[OBSOLETE] - Hive (Connect) V3.2c (British Gas Hive)

Thanks @Alyc100 & Co fantastic work! Same as everyone above, my Hive Heating works but the Hive Hot water is still showing as offline.

Thanks for sorting things so quick (only just realised I had an issue!).
A new snag I’ve not had before for everyone’s info: I re-published the smartapp and device handlers and when I reconfigured it all on the app it gave me an error adding my devices and clicking “Done”. But I found it had added some of my TRVs. After another couple of goes it successively added more and more until they were all there. So I reckon that the app has a timeout limit but you can just keep going until it’s sorted.

@Alyc100 thanks so much for this update/fix. I realise it wasn’t all you but none the less my Hive thermostat and TRV’s are all now functioning properly!

Please keep up the good work. I’d be lost without this community.

Hi @bibbleq , before I get start dug into your fork of the handler, would you know why I might be getting this?

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+60000 @line 1293 (getDeviceTRVStatus)

Thanks in advance!

Ah thanks I think I know why and will take a look and update tomorrow.

To get round it temporarily try changing the line to

def CacheExpire = TimeNow

Leave it for 10 mins then put back the original line…

Cheers. I’ve done this for now and seems to be working:

def CacheExpire = []
    if (state.LastTRVCheck == null){
    	CacheExpire = TimeNow + 60000
    } else {
    	CacheExpire = state.LastTRVCheck + 60000
    }

@bibbleq Just wanted to say that I finally replaced my MiHome TRVs with some Hive TRVs last week and installed your Hive TRV device handler for the first time. Fantastic work!

1 Like

UPDATE - Please update the Hive (Connect) smart app to v3.1.1b and Hive Device Handler to v3.2. I have found that maybe due to a Github merge, the deviceId was being written with the device suffix embedded which has caused some inconsistency depending on which version of the smart app you added your devices with. You might have noticed that commands for heating and TRVs are not working.

If you go to Device List in the Smartthings IDE, check your heating and TRV devices. If you see ‘trvcontrol’ or ‘heating’ within the DeviceNetworkID, you will need to EDIT the device network ID within the Smartthings IDE and remove the remove the “heating/“ or “trvcontrol/“ prefixes.

Apologies for the hassle, but adding the device type within the deviceNetworkID is inconsistent with all the other Hive devices.

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

i seem to be unable to get your app to update on my phone. i’ve updated it in the IDE but it still shows 3.1 on the smartthings app

i’ve fully removed and redownloaded it using update from repo and it still shows 3.1 and wont let me authenticate. yet the code on the IDE says 3.1.1b

any advice as i still cant login to get the thermostat on my smartthings hub?

carrying on my ramble… i turned off 2FA and it now works :slight_smile:

My bad. I forgot to update the version text in the code. Should be ok now.

1 Like

Hi Alex, the device handler for the Hive Hot Water is not showing correctly on my Samsung Galaxy S10 any longer. The UI is completely broken so that I cannot read anything on the device page within the new Smartthings app (not Smartthings Classic). The Hive Heating device is working perfectly. Please advise. I can provide a screenshot if needed. Many thanks, Anton

Yep. It’s because the water heater has no concept of a temperature but does have concept of thermostat operating states.

Unfortunately customising the device UI in the new ST app is something I haven’t got round to learning yet as have little free time.

Should still work as before though in terms of state sync and controlling hot water mode in ST.

That makes perfect sense, thank you. And I can confirm that I can still control the hot water device as you were saying (trigger on/off, state, etc).

Thx @Alyc100 for your efforts.
Is there an easier way to change the DeviceNetworkID rather than removing and re-adding the devices? I can edit the DeviceNetworkID in the IDE but im guessing the device will then not be able to connect to the hub?

If you can edit the deviceNetworkID in the IDE then go ahead and remove the “heating/“ or “trvcontrol/“ prefixes. For some reason, I couldn’t so had to remove my devices.

Great thanks. Seems to work now.

Good work and thx for your help

@Alyc100 @bibbleq, do you think it worth adding the TRV device handler to the first post of this page? So it is clear for everyone that TRVs are supported as well. :slight_smile:

So i have problem, when i press “+” on heating temperature on my TRV, it starts to load, and then jumps back to the same temperature or showing “A network or server error occurred. Try again later.”

Has anyone elses Hive thermostat stopped responding ?
My heating isn’t responding to me making changes in the app now,
I have the latest October update to the smartapp and heating device handler but whenever I go to make a change it spins like it’s going to do it but then goes back to what it was.
The temperature readings and history are all correct so it is making some sort of connection.
Oh I’ve deleted the device and re added but no luck.

So I’ve moved house, and brought my Hive hub with me (after having it disconnected from the old place). The Hive is all up and running, but for some reason, the Smart App isn’t letting me login using my Hive credentials. Works fine for the Hive app itself, but nothing on the Smart App. Credentials are all correct (obviously), 2FA is off on the Hive account, but nothing works.

Any advice from @Alyc100 or anyone else?!