[OBSOLETE] Heatmiser Neostat Integration

Im pretty sure it will be. Getting the comms working on the Neohub can be a challenge since you need to send the right termination characters to get it to respond, otherwise it does nothing. Doing this through most platforms is quite difficult, hence the development of my ESP integration. Good luck with the Creston-ST link, but Im sure you’ll be fine on the Neostat integration unless you have different subnets (in which case the ESP needs to be on the same network as Neohub and ST (or you need the right forwards).

Hi @cjcharles, firstly, excellent work on this. I just purchased a Heatmiser Neohub/Stat and this looks to be the ideal answer to my automation requirements… far better than the app they provide at any rate.

However, I seem to be hitting a roadblock when generating a new SmartApp from code. When I hit create, I get an error like the following;

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_0c4f0d4d_7e32_4ff9_b5d9_b1cfd6226c5d.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_0c4f0d4d_7e32_4ff9_b5d9_b1cfd6226c5d$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_0c4f0d4d_7e32_4ff9_b5d9_b1cfd6226c5d$_run_closure1@7d70579d] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

The code is a RAW copy from your Github repo so it should all be fine. This occurs on both Neohub and Neostat code.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

They should be device handlers not apps! :slight_smile:

facepalm

… seeks out more coffee…

Thanks!

Hi, @cjcharles I see that getting integration with influxdb was being thought about before, did you ever have time to work on that part. I am currently tracking all my electricity usage to infludb and I would love to be able to correlate heating calls, and temperature from which room with that.
Cheers
Ger

Yes, if you connect InfluxDB to the thermostat device handlers you can pull out the set temperature, current temperature and call for heat. Its a bit awkward getting the call for heat working since it is a text field, but InfluxDB was pretty good at processing it.
I cant find a screenshot of it as Im currently rebuilding the Raspi to do some new things, but this was an early graph that I pulled off it.

Hi cjcharles,
I have been setting up as per your instructions, but I a stuck on step 10 (Inside the Hub device you can now press Refresh IPs button and you should see the IP address boxes all populate. Now you can press Configure and this will send all information to the NodeMCU so the NodeMCU should now start working.)

I dont know where this is, can you help at all, im so close, but just cant work out where Inside Hub is?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Will

I think this is talking about the smartthings app. You should see the ‘Neostat Bridge’ as a device from within your app.

Ahhh thank you, hehehe.

In the App it shows Bridge as Checking Status only…

Any ideas?

Can you see the Bridge in the devices tab at the bottom?

Hi, Yes but says the same. If I go to the IP of the Bridge in browser I see the MAC and some data etc, so it is online to the Router.

I’m out of my depth here to be honest. I’m one step ahead of you, i can access the screen and set the IP’s but i cant get it to generate the child devices. I can ‘set all thermostats away’ but that’s about it.

Ahh you did well, I cant get to the point to put the IP’s in etc.

Have you added both device handlers to SmartThings? If you can’t add children then either an ip address is wrong, or you haven’t got the thermostat device handler installed (you need both).

As for adding the ip address, just open the bridge device in your device list, then look for a settings cog and you should be able to choose the ip addresses there.

Hi Charles,

I have installed both Device Handlers, saved and published.

I have checked my router for the IP of the ST hub and Neohub and verified this by logging into the NodeMCU. I have set fixed IP’s and you can see from my phone screen shot above they all match.
STIP

The three must be talking because I can set all my thermostats away from within the ST app which would suggest the IP’s are correct. I agree that it must be down to the Neo Thermostat Device Handler. I checked my code is 662 lines just in case I missed some while cutting and pasting… I take it I only need to install the handler. I dont need to do anything else with it?

For context I have a V2 (2015) hub. Would it have anything to do with the update that came out Monday.

Just a thought. The ST hub is connected to my router by an ethernet cable. The NodeMCU is connected by wifi to a Netgear extender in my office which is also connected by ethernet to my router. Probably nothing to do with it because they are talking.

From your web dashboard where you installed the device handlers, please can you go to live logging. Once that page is open please try clicking the create children button on your phone. That should tell us what error is happening now. I expect ST have changed something in their code, which is stopping things playing nicely…

logged in to the dashboard, clicked ‘live logging’ and got this:

Pressed buttons and nothing changed. Started to read another discussion on why live logging might not be working and wished I hadn’t. Tried it over a mobile network (in case its a firewall issue) to no avail. Seems as though the advice is to wait and see if it starts to work or wipe everything and start again with a new account which seems a little drastic.

Sorry to be a pain but do you have any idea why my Bridge says this when I try to connect to it?

I take it back, got it working :slight_smile:

I was using the Samsung App, used the Classic app it it works, and found my Stat, so now I have a thermostat shown, but it shows ??? for temperature, so not quite there yet.

I see this error in live logging.

Sorry, All fixed, thanks, space in the name caused the issue :slight_smile: