[DEPRECATED] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)

This is the unofficial Hive by British Gas and SmartThings integration. This enables you to connect various Hive devices (see supported devices section) to SmartThings.

NOTE: This smart app requires the Hive Hub to function.

Original Author - @Alyc100

Noteworthy Contributors
@iBeech - Hive Bulb support / Hive Active Plug support
@Simon_Green - Hive Contact Sensor support

Donations
This integration is provided completely free of charge and is open source. If however you really feel like it, you can make a donation here

Hive Motion Sensors / Hive Contact Window and Door Sensors
For Hive Contact Sensors and Hive Motion Sensors, see this direct Zigbee integration by @Simon_Green . Hive Motion & Contact Sensors .

The contact sensor integration via this smart app is limited to a 10 minute polling frequency.

Latest Versions

Ensure you install the latest versions of both the Smart App and Device Handler

Hive (Connect) Latest Version v2.6 - Updated 03/12/2016 23:40

• Added support for Hive Active Colour Bulb - Author: Tom Beech

Hive Heating Latest Version v2.1.6b - Updated 10/09/2016 16:20

• Added event for maximum temperature threshold breach.

Hive Hot Water Latest Version v2.0c- Updated 10/03/2017 11:30

• (2.0c) Fix to boost mode.

Hive Window or Door Sensor v1.1 - Updated 10/09/2016 21:10

• Added support for temperature - Author: Simon Green

Hive Bulb v1.0.4 (for Hive Dimmable bulb) - Updated 24/11/2016 13:30

• The json I edited was invalid, so dimming functionality was not working.- Author: Tom Beech

Hive Tunable Bulb v1.0.4 (for Hive Cool to Warm White bulb) - Updated 24/11/2016 13:30

• The json I edited was invalid, so dimming functionality was not working. - Author: Tom Beech

Hive Active Colour Light v1.0 (for Hive Colour Changing bulb) - Updated 02/12/2016 10:30

• Initial Version - Author: Tom Beech

Hive Hive Active Plug V1.0 - Updated 26/11/2016 16:00

• Initial Release. - Author: Tom Beech

Screenshots

Supported Devices

The Hive (Connect) app currently supports the following Hive devices:

• Hive Active Heating (all versions)

• Hive Active Hot Water (all versions)

• Hive Window or Door Sensors

• Hive Dimmable Bulb

• Hive Cool to Warm White Bulb

• Hive Colour Changing Bulb

• Hive Active Plug

Installation Guide

WARNING: This is NOT backwards compatible with the older versions of the Smartthings Hive Device Types (version 1). You will have to manually delete them from Smartthings.

To install the Hive (Connect) app:

1. Add the Hive (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

2. Add the Hive Heating V2.0 device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

3. Add the Hive Hot Water V2.0 device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

4. Add the Hive Window or Door Sensor device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

5. Add the Hive Bulb device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

6. Add the Hive Tunable Bulb device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

7. Add the Hive Active Colour Light device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

8. Add the Hive Active Plug device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

9. Add the Hive (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Hive (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.

10. Add your Hive credentials (email and password) and select ‘Done’ on top right of app.

11. You should be able to select your thermostats and hot water devices in the configuration screen.

12. Once you have selected your devices, click Done on the top right.

13. Your selected devices should automatically be configured and appear under ‘Things’ with the label [Thermostat Name] Hive Heating/Hot Water (may require SmartThings app restart).

Github Links

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-heating-v2-0.src/hive-heating-v2-0.groovy

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-hot-water-v2-0.src/hive-hot-water-v2-0.groovy

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-contact-sensor.src/hive-contact-sensor.groovy

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-tunable-light.src/hive-tunable-light.groovy

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive-colour-light.src/hive-colour-light.groovy

https://github.com/alyc100/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/alyc100/hive.activeplug.groovy

6 Likes

I would love to try that; however I am unable to add a new device. I get the following error:

Error : 500: Internal Server Error
URI : /device/save
Reference Id : b37ed5b6-302a-48c9-8037-49b36f51580b
Date : Thu Nov 19 21:07:27 UTC 2015

When do you see that error? Is it after you click the ‘Create’ button?

I think I did it…it works!
I do not understand much about coding but I had to copy the whole code in the device type’s page. At first I left it with the few lines that were created by the IDE from the capability and command selections ( which was obviously the wrong thing to do) .

Ah yes, it’s the Create device type --> From Code option you want.

The code option appears when I create a Smartapp. When I add a device I can’t see that option anywhere?
When I go to the **device types **and choose Hive active heating, then I see the simulator…

Sorry, I was referring to when you add the Hive Heating Device Type Code in the first place, but I think you already have added the Hive Active Heating device type now? Is it all working for you? Can you see Hive heating in the Smartthings app?

If you’re interested, I’ve just updated the code slightly with some cosmetic changes. Just paste over the old device type code, save and publish.

You matched the colours I see in order to look more authentic and moved the buttons…nice.
Are the buttons supposed to work at this stage or are they just for cosmetic reasons?
:smile:

Schedule, Manual and Off do work. When you click them, the bottom left status tile should update. The temperature slider also works.

I also use the smart app Pollster and set that to force a poll on the Hive Heating device every 10 minutes.

I can see the status changing on the bottom left when I use my PC’s web interface to toggle between settings.

Having said that, the slider and the 3 top buttons do not make any changes to the device’s bottom left status?

Wait a few seconds and press the ‘refresh’ button on the bottom right tile to see if the status changes. Also check the Hive app itself to see if the buttons have worked. It might be that the Hive API takes time to update the status. It works on the iOS app for me and there is a 2 second poll delay already built into it.

The slider should just change the small temperate panel to the left of it (that’s the target temperature). The top 3 buttons should have an affect on the bottom left status icon.

It’s like a one way communication; I get the feedback but I can’t send out any commands.
I suppose we’ll figure that out; not a big deal!

Have updated the device to try and fix those issues you might be seeing.

Hi I am trying to add this. I’ve just updated the device type code and tried again but still in the ide it says that the device is inactive. Also it will display the right temperature but will not let me control it. I have not got anything in the network Id. I’m not sure if this important. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

My device status is also inactive so I don’t think that’s a problem. Make sure you’ve added your hive credentials in preferences. Out of interest, do you have Hive 1 or 2? I have Hive 2 and have only tested it on that and my iOS SmartThings app.

My settings are as follows:
Name: hiveheating
Label: Hive Active Heating
Type: Hive Active Heating
Device Network Id: hiveheating
Hub: [Your Hub]

It is a hive 1.
So can you control the temperature from Smartthings or not

The control works on my hive 2 system but unfortunately will be difficult to test against hive 1. Thinking that there maybe something different with Hive 1 to alter controls. I’ll look into it as there in an older API that might be compatible with Hive 1. Will need help in testing though.

Ok happy to help
With testing

I still experience the same 1-way communication issue.

I will wait for some other users to have a try too and see if they are having the same behaviour with the App. If not, there must be something my end that’s causing it.

Are you using Hive 1 or 2?