[Release] Google Assistant Relay V2.0 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

ohhh this is bad as I had all my pistons already setup and working with the google assistant device in ST :frowning:
Anyway I’m unable to make any announcement work from WebCore using Post command for some reason

Make sure to use your relay host local IP, not the hostname. Smartthings calls hostnames from the cloud and only local IPs schemes (192.168, 172.16, 10…) from the hub itself.

I’m not aware of any command yet to set Nest Home state from Google Assistant. You can control the temperature, but that’s all. I expect in the coming months Nest devices may come in as a “Security system” controllable from Routines.

Then you’d be able to trigger a routine via Assistant Relay.

1 Like

My broadcasts have quit working since about 5/20/2019. It’s not just via Assistant Relay; broadcasts no longer work from the Google Assistant app either. I’m afraid it might be a change for GSuite accounts…
https://support.google.com/googlehome/thread/2964730?hl=en
:frowning:

Is it still working? Somehow i’m getting a error msg, can’t use curl to test… it was working perfectly last time i tried!

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ’ in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse ()
at createStrictSyntaxError (/home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:158:10)
at parse (/home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:83:15)
at /home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/body-parser/lib/read.js:121:18
at invokeCallback (/home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:224:16)
at done (/home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:213:7)
at IncomingMessage.onEnd (/home/pi/assistant-relay-2.1.1/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:273:7)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:194:15)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1125:12)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Is there any chance that you update the version of NodeJS on your assistant-relay device?

My broadcast are all still working fine and have been. Of corse I still have the ULTRA ANNOYING “Broadcast from Eric” BUG. :crazy_face:

I am trying to call a Google Assistant routine from SmartThings (ActionTiles specifically). Will this still function or is this being affected by the upcoming Google Assistant changes?

Broadcasts have been broken for me for at least a few days, am on a GSuite account…

Still working fine for me.

I am following @ogiewon instructions. I have assistant relay working and I am trying the part to use PM2 to run assistant relay on reboot it is not working for me. I think I am missing a step or maybe I installed the wrong program. First, I could not get “sudo npm install pm2 -g install” to work. I get the following errors:

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/log.js:57
log.progressEnabled = log.gauge.isEnabled()
^

TypeError: log.gauge.isEnabled is not a function
at Object. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/log.js:57:33)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:776:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:787:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:690:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js:22:13
at Object. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js:152:3)

I was able to get “npm install pm2 -g” to work. I entered “pm2 startup”
I get to the part where it says “to setup the startup script, copy/paste the following command:” I do not know where to paste the command. Do I actually need to paste it somewhere or is it automatically pasted for me? I would appreciate any help to get this working. Thanks.

Will this work on the armv6 version of Node.js?

Thank you so much, didn’t save me anytime but stopped me from giving up.
This definitely should be mentioned cause the instructions that are referenced are for installing 12 not 8

It works. I also do not have a local device to run it on. I’ve just managed to install it on Google App Engine. My concern now is finding a way to lock it down, as it is completely open to anyone who has the link to the application.

Can I use this to cast to my Google Home devices? For example, if I have a motion detector at the front door, can I have this somehow tell all the Google Home speakers to play this http://techreviewsandhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Someone-is-at-the-front-door-1.mp3

Right now I’m using cast-web, but there is a 99.9999% chance updates break something. And I’m getting tired of it. Before yesterday before updating, I had my front door playing that, a sensor on the garage door which told me if it opened or closed, and I had the system tell me if the garage door was open after 9 (like if I was working on a car and maybe forgot to close the door).

No, you cannot cast an mp3 file to a Google Home or Chromecast device using Google Assistant-Relay.

1 Like

Spent ages trying to install and now reached this point… Web browser does not open. Instructions say to follow instructions in terminal but none show. Tried both with SSH terminal and directly.

pi@raspberrypi:~/assistant-relay $ npm start
assistant-relay@2.1.1 start /home/pi/assistant-relay
node server/app.js
Opening OAuth URL. Return here with your code.
Paste your code:

When I heard this work for the first time my jaw hit the floor. Really really great work!

Thanks

1 Like

My relay is rebooting several times a day on its own the last week. Also the “hot words” like broadcast dinner time are not working. Am I alone in this?

I just can’t even get started. Installed node but relay installation says:
Npm error cb() never called windows 10…

Tried to find a way to fix this but nothing Works. Tips anyone?

EDIT: today it seems that Im not getting “never called” error. It seems to be lots of lines with warning that files are missing from "node_modules\staging -folder… and installation ends with these errors.

“npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\assistant-relay-master\node_modules.staging”

I tried with downloading relay_master. Also version 2.1.1 and 2.1 of relay as separate package but they all seem to act same. My node version is v10.16.3 and npm version is v6.11.2

EDIT2: how about intructions for beginners. :slight_smile: This is just so stupid that I install step by step some additional shit to my computer without even knowing what I installed. Anyways… had to install GIT… and had to install node v8.xx. Now I get only one error and it says:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\assistant-relay-master>npm install

grpc@1.8.0 install C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\assistant-relay-master\node_modules\grpc
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --library=static_library

[grpc] Success: “C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\assistant-relay-master\node_modules\grpc\src\node\extension_binary\node-v57-win32-ia32-unknown\grpc_node.node” is installed via remote
npm WARN assistant-relay@2.1.1 No repository field.

added 138 packages from 98 contributors and audited 910 packages in 56.485s
found 49 vulnerabilities (3 low, 29 moderate, 17 high)
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details

I think that that WARN should not be there. “no repository field”.

EDIT3: did not get stuck to that WARN…so decided to go forward. Followed “instructions” how to create json user file. That does not work. When I run npm run build-config it gives just option 1 to change port. No possibility to add user. Starting to think that is this whole thing a joke and now people are laughing when Im trying to get this done.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.