[RELEASE] Heatmiser Neostat Integration

I dont know what webpage you are on, but it doesnt look like that page is linked to your account/hub? I assume if you go to the ‘Hubs’ page it is blank? Since you should see this:

Did you definitely go to account.smartthings.com when setting up the device handler and devices? Or did you use a different address? Perhaps when you created the device, you didnt choose a hub?

Hi Chris, emailed today and you recommended here! Just purchased the device and have followed instruction but am stuck! It is connected to my Wi-fi but when I go to SmartThings and my device handlers I cannot see a bridge or thermostat, where should I be looking, I have the options from template, from code or from example, am I in the right place?

Hi Chris, emailed today and you recommended here! Just purchased the device and have followed instruction but am stuck! It is connected to my Wi-fi but when I go to SmartThings and my device handlers I cannot see a bridge or thermostat, where should I be looking, I have the options from template, from code or from example, am I in the right place?

Yup, thats the right place, you are on step 4 of the Github instructions, so paste as code when adding the device handlers. https://github.com/cjcharles0/SmartThings/tree/master/HeatmiserNeoThermostat

Hi Chris,

Got it now, I didn’t realise that I had to copy the code from the links above! I have now progressed to the next issue! I have created the hub and configured it with the Ip address of the router and the NodeMCU, and then is says Refresh IPs – I don’t see that anywhere and I don’t see where or how to Create Thermostat devices?

Regards
Steve

Are you using the classic app or the new one? The classic app is needed to see all buttons, did you do all of step 6?

Hi Chris,

Figu

Hi Chris figures this and have now created thermostats, however whe I view them in the new app I QC not see any temperatures or make any changes, does this only work in classic? I haven’t tried to see anything I t he classic app yet.

Looked i classic an the same, nothing showing

@Proudmas
Did you remove spaces from your thermostat names like it said in the instructions? I think that is the main cause of that problem…

I think so, I used underscores?

It does not seem to pick up Heating but does pick up other stats?

Just in case you are somehow running an old version of the firmware (perhaps I had an old software version in the box) can you update to the latest firmware here and then visit the NodeMCU webpage and click on the update firmware link.

Before trying to collect any further information I think we should start with the above, as Heatmiser have changed their firmware a few times, and have several different versions for different manufacturers.

Ok, I will do on Sunday as I am away for a few days now, thanks.

Should only take 30 seconds (download file and go to the IP_ADDRESS/update page), but could also send the contents of Neohub Relay Status (IP_ADDRESS/checkrelay)

Hi Chales for some reason I have lost access to the NodeMcu and cannot seem to find it on my network, i have looked at all active connections but none seem to be it. Is there any way I can reset it and reconnect and pair to wifi?

Hi Charles, i worked it out - press and hold the left button! I flashed it and then went in and changed the ip addresses etc and it all works! I can now see all of them in Smartthings and can adjust the temperature! Great - many thanks!

Hi Chris,

Just setting up the NodeMCU you sent me and I have followed all the detailed instructions and everything has checked out okay until I get to the last two main steps:-

7.Save settings on this device, and now press Refresh IPs button - you should see the IP address boxes all populate. Now you can press Configure and this will send all information to the NodeMCU so the NodeMCU should now start working.
8.Finally you can now press Create Thermostat devices and it will create the required thermostats for each Neostat, using the naming rules from step 6.

I can press save and that’s all fine (only works on Classic app this bit!) but all of the screen options are greyed out so the IP addresses are already populated so the Refresh IPs doesn’t really appear to do anything. The Configure button and Crete thermostat are also greyed so I cannot complete.

Could you help me out here please. I have checked that the hub and the bridge are all connected and allocated the correct IPs.

I don’t think they are greeted or, they are likely still doing things in the background (maybe I can make it clearer when buttons are pressed).

To debug I suggest looking at live logging in the ST IDE when you press configure and see what messages appear. Can you paste that information/logs in here with the ‘pre formatted text’/‘code’ formatting (on option like bold/italic in the formatting of each new post on the forum) so it’s easy to read.

Lastly if you go to http://192.168.1.130/neorelay?command={“INFO”:1} what do you see