[OBSOLETE] - Hive (Connect) V3.2c (British Gas Hive)

not sure how it works with 2 devices i only have the one.

I’m stuck on step 1, when I click the link I only see source code. In the smart things app i only see add device not smart apps.

Just want to connect my hive system to my new note 9 (really surprised it seems to need so many steps to do!)

It sounds like you’ve never been to the SmartThings IDE website.
Log into here with your SmartThings details then navigate to Smartapps and create new.
Choose from code and copy and paste the code from the Smartapp link, then publish and save
https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps

Ah cool thank you.
Will sort that out in a bit… not easy to do on a phone (ironically)

Yeah it’s a bit tricky on a phone.
Basically each device you want on your list of things needs a device handler so it knows how to control it.
And then it needs a Smartapp adding as that’s where you add all your hive details etc.
These are already created by the developer and it’s just a case of you copying and pasting his code into the right place.
Knowing that now if you just follow his steps above you should be fine.

Managed to get steps 1 too 7 done but stuck on

1. Add the Hive (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Hive (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.

smartthings is installed by default on my phone (note 9) signed into the same account but I do ot see Hive (connect) app or a marketplace on, only add device

If I go to add devices and click Thermostats i see “danfoss and Honeywell Lyric” but no hive so guessing i have messed it up somewhere lol

So is your Hive app installed ok within SmartThings?
And you have added the device handler for the thermostat?
If so have you entered your credentials in the settings.
If you have done all that it could be the SmartThings app as some people have had issues, go onto the Playstore and download the “SmartThings classic” app and try it on there.

I can’t find how to add the hive app to smartthings. Have created the handlers etc but just no way to add the app into the smartthings interface.

May just wait for Samsung to add official support.

Like I said it’s because you are using the newer SmartThings app it’s not showing the option.
Download the app I said about and set it up in there and once installed you can then use the normal app you use (if you want)

Ah thought I would need to use the other app to control the items. The advantage of the smartthings app over the hive app is it’s right there on my phones display, less clicking about.

Got them all added though i hit a snag, from the old app i can turn on and off my lights and control my heating from the new app the lights say they are disconnected (heating works)

Edging closer to getting it all sorted lol

Your help has been massively appreciated too

So it looks like you probably need to add the device handler for the bulbs as well and then select them in the list.
But saying that I don’t even have my hive bulbs connected to hive at all.
I connected them directly to thevSmartThings hub as it was much easier.

Do I need different handlers for the new app to the old one?

I have 1 colour changeable one (absolutely no idea why I got one lol)
3 dimmable ones

All 4 work in the old app with the handlers in original post. But all 4 say disconnected in the new app.

From what I’ve read that’s a issue with the newer app it’s not fully ready for all the custom devices and that’s why they’re not forcing everyone to use the newer app yet.
If I was you to test it out I would delete one of your dimmable bulbs from hive and add it directly to the SmartThings hub as it should appear and work fine in the new app.
To do that delete it from hive and set SmartThings to detect a new thing, and reset the bulb by turning it on&off 5 times ( may be 6 can’t remember) and it should find I new unknown device.
Save that with a name and then login to the smartthings IDE website and go to devices and find the unknown device and click edit.
Then click on type and select “ZLL White Color Temperature Bulb” and save.
It should work fine then.

I didn’t get a smartthings hub with my phone…unless the phone acts as a hub? (Though then I’ll get issues when I am out lol)
Need to keep it hooked to the hive hub for routines programmed into my echo dot too.

Will just wait for official support, doubt it will be a long wait hive is a very popular brand in the uk

You must have the Smartthings hub though… right ?
Otherwise how have you added the thermostat to it.
You can still include it in echo routines but through Smartthings instead of hive.
Your choice really, I just prefer as much as I can to be on 1 app.

No smartthings hub, only my galaxy note 9 (guessing its functioning as a hub? Had not heard of smart things before I got this)
Yeah I prefer everything in one app, less clicks the better usually.
In My notification bar I get shortcuts to all my hive stuff just on the lights they say connected until you tap them. Then it says the bulb is disconnected (which its not) nicer ui than hive app but then the hive app has the advantage of working lol

Ah right forget all that then.
Your phone doesn’t work as a hub, you need either a compatible Samsung TV or a Smartthings hub? (What I know off anyway)
I’m guessing if that’s the case when you do anything on the Smartthings app with the hive thermostat that it’s not responding? As it needs to connect to a hub.

well as I say the thermostat works via the new app (using the instructions from the original post and after adding it to the old app as you instructed me to do)
on the old app it all works.
No samsung tv or hub at home, just the hive one.

Remember though we authenticate the hive app (on the samsung original app) with the hive account so I am guessing the original developer of this code is using the official API and that uses the web to communicate. why the lights only work in the old app and not the new one though…only the original coder is likely to know that lol.

Fun fact is that I am now at work and via the new app I can see the temperature of my home heating (15.6c ) so thats working even though I am not on my home network, further enforcing my thoughts that its using the web api not direct hub access.

gonna keep an eye on thread and see what happens going forward

Hmm that’s interesting so yeah it mustn’t be using the Smartthings hub then.
But why you even bothering with SmartThings mate if you don’t have a hub ?
The hive app will show all you need won’t it.

Its all about the lesser clicks.

On my note 9 the smartthings app is intergrated into the notification panel, so slide notification panel down and there is my hive stuff…tap thermostat and theres the current temp instantly, tap again and there is the settings after a pause.

on the hive app I have to bring up my apps, find it, click wait for load, then click the thermostat to see the temp and adjust the settings. Its not slow process but its just not as streamlined or as nice as having it intergrated into the phones UI