[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

You are not running the latest plugin… I had to create a new plugin for v2.0
Please see the first post in this topic

Indeed. I ended up noting that in my post prior to your reply, I just wasn’t sure if that was it.

Anyway, I almost wish I would have kept it the way it was; that was 90 minutes of issues (mostly forgetting how homebridge worked, and why/how it was auto-restarting). Ended up nuking all of HB’s caches. I think I’m back up.

Pretty invaluable tool you have here. Thanks for your quick response!

1 Like

@tonesto7 is there anyway to make the communication two way and have the homebridge server visible in SmartThings? Perhaps a command for reboot? Temperature, memory and CPU information?

1 Like

@tonesto7 First, THANK YOU for all the hard work you put into SmartThings. I truly appreciate your contributions to the community.

Would it be possible to add “Smoke Detector” to the list of Capability Filtering?

My z-wave door locks are incorrectly reporting to have Smoke Detectors. I am pretty sure this is a bug with RBoy’s “Universal Z-Wave Lock” device handler that I’m using. It adds a lot of features in ST for my locks that otherwise would not be there. FYI, this is not new behaviour… v1 of the Homebridge ST app also showed the locks have smoke detectors. I figured now would be a good time to ask for this feature since the thread is active :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another thing that worked in v1 but doesn’t appear to be working in v2 is the status change when my MyQ Garage Door closes. When I close the garage door from HomeKit I see the command sent to HomeBridge and the status shows Closing but it never changes to Closed. HomeKit times out and reverts to the garage door being open after a few seconds. SmartThings shows the door as closed. I looked at the HomeBridge logs and see the close command sent to SmartThings, the door closes, but SmartThings doesn’t send the Closed status back to HomeBridge confirming the door closed.

I’m not sure how to assist!

Something is not right in your setup. You are the only one to report this issue out of the thousands of users

Any pointers or places to point me towards how to integrate pubnub with this smartapp? I have virtual switches that I don’t want updating through a smartthings hub. Thanks in advance.

I removed support for pubnub back in version 1 plugin because it was no longer necessary.
I’m not entirely clear on your scenario but you can choose which devices are imported in HomeKit

OK. Thanks. I want a way to update virtual switches without the use of my smartthings hub. I can get the switches to show up in homekit via homebridge, but the status doesn’t update with the hub disabled. Not sure what I’m missing. Is it not possible without the hub?

yes it requires a hub to communicate with homebridge

So I figured out why my locks are reporting the Smoke Detector capability. It’s because of the Device Handler I use that @RBoy created. Depending on the model of door lock, he is using the Smoke Detector capability to expose lock-specific features. I removed the capability in the DTH and that fixed things.

Still trying to figure out the MyQ Garage Door status update issue, but I may just install my Linear / GoControl Z-wave Garage Door Controller instead of relying on the cloud-based MyQ control (LAN > WAN).

1 Like

Hi, is there anyway that Ge Motion Switch 26931 can be supported in Homebridge? They work fine in SmartThings, but are showing up at ‘unsupported’ in the plugin? Is there a way?
Thanks!

I am having an issue with “accessories” on the Homebridge Config UI. All accessories are named Lightbulb. However, on the Home (home kit) app they report as the correct names. Any suggestions?

I can’t get buttons to work on this - have Fibaro fob (have tried others, just using this as its convenient when testing), works fine on ST using button controller for light/off testing. When I put into Apple home (as either child devices, or main one) I can edit the settings for push/held etc - but it doesn’t seem to carry out any actions on Homekit. Is there some setting others have used and had work with Homekit doing the switching rather than ST ?? (Just like the Homekit automation feature, seems easier to use than ST, so just evaluating…)

Rest of Homebridge is great ! Have Evohome working and Dlink cameras, and Ikea blinds and all controlled from the watch as well - awesome.

Just not buttons, which is odd, as they should work… Any clues please ?

Latest versions on everything, of course.

I am unable to add via community installer it just spins on analyzing repos, what did I miss for trying to install this?

as for manual install I don’t have access to the repository to install. Not sure what is wrong with this either?

Any advice?

Do you have a github account? If you do… are you logged into that github account in IDE? If not, community installer will not work.

1 Like

thanks I have github , I just removed it and readded and everything is working!

1 Like

Hi, Totally new here. I am a longtime homebridge user. But used Wink. I was always considering a switch to ST, and of course Wink’s new subscription model pushed me over the edge. I got everything moved over into ST last night (50 or so devices). But I am now trying to get Homebridge set up.

Thank you for creating this plugin and all the server side work to go along with it. I followed the directions, and mostly i think I’m there, EXCEPT, i see no devices in Home. and in the smartapp in the classic app, when i go to configure devices, it doesn’t save my selections. I see all my devices, i select them in to the right groups. I save it, but they don’t save. I go back and it still says 0 items.

I set up and published the smart app in the IDE. But I saw somewhere i need to set up and publish Device handlers also? Is that the issue? And if so, where Would i find them rot configure? Or is there something else I’m missing?

Happy to be part of this new ST community. Lots to learn, hope to get this going! Thanks

Welcome! You do not need to publish device any handlers for Homebridge. Device handlers (DTH) are only needed when you create new devices for Smartthings.

Do you tap Done, Next, Save after you selected your devices in the Homebridge Smartapp (you said you do… just double checking)? I have no idea why it would not save the devices in he app otherwise.

Thanks for he welcome and the assistance.

Yes, I definitely am tapping “Done, Done, Save” (I dont have a Next in my app). I see the device i selected noted in the Define Devices Type list before I save. But then when I go back into the app, the list is empty again. I’m on v 2.3.3 on both the mobile and IDE smart app.

I do notice on the IDE, under the My SmartApps, the Homebridge v2 app is in Black, not green, if that means something is amiss.

Again, I appreciate the help! Wish i can get this working!