[OBSOLETE] - Hive (Connect) V3.2c (British Gas Hive)

Hi Guys
I am getting my hands on a smart things hub in the next couple of weeks and already have Hive and other smart stuff.

I am totally green to this this git hub stuff, is git hub an app i download seperately? Do i download that and then follow the instructions in this post? i know this is probably a laughable question ha

Hi Gerard, github is just an online source code store. You just click on each of the links above, copy the text and paste it into the smartthings config.

For anyone with the “Name cannot be null” error.

I started getting this too. I went into my Hive account and noticed I had removed two devices from my home but not removed it from Hive…and now I couldn’t remove it because the device was offline and greyed out. I talked to Hive over webchat and asked them to remove the two devices, which they did in about 2 mins.

I then removed the Hive connect app from the smartthings phone and then re-added it and all is now working :slight_smile:

1 Like

great, thanks for the response. looking forward to playing around with it when the hub arrives.

Just in case anyone starts to see

“ physicalgraph.exception.StateCharacterLimitExceededException: State cannot be greater than 100000.0 characters”

in their logs in the future, this happened in the poll routine of the trv handler for me in the last two days.

Symptoms were the ‘disappearance’ of values in all the fields in the trv devices in classic app.

Without any real testing conducted, just a little bit of digging I realised that this started when I added a new Philips Hue Bulb and because my Hive and Hue were connected this had pushed up the size of the Hue response which caused the DTH to fail.

I’ve unlinked the Hue and Hive in the Hive App and the problem has gone away.

Is there a way to integrate the alerts from the Hive 360 hub? namely the dog bark, window smashing and fire alarm notifications?

Thanks

Does anyone have an example of a Thermostat mode change via WebCore please? I’m looking to move between Schedule and Manual. Thanks.

This is probably written somewhere, but I’ve just figured it out by changing the mode and looking at the device for changes:

Use ‘thermostat mode’

Set to Heat for Manual
Set to Auto for Schedule
Set to Off for Off

2 Likes

Try having a look at this. It’s fairly complex in this piston but hopefully you’ll get the idea. The change you’re looking for is actually pretty simple.

1 Like

im having trouble setting an automation, when trying to set the heating to a specific temp it says it must be between 4 and 32. So if I try and put 28 in for example I can’t because the first number is (2) is less than 4 and the input doesn’t allow it.

Just ordered a trv noticed the modified hive connect app and the DTH is it working ok now or are people getting dropouts? Read the thread where it’s mentioned but seems to have gone quite on the subject recently…

Hi guys, Have been using the Hive integration for some time, and has just got better with all the new integrations and feature updates… Thank you all

I have found an issue with the ‘Hive Model Automations’, it comes up with ‘Something’s wrong’… ‘We can’t load your screen right now’. Is there anyway this could be looked into (more than happy to help test if needed).

I have also noticed that the boost button, in the thermostats and TRVs can be adjustment (available by pressing the up/ down buttons next to the boost buttons) does not show the arrows and when pressed are not updated, unless you go into change the setting of the device (Cog in the top right corner) and then pressing ‘Save’, which seems to force a update.

Thank you for the help

Hi All,

Having trouble with the login details within the smart app. Have followed all the steps and got both the app and device handler installed.

When launching the app and entering hive Credentials (which i have verified as correct multiple time) i get the follow error message:
Error 401: [:Account Locked]

anyone else observed this? anyone who can help me get to the next step

Thanking you in advance for your help

Hi all,

I’m quite new to hive, but I’m interested in integrating my hive thermostat and bulbs to smart things, but can see there’s no direct integration within the smartthings app.

It looks like there is a workaround but struggling to find the steps in the thread… Would anyone be able to take me through how I set this up, step by step?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Matt

The installation instructions are in the first post - [RELEASE] - Hive (Connect) V3.0 (British Gas Hive) - just below the screenshots. But I noticed it doesn’t specify where to paste the code, you need to do that in the IDE at https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

hope that helps

Hi - I’ve recently added a large number of Hive Tunable Bulbs (GU10) - 30 of them to be precise. Whilst I can successfully add them to Hive (Connect) V3.0 on Smartthings, if I try to control them as a group - say 10 at once in my kitchen - it turns them on/off very slowly with gaps between each one going on/off and it almost always fails to change the state of at least some of them. If I control them as a group via the Hive app then it works fine. Is this behaviour to be expected - i.e. am I just asking too much of the integration with Smartthings or should I be able to see the same performance as via the Hive app?

Many thanks.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that. I’ve located the app hive (connect) app code in GitHub bit I’m struggling to locate the section in smartapps titled ‘create a code’. Here’s what I see in smartapps in smart things

Ah, you ‘add code’ by copying from github and pasting into the smart apps sections in the IDE (that 2nd web link provided) When you log onto the IDE, make sure to go to My Locations first and select your hub. Once you’ve pasted it in, you need to publish ‘for me’ and then it should show up on the phone app

If you’re in the EU, the IDE is located at https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/

1 Like

Been trying to get this to work but it’s not working???