[Deprecated] Google Assistant Relay V2.0 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Those are the old v1 endpoints :slight_smile:

Have a look at the GitHub page, it’s a post request to /assistant now with a JSON encoded body

Dammit… thank you

Is there a trick to getting it to play some audio? I’m trying to build a webcore alarm

root@app01:~/assistant-relay# curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST http://10.0.1.101:3000/assistant -d '{"command":"Play 92.7 WHVE for 2 minutes on Homegroup", "user":"colby", "converse":"true"}'
{"audio":"http://10.0.1.101:3000/audio?v=91","success":true}root@app01:~/assistant-relay#

Received command Play 92.7 WHVE for 2 minutes on Homegroup

User specified was colby

Conversation Complete

Install git

It appears to be enough to disable ipv6 on the host you run Google Assistant Relay on. I.e. the raspberry pi or whatever. Got mine to work just by doing that and restarting the relay.

OK

Any commands to auto start after a reboot?

Thanks in advance.

Easiest thing is to add the command to start the script to the rc.local file. This will launch every time.

Total RPi Dev newb question…

I’ve not even tried to install it yet but will do soon… but I’m wondering…

if I go ahead and install it in a headless setup via putty… will it stay running after I log out? how can I make it start immediately in the event of a power failure or something?

Thanks!

I just wanted to let you know, this is a pretty cool add-on!

I just did a two way conversation with Google by IFTTT

Question to my Google Home “What’s the indoor humidity?”
Answer 1 from Google Home in IFTTT: “Just a sec, I am checking that for you”

5 Sec delay
webCoRE answers back through this engine: “The relative humidity in the home is ## percent”

As far as I know, Google doesn’t connect to sensors. So that is pretty fantastic.

Wish there was a way to get it to JUST ONE Home not all. It is my understanding they broke this and it’s only possible through broadcast. Is that correct?

Okay, I think i got it working. Try the instructions here:

Does anyone have this working on Docker yet?

1 Like

Also very interested in knowing if it’s possible to send to a single GH!

Yes…but it is quite complicated. These are the approximate steps you have to take:

1. Create a second google account.
  2. Create another Oath file for that user.
  3. Add the user to relay.
  4. Associate that user only with the GH home units you want to broadcast to. (i.e. 1/4 of your GH’s). Link that account only with some of your GH’s.
  5. When you make your post request, use that other user instead of your main account and then it will only broadcast on the units that it is linked with.

That works, thank you.

Commands like ‘tell me a joke’ seem to work fine, but I cant seem to get any audible response from ‘tell me about my day’ command. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I suspect is has something to do with google home routines? Can we execute those?

No, you cannot execute google routines. Are you setting broadcast to yes?

Think of AR as a Google Home without a mic or speaker, and then add some of the Assistant SDK limitations on top.

When you ask it about your day, you’re asking the AR instance of Assistant.

Routines don’t work from the SDK yet, however asking an your day should give you an audio file you can then cast

I think I understand that. Thanks. When you say, ‘audio file that I can cast’ am I correct to assume that if I have converse set to true, it should provide that response directly back through Google Home? Again, it seems to work fine with with ‘tell me a joke’ but not with ‘tell me about my day’. My assumption was that because ‘tell me about my day’ is actually a routine trigger.

Are you going to get it?

Yes, here is the Dockerfile that is working for me on my Synology NAS.

FROM node:8
RUN apt update && apt upgrade -y
RUN mkdir /usr/src/relay
COPY assistant-relay /usr/src/relay/
RUN cd /usr/src/relay && npm install
EXPOSE 3000
CMD [ “npm”, “run”, “start” ]

The “assistant-relay” in the COPY line refers to the relative path of the git cloned assistant-relay directory.