Heatit Thermostat (Z Wave with Under Floor Heating)

ok thanks for the speedy answer, Adam!
That’s a shame as would have liked to monitor both at the same time but good news that two different temperatures are being measured; I do see that the reported temperature change when switching between “A” (or “AF”) mode and “F” mode so that confirms your explanation.
Would it be possible (physically, I mean) to get both temperatures reported if the DH was rewritten or is there some inherent limitation somewhere that only allows one channel to come through?

No it is not possible. The Device only sends back temperature data for the currently used sensor. It is not possible to get back or request the other data as far as I am aware.

does this device handle local timing? or is it just temp control on and off local all timing has to be via a controller?

I want it more for reporting and override than handed off control.

All control has to be done by the controller (Smartthings)… But that is way better!

until ST fails due to an update! or Core does not fire. But yeah

Hey,

I cant find the thermostat to pair it.
Any tips?

I use 9.2 device handler

It can be fiddly sometimes but stick to the the instructions from the manufacturer and of course put Smartthings into inclusion mode as well!

I had one issue once that was resolved by moving the Smartthings box close to the thermostat for the inclusion process. Then once it successfully paired I put the ST box back and ran a Z-Wave repair. Been working fine since. If your thermostat is located a long way from the ST box then ensure that you have a solid Z-Wave mesh otherwise it wont work well

AdamV you are a fuc… genius… Thank you sow much for this… :grinning::sunglasses:

Hey,

here in Norway the Heatit thermostat is called Multireg.
i would asume its the same device?!

Does anyone know if i can use the same DH thats made for “Heatit” or does it need adjustments?

heres the link to Multireg.

The documentation for this device is identical to Heatit… (see here and here vs here and here) so much so that I’m fairly certain its a rebrand of the same product.

Of course the only way to know for sure is to try it - but I think you’d have a very high chance of success here - good luck!

Worked lika a charm!

Multireg and Heatit are the same thermostat, manufactured by ThermoFloor. Multireg is ThermoFloor’s trademark.
Only difference is the guarantee time. Multireg has 5 years warranty (in Norway) and Heatit has two years warranty.
The latest firmware version is 1.8. The display of internal air temperature was removed in firmware version 1.7 or 1.8 because it was too unstable. The thermostat generated too much heat.
But one can fix this easily with an external temperature gauge and set the sensor in the menu to the A2 and A2F( if you have an additional floor sensor). Then the air temperature will appear on the display.

This is how I modified my 10 Heatit thermostats:

You will need this:
10k ohm temperature sensor probe (cheap)

1. Cut the wire to an appropiate lenght
  2. Cut some holes in the frame
  3. Attach wires to thermostat
  4. Mount Thermostat
  5. Set sensor to A2 or A2F.
  6. Use a temperature gauge that you trust to calibrate the A2 sensor temperature. ( Menu item CAE)

The correct air temperature will show in the display and in any home automation systems.

See the pictures to get an overview.

Hi Adam! Nice work with this device handler.

I use it on a multireg. As that is what we can buy in Norway. I looked long for device handler for multireg until i found yours for heatit.

Would you mind me translating menus and stuff to norwegian and renaming it for multireg so that norwegians find it?

I’m pretty new to all this smartthings and don’t know the rules for using and changing other peoples device handlers, that’s why i’m asking, and will listen to your answer :slight_smile:

It works! Woohoo! Thank you!
I’m a noobie. This is my very first device handler experience.

Hi,

I’m having a problem in that when I click the configure button the temperature on the thermostat changes from the set temperature to minus 19 and I can’t change it without resetting the device. I think I need to change the power setting which defaults to 20% because the floor is no longer getting warm enough even though the floor temp is changed to 30°C.
Does anyone know why it’s changing to minus 19 or how to resolve this issue?

I’m seeing the same behaviour. Was there a solution to this?

I have an issue that other people seems to have been seeing earlier.

For me, in the ST app it never shows the current floor temperature (yes, it is set to floor mode).

I only ever shows the temperature I have set it to. These two screenshots were taking less than a minute apart after i changes the set temperature.

I want to be able to see the floor temperature regardless of what i set the heat temperature too, otherwise how else do i know if i need to turn in on or build any kind of automation?

IMG_6207

Unfortunately Neil it seems that this is a device issue that effects newer versions of the device. Unless anyone knows better, it looks like this was a deliberate design choice made by Heatit - I would suggest that you contact them and put pressure on them to update the firmware so it does not behave like this.

Thanks Adam

Do you know which version firmware behaves as I want it to?

Hi,

My Heatit thermostat seems to be working fine with Adam’s program. I bought a cheap external temperature probe so that I could improve the temperature reading and get round the display problems. But I am puzzled about the power rating option for the A2 mode. With my old thermostat as far as I know my underfloor heating was either on (100% power) or off. What does the 20% power rating setting do and should I choose 100% to get maximum heat? I program the thermostat to make maximum use of the cheap night time electricity in France. I also have found that the floor has not yet got really warm but this might be due to the shorter on time.

What power rating should I use?