[OBSOLETE] Heatmiser Neostat Integration

Hi Chris

Do you still sell the preprogrammed NodeMCU board? If so how much is it?

Also I’m about to purchase the heat user WIFI neostats and hub. I think the stats are a 230v connection and are wireless to talk to the hub. They use mesh networking to use each stat as a repeater. Does your system work with this?

Rodney

This integration works with all neostat thermostats that can talk to a neohub (which should be all of them). They don’t work with WiFi though, they use their own modified version of ZigBee, and the neohub needs an Ethernet cable, unless latest version is WiFi.

Yup I still sell them and link is in the first post, along with the instructions. Hopefully all makes sense when you have a read.

Thanks Chris. Okay so…

Neostat is 230v powered connection

Neostat communicates wirelessly with the NeoHub

NeoHub is connected to the network via cat6

NodeMCU connects to the network wirelessly

NodeMCU talks to Neostats via NeoHub and sends/receives commands to Smart Things

??

@Rodney_Hassard Spot on, exactly that! A bit convoluted but seems too work well, and far easier to use than the Heatmiser app.

Just wanted to clarify as Heatmiser used to sell a thermostat that was WiFi connected directly and was not a neostat, hence didn’t work with this integration. Though they possibly don’t sell this any more

Thanks Chris. Next I need to determine whether smart things is the right hub for me. As I understand it, it doesn’t support too many devices if the internet is down.

Cheers!

Nope, with no internet Smartthings is a bit weak, but everything still works manually of course. And I can’t remember the last time the internet went down for more than 5 minutes (touch wood). The apps do work well though compared to most platforms. Good luck deciding!

Thanks, no I had two homebridge set ups running and wondered if yours was one of these. Thanks for the info

Hi I’ve received my MCU and set it up fine all working :grin: loving it.
Im now trying to intergrate it into webcore i can get the thermostat to set the temp :+1: but can’t work out how to set the thermostat to hold? Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

That’s a good question, it’s not setup very well for that kind of configuration. What exactly are you trying to do and I’ll add something to make it easier?

Something like boost thermostat to 21 for 1 hour?

Thats pretty much it, i have a dehumidifier that when i switch it on i would like it to trigger a thermostat to turn on and heat for 2 hours.

I can get the dehumidifier to boost the temp but its then subject to the thermostat schedule so it might boost it for 5mins or 8 hours depending on when i trigger it.

@Gary80 Ive finally had a bit of time to add this to the device handler - you can find the update on Github. I havent tested it massively as its too hot to turn on the heating but it seems to work fine from what I can tell.

It contains three new commands as follows:

• boostOneHour - This will boost the temperature by 2 degrees for 1 hour (2 degrees should ensure that the thermostat properly turns on the heating)
  • boostHours - This will boost the temperature by 2 degrees for a chosen number of hours. You should add an integer parameter to this function and this will be the number of hours to boost for (whole numbers needed)
  • boostTempHours - This will boost the setpoint to a chosen temperature for a chosen number of hours. You will need to add two integer parameters to this function, the first is the temperature and the second is the number of hours. If you called boostTempHours(22,2) it would boost the temperature to 22 degrees for 2 hours.

Hope that helps!

thank you i will look at this tonight when i get in and let you know how i get on :+1:

works perfectly thank you

1 Like

Hi

I updated the device handler. Do I need to re-add the thermostats or will they update to the handler automatically

Thanks

No need to recreate the children devices, thats only needed if the child DeviceIDs change.

OK thanks

And going back to my previous issues I still have over half of the thermostats not recording temperature.

I have renamed without spaces on an individual basis in the heatmiser app, then updated IP’s and created thermostats to no avail.

Any ideas please?

What errors do you see in live logging? I expect the child devices didn’t get removed completely, if the problem only happens on some devices with others working.

I ran live logging see below for Thermostat Steves Lounge

The current character read is ‘r’ with an int value of 114
expecting ‘}’ or ‘,’ but got current char ‘r’ with an int value of 114
line number 2
index number 36
“relaydevice”: “neostatSteves-Lounge”,
.^ @line 384 (parse)

1b159c36-b634-4b78-b6de-4bc2a46f158d 13:32:37: debug uri /neorelay?device=neostatSteves-Lounge&command={“INFO”:“Steves Lounge”}

1b159c36-b634-4b78-b6de-4bc2a46f158d 13:32:18: error groovy.json.JsonException: expecting current character to be ‘t’ with an int value of 116

This is similar for all that are not showing a temperature

Thanks

Strange that some devices are working at all, but I think this error is the new Heatmiser firmware. Can you do an update using the firmware on my GitHub and the /update page on the NodeMCU IP address, that should get it talking to Heatmiser again

Just to clarify - Update the firmware on the NCMU

And update the NCMU IP address?