[OBSOLETE] - Hive (Connect) V3.2c (British Gas Hive)

Seems like you may benefit from getting a Smartthings hub then :grinning::+1:

its something i may consider in the new year. promised myself no more gadget spending this year lol

1 Like

I’m still having this weird behaviour where if I click my virtual button that I’ve assigned to boost the heating, nothing happens… until I go into the Hive smartapp, click save. The heating then instantly boosts, like it was stuck until I did that?

Anyone else? I’m on the latest versions of everything.

Hi When i save the smart app i get “name cannot be null”. ive removed all my devices but there are 3x “null” in the devices list in the app. I also cannot remove the app.

I am trying to remove. so i can re-add as there may be a bug in my app, as i cannot add another device. (wghen i add a device to the list in the smartapps, it give me “name cannot be null” and the device appears to be added but does not apear in devices.

my previous post in Nov

===============
Hi I don’t know if a recent Hive hub firmware update has changed something but i can no longer add new hive devices.

Added new device to my hive hub, they work fine.
Go into smartthings hive connect app, they appear under devices, select to add. go to save and get “name cannot be null”. They appear to have been added when you go back into the
connect app devices, but they will not appear in the smartthings app of things.

I have a new rgb bulb (cant get to work), but also have old white tuneable bulb that i had to removed as it was playing up in hive itself. i have re added to hive (working ok) but this wont work any longer in smartthings (this was previously in smartthings and did previously work). I deleted the device in smartthings but it wont re-add even though it is in the hive connect device list.

So in summary one old device and one new device unable to add even though in connect app device list.

===================

Thanks for your help

hi- a year on… did you work out any alexa commands?
thanks

No sorry I gave up don’t really use Alexa with my heating so not too bothered.

So after copying the above into a new device handler, will SmartThings find them directly, or do I have to add them as something else and change them to generic ZigBee items on my IDE?

Am i Missing something…

handler and smartapp is fine

Login via smartapp is fine

I can add zone 1 hot water fine

But i cant add Zone 1 Heating ? Says error saving page

For your information i have a older boiler system so i have the “hot water” version of hive.

New to this, and so far I’ve linked TP Link to the ST with no issues. I’m not trying this and running into one error, that I can’t seem figure out.

8679dd1a-b1c7-449c-b7de-9d1a9fa512df  6:33:01 PM: error Non-200 from device list call. 401 [error:NOT_AUTHORIZED]

8679dd1a-b1c7-449c-b7de-9d1a9fa512df 6:33:01 PM: info Body: [error:NOT_AUTHORIZED]
8679dd1a-b1c7-449c-b7de-9d1a9fa512df 6:33:01 PM: info Status: 401

User name and password have both been confirmed on web browser. The error occurs when signing in, then it allows the sign in, but fails to find any devices. I only have the thermostat, but I went ahead and installed everything anyways. Any ideas?

Hi Alex,

I notice Hive are bringing out TRV’s allowing granular heating by room - do you have any plans to integrate this into your solution please, as it would be great to set the TRV according to occupancy (in SmartThings).

Cheers,
Guy

Hi James,

Did you resolve this ‘name cannot be null’ problem?

I’m having the same problem.

Thanks

Craig

Hey @Alyc100
Great app. Any updates to this app to include the new Hive TRVs?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Any chance of adding a device handler for the view camera, would be great to trigger the hive camera within Smartthings.

https://res.cloudinary.com/hivehome/image/fetch/s--_3x2WYjM--/c_fit,f_auto,h_700,q_auto:best,w_700/https://bucketeer-e9a3f077-0ec6-47cc-a7da-226f8fd8c41c.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/app/image_sources/product/overview/v2/hive-view/card-3-2-8b62063f173ae813141e5b1e4eee4bf72685ebe7dd15b7b171df6938f719442f.jpg%3Fv%3D1

Any updates on adding Radiators values

1 Like

Disclaimer: This is just some basic initial expermientation to add TRV support. I don’t have a ton of time to be looking at this right now & I’m not a programmer BUT I do have something working for the TRVs by hacking around with what is already here.

Ok so this aftenoon I’ve been doing some poking about with the Hive SmartApp & Device handlers and I have been able to get the TRVs to register as a device in SmartThings via the v3 Hive Connect App & have a level of basic controls by modifying the DH for the Hive thermostat.

I’ve been able to:

• Set boost
  • Cancel boost
  • Set schedule
  • Set manual temperature goal when in manual (something weird happening here with lag / display)

Next steps will be:

• strip out the stuff that doesn’t work for TRVs but is relevent to the thermostat
  • battery level (can see it via API requests)
  • check WebCore integration

I’m trying to work out Github so I can post up the modified DH & SmartApps if anyone wants to have a play about with them.

Discovery screen:

Boost started via SmartThings:

Boost showing in Hive app:

1 Like

Looks good. Can’t wait to try it!
Well done!

Thanks for this Ben :smiley:

Are the updates for the rad valves on GitHub? I’d like to try these!

Ok took a bit of time with the bank holiday & bit of a learning curve to understand what is going on but here we go…

My modified version of the Hive (Connect) SmartApp: https://github.com/Bibbleq/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/smartapps/alyc100/hive-connect.src/hive-connect.groovy

And a new DH to add for the TRV device type: https://github.com/Bibbleq/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-TRV.src/hive-TRV.groovy

Copy the smartapp code over the top of your current “Hive (Connect)” one and then make a new DH from RAW code for the TRV bits.

Go nuts, let me know what you find & don’t blame me :slight_smile:

Edit: Think if a TRV is in schedule mode adjusting the set point isn’t working right…

1 Like

Updated TRV to v1.1

Found a value in the API for the TRV’s that shows true/false for “Working”. From testing this seems to toggle to true when the TRV is opening to allow hot water into the radator.
Modified the code so that this value is used as well as the heating setpoint values to hopefully better show when the TRV is “heating” or not.