[RELEASE] HeatIt Z-Water Device Handler (Official)

Contact Heatit for integration with SmartThings

Introducing the Heatit Z-Water relays with temperature sensors device handler (DTH)

RBoy Apps is the official SmartThings partner for Heatit products

Heatit Z-Water is a DIN-rail regulator for controlling hydronic heating. Heatit Z-Water is a module that clips right onto a DIN rail to add a variety of functions to your wireless Z-Wave network. It has support for different Z-Wave frequencies/countries including EU/US/US2/RU/BR/IND

Heatit Z-Water is equipped with 10 relay outputs and it has 4 analog/digital inputs. The module can be power supplied from a 230V AC mains connection, and is able to deliver an output supply of 24V DC or 230V. Heatit Z-Water relay outputs are able to be freely controlled from the Z-Wave network, and can be used for several purposes, e.g. on/off control of light, control of valve actuators for an underfloor heating system, or control of other home automation systems.

Heatit Z-Water analog/digital inputs (different firmware versions) can be configured to work with different functionality and can be connected to potential free contacts, open-collector outputs, and will be able to control other Z-Wave devices; switches, dimmers, etc.

WHERE TO BUY THE DEVICE

The thermostat can be purchased from Heatit and Thermo Floor.

Device Handler Screenshots

Classic App

Key Features of the DTH

• Control 10 output relays independently
  • Master switch to turn on/off all relays
  • Report 4 temperature sensors
  • Separate device for each sensor, relay and master switch
  • Toggle LED and adjust brightness
  • Configure temperature sensor offset
  • Configure temperature sensor reporting frequency
  • Support for C and F temperature scales
  • Support for new ST app and automation tool

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Device handler installation instructions can be found here. Once the device handler is installed, pair the device with the hub:

PAIRING INSTRUCTIONS

• Make sure the device is within 5ft of the hub and sometimes rebooting the hub helps before pairing and keep the ST mobile app open
  • Press the Inclusion button and the Status LED should start flashing
  • When it pairs successfully the Status LED should stop flashing and within 30 seconds the device should show up on the ST app. If it doesn’t show up, reset the thermostat, reboot the hub, bring the device closer and try again

EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS

• Make sure the device is within 5ft of the hub and sometimes rebooting the hub helps before pairing and keep the ST mobile app open
  • Press the Inclusion button and the Status LED should start flashing
  • When it excludes successfully the Status LED should continue flashing. If it doesn’t exclude, try to reset the device.

FACTORY RESET

• Keep the Inclusion button pressed for about 10 seconds

You can also check out the following climate and temperature management apps which can work with z-water

Check out these other SmartApps

[RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

[RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Actions

This Device type handler is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below for the latest features and to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. RBOY APPS SmartThings - Make your Home your Butler

(c) RBoy Apps

2 Likes

< reserved for future updates >

hello

Do I need to setup on/off automation for all the relays individually? like this one

i will have ~13 Thermal actuators installed for 8 different controllable areas which could have different temperatures and be controlled independently.

Could you advise how to setup this using ST and RBoy smartapps (which one suits me better)?

Thanks.

Yes that’s the general idea, if all your actuators are working together on the same thermostat then you can add them all to the same Automation rule (add multiple relays to Then part) and you can be done with a two Automation rules (On when Heating and Off when Idle).

However if you have separate Thermostats connected with different relays, then you’ll have to create a separate pair of rules (Heating + Idle) for each thermostat.

Heatit Z-Water Multi Relay Device Handler - v02.00.00

• Update user interface and capabilities for new ST app

NOTE : The UI cache will need to be cleared for the changes to show up. Change the device handler to a Z-Wave Device and then back to this custom device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If nothing else works, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler and reinstall it if the UI does not update after 24 hours.

what does this “dimmer” functionality do? @RBoy mine shows 50% and what happens if I change it to 100 or 1?
thanks

Dimmer controls the LED brightness on the Z-Water. Keep in mind the devices has a delayed response to change the led brightness.

I have another issue with Z-water

Every few weeks it stops working - no relays can be controlled.
In IDE it shows that connected with all the sensors and etc. but does not turn on/off relays anymore. Offset for temperature sensors (which are not used) can be adjusted.

Tried multiple reboots of z-water and ST, z-wave network repair, turning off other z-wave devices and so on but no success.
DH version is 02.00.01 and ST hub version is 000.035.00004 - both latest available.

Only one way is to reset and to pair to ST again. Recreating automations and heating schedules once again. :frowning:

Any ideas?

Hi

I have the same problem, after a while the relays stop responding. I use the same version DH and ST hub

Mhp

1 Like

How often does your Z-water go rogue?
Does it happen after some power off?

Any other issues with z-water?

f.e. if z-water goes off it turns off all the relays, but when it is back on it does return to previous state but keeps them off. That issue was reported to Heatit by other people and they admit that would be fixed in new version. That I was told by local smart home dealer.

p.s. I am so glad that you have written that you have similar issue. thanks!

@RBoy @maddie what could you suggest? Is it some kind of software (handler) related or fixable issue or it major z-wave issue that stops z-water from corresponding to hub correctly?

are there any specific configuration in your dhl that configures a way how z-water connects to ST? Maybe to use non secure connection?

Thanks.

I have the same issue, it goes rogue after a while. It happened some time ago, and I will give it a new try now.
@RBoy Can you look into if its a similar issue to the trm2fx?

Today it went rogue again. Without any obvious reason. Maybe it is because yesterday ST received firmware updates and rebooted? IDK :frowning: clearly Heatit Z-water is not an option to control heating with ST.

Other people who are using Z-water with HA or Fibaro HC have no such issue what points to software problems.

Hello guys, I have another problem. I paired Z-Water with Smarthings, but I see only one device, not 10. I can turn it on and off, I hear the click sound in Z-Water, but nothing happens. I need your help please :pray: