it. Thanks.

The WD200+ DH can be found on Github at: https://github.com/DarwinsDen/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/homeseer/wd200-dimmer.src/wd200-dimmer.groovy

More info here and here.

Also, more SmartThings community discussions here.

Thanks. I edited my post. I actually messed up between S and D… My bad.
Anyway between my post and yours we have both DTh for anyone looking for it!

How does yours compare to the official one that homeseer offers?

I updated the WD200+ to correct a bit-wise blink off operator issue, added the option to use LED=0 to control all LED’s simultaneously, and added button number labels to virtual buttons and reduced their size on the mobile UI. The HomeSeer WD200+ link currently just points back to this one.

Oh awesome. I’ll have to switch over to yours. That explains why the ide thinks you have an upgrade to the “homeseer” one.

Have you tried it in the new app? (Previously Samsung Connect)