Heatit Thermostat (Z Wave with Under Floor Heating)

Hi Adam,
I’m looking at using the heat point and eco heat point, then swap between the two modes when I’m in or out.
Going to try and do all of this using webCoRE.
The problem I have is that when I try to set the eco heat point, the desired temperature box doesn’t appear. I have tried to add an integer parameter to see if that works with no luck. Any ideas?

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and I just purchased my first Z Wave thermostats; the Multireg/Heatit. I installed it successfully, but I would like to monitor the power consumption of my floor heating mats. Does anyone know if this is possible? They turn on and off based on the floor sensor and should be fairly simple math when you add the Watt each circuit uses? Any advices are much appreciated.

Looks like a v2 is in the works with native power monitoring (http://www.heatit.com/heating-control/floor-heating-thermostats/heatit-z-therm2/). Otherwise you’d need to use something to seperatly monitor the house power usage and map it against the thermostat status…?

Thanks, I already purchased 6 of these thermostats and don’t have money to change all now :wink: And not very environment friendly. There must be an easy way to make a code that tells me for how long the cables have been on per day and give me a kwH reading since the cables are either on or off.

Are the thermostats not on their own breaker circuit from the fuse box? If so, you could put an energy monitor on the wire from there? Something like this

That’s not a bad suggestion, but only 2 of my 6 have their own circuit. They are though the most high power demanding of 3400W. The rest are only drawing very limited W (150-300W).

Is there any way you can get hold of the inidividual wires that supply them then?
There are quite a few energy monitoring relays around.
From memory fibaro do one, aeon (aeotec) do one etc etc.
You could install one per Thermostat near your fuse board - or alternatively install one per output on the thermostat and squeeze it behind the themostat in the wall if possible?
That would give you the most accurate measurement.

There may be some other approximate ways of doing it. Possibly using webCoRE to do some timing when the switch is on and add it all up in a spreadsheet of some sort. I know there is a google sheet integration available for ST.

Never used one, but came across this today; Can you maybe put one of these inline? (they look tiny) https://aeotec.com/z-wave-outlet-socket

Edit: The link above is to the whole switch range - they do a version with energy metering with a claimed +/-3W and they support 10A loads.

Hi.
The new version (v2) is out on the market and i’ve installed two of them.
I tried using this DH to no avail.
Is anyone up for modifying this so that it works with v2?

Installation manual (v2)

See picture below for specs after adding it to my hub:

Any takers?

I am working on one.
I haven’t done this in SmartThings before, but I do feel up to the task.
If anyone would like to colaborate it would be fine. I have taken the DH for the “old” one and modified.
The only thing I am struggeling with is the temperature sensor readings.

1 Like

I have also been looking in to this, but I’m also stuggeling with the temperature readings from the endpoints.
I’ll let you know if I have any progress.

Also, I would like to make it work better with the Power regulator mode. So that you can ajust the P option when in p mode, the same way you ajust temp.

Now I get the temp readings, but cant differentiate between them…

Hei Magnus .
I’m getting the v2 soon and I’m starting to look into modifying this DH for it as well. Maybe we can cooperate?
I’m a programmer of sorts, but I haven’t fiddled much with DH’s in groovy before.

Shure. I have working code. It is not as tidy as I like, but I am planning to tidy things up in the comming week. The problem I am having is that the 3 different temperatures (floor, air and external) all reports back using physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv5.SensorMultilevelReport, wher the is no endpoint reported. I hav tried to get it to report using physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap, but without luck.

I have stolen code from fibaro and the original (of this thread) DH.

I will post the code as soon as it is up to my tidyness standard.

Hi
You can download the DH on github. Search for magnusstam/SmartThings

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve been using this custom DTH for quite a while and now want to get round fixing the errors I get when using Alexa (through the official SmartThings - Alexa integration) to control these thermostats.

If I say “Alexa, set the Conservatory Thermostat to heat” I get “hmmmm… I’m having trouble reaching SmartThings”, but inevitably the thermostat comes on - this appears in the live logging:

18:13:32: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method leftShift() on null object @line 1136 (setThermostatMode)

When I say “Alexa, set the Conservatory Thermostat to off” I get “Conservatory Thermostat doesn’t support that”.

I’m running FW 1.8 which I believe is a lot newer than this original DTH was coded for, therefore I didn’t know if anyone had a more recent DTH please, as this could be the issue?

Anyone tried the new firmware for v1?

https://www.heatit.com/heating-control/floor-heating-thermostats/heatit-z-wave-thermostat/

Ordered an update cable (OMG how expensive is that?!) and will let you know if it makes any significant changes.

1 Like

Great! Let us know how it goes

Sorry everyone on this thread - I’ve let it slide for a while. The issue is that updating the controller requires that expensive cable - and for me my set up is working very well (other than the crazy inaccurate readings I get from the internal thermometer).

However, I am aware that newer Firmwares don’t actually use that internal thermometer, and that there are new variants of the device on the market.

Realistically this device handler needs to be updated to better adapt to whichever Firmware and hardware is actually in use by the controller in question.

Unfortunately, I am not the man for the job as I have no experience with these newer firmwares and hardware - So I’d be happy for someone to fork the code and take over making improvements.