[RELEASE] Homebridge SmartThings v2.0

Hi, I’ve just installed Homebridge and the v2.0 SmartApp in Smartthings and all my devices are added to omebridge but their status are not updated unless I reboot the Homebridge. :expressionless:

And further, my Danalock doorlock can be opened and locked by tapping it either in the HomeKit-app on my phone or in the Homebridge web UI but the status is not changed so I have no clue if it’s open or locked. The same goes for my garage door.

Anyone experienced similar issues?

Have you tried rebooting the apple side of things?

Do you have the Homebridge UI? Can you see the events in the live log?

@tonesto7 I know you’re all in on Hubitat now, but would you happen to know what’s causing these errors in Live Logging. Smartapp and Homebridge itself seem to be working fine, but not sure what this is about.

32d973c7-9ce8-44ee-9303-6751a50f39cd 9:27:02 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_25221e55df4fc49bc6be97bd97c50c79f7899a6fc211f57aafc7d3db4bb45d5e.logError() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.json.JsonException) values: [lanEventHandler Exception:, groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

The current character read is ‘<’ with an int value of 60
Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object
line number 1
index number 0

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

^]
Possible solutions: authError() @line 846 (lanEventHandler)

32d973c7-9ce8-44ee-9303-6751a50f39cd 9:27:00 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_25221e55df4fc49bc6be97bd97c50c79f7899a6fc211f57aafc7d3db4bb45d5e.logError() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.json.JsonException) values: [lanEventHandler Exception:, groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object
line number 1
index number 0

^]

32d973c7-9ce8-44ee-9303-6751a50f39cd 9:26:52 PM: debug Homebridge (v2.3.3) | Sending DEVICE Event (VLC PECAN | CONNECTION: disconnected) to Homebridge at (10.0.0.170:8000)

32d973c7-9ce8-44ee-9303-6751a50f39cd 9:26:45 PM: debug Homebridge (v2.3.3) | Sending DEVICE Event (VLC MINTED | CONNECTION: disconnected) to Homebridge at (10.0.0.170:8000)

32d973c7-9ce8-44ee-9303-6751a50f39cd 9:26:00 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_25221e55df4fc49bc6be97bd97c50c79f7899a6fc211f57aafc7d3db4bb45d5e.logError() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.json.JsonException) values: [lanEventHandler Exception:, groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

line number 1
index number 0

^]

Hi there. I’ve got an issue with homebridge-smartthings-tonesto7. Basically, I can’t seem to get the SmartThings classic app, and this app seems to be vital The home bridge smart app isn’t available with the newer app.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

It is available in the new SmartThings app.

Just follow the instructions here (I recommend option 1):

1 Like

The Homebridge V2 app appears for me under “Add SmartApp”:

It’s very solid - I’m running the Raspberry Pi image for the actual bridge.

1 Like

I looked at that. I get all of step 1 done, but then step 2 starts “

I don’t see any of that. I don’t have a Custom section.

Tom

Select “SmartApps” in the phone app menu and then just tap the “+” sign. The scroll down to find the app you are looking for to install.

If it helps, I installed the SmartApp using the IDE (option 2).

Having an issue with the Smartthings Homebridge Plugin and my Konnected Pro alarm panel. I followed the instructions in the previous post about which version to use for the Smartthings Github repository install option 2. I installed version 2.3.8 of the Smartthings plugin in my Homebridge instance. I see my devices in Homebridge but the sensors for my zones do not update in Homebridge. In the Smartthings app on my iPhone, you can see the device statuses change without an issue. I attempted to restart my Homebridge instance, delete all devices and reinstall, and checking all my Samsung IDE Groovy information. Am I missing something? I can provide my config logs if needed.

Did you ever get your issue resolved to expose your Konnected board to Homekit through the Smartthings Homebridge plugin? I got my devices to show up in my Homebridge interface but the status of my sensors does not change in Homebridge, only in the Smartthings app.

@tonesto7
Hello !
Just 2 questions :confused:
1/ does it work with smartthings newapp ?
2/ any chance to bring homekit devices INTO smartthings (like camera streams, etc)

Many thaanks if you can answer even just a few words

Hi there!
(1) Yes, Homebridge works with the new app
(2) Kind of no. (You can use e.g. virtual switches to communicate from the Apple Home to SmartThings but that’s just turning on/off a SmartThings device)

HI…So I have several button devices… when I try to expose any in any combination with any other sensor I get a duplicate sensor error… and if I run Hoobs it gives me a UUID error and it sticks even after I fix it in the smart app. So I had to rebuild my Hoobs.

I can select them in “Other devices” and they show up in HK and the automations test fine but don’t work when the buttons are pushed…

Can I run a another instance of the smart app somehow to get around this? Or some other solution?

I suppose the hardware is fairly irrelevant. I have a VM server, so it would be simple enough to spin up a VM with the Raspberry Pi OS. All the references I have seen refer to Raspberry Pi devices, but I don’t see why that would be a requirement site it doesn’t see to be plugged directly into any devices.

The Homebridge Pi image is for ARM, of course, so you will need that instruction set in your VM. Networking is important, too - you will need the VM to be on the same subnet as your Homebridge devices (or route mDNS) for discovery to work.

1 Like

I am trying to send my scenes as virtual switches to Homebridge/HomeKit but this option seems to have disappeared. In previous page it says that I have 22 to routine devices to modify but the option is grayed out. Any help???

Can anyone help with this? I have a ton of button devices that I want to use in Homekit

Do you want to add virtual buttons or physical button devices.
virtual buttons stopped working for me reliably since the migration to the V3 app.