[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Working fine for me.

I’ve noticed they’ve stopped working as this morning too.

At first i thought it was my internet, but I see other might be having issues as well!

hmmmm

Stopped working for me too. Here we go again!

Still fine here, working perfectly (UK)

I am running on an older build of the assistant relay. I wonder if that’s a problem? It was working for a week since google implemented the backend fix.

I am on the older build as well still working for me. YMMV

Just realized it is still working on one of my upstairs google home device. So just within the same API account, some are working while others aren’t.

Check your emails. Google has announced that they had backend problems. Should start working again as they roll out updates

Is that why the api is reporting 100% errors when trying today?

yep!!

The api always reports 100% errors for assistant relay.

Yeah…but i got that 2 days ago. Didn’t think it would still be affected today.

Amazing thread and thanks to everyone that has made this (relatively) easy to setup and use. I do have a question about usage technique. Has anyone found an effective way to add pauses within the phrase you’re sending? I’ve tried semicolons, commas, periods and multiples etc. I can’t seem to get a decent pause. Obviously, a single period pauses briefly, but I’m looking for techniques to increase pauses and manipulate inflections if anyone has had any luck!?

Another newbie question. I noticed the IP address for the call is my LAN address (not public IP), does webCORE send commands from inside or outside my router? If it’s outside (cloud-based) then my local IP wouldn’t work?

Webcore code runs within your ST Cloud Account. However, it interacts with the LAN via your ST Hub. Thus, it can connect to your assistant-relay server via the LAN address, with no ports forwarded in your router.

The only part of WebCore that is truly seperate from ST is the ‘Web’ configuration tool. It is only used for configuration/creation of the Pistons, which are all SmartApps that run within SmartThings in the cloud. Device interactions are handled by the Hub, including Zigbee, Z-Wave, and LAN.

1 Like

Can you explain how to do this please?

Anybody else still unable to get broadcasts?

1 Like

Just set it up today. Working fine.

And now I can’t get the damn thing to work! WTF is going on?!? Am I the only one having problems at this point?

I still have the problem too. Had one Google home working and one not. Rebooted the relay. Now both stopped working. Figured no point reinstalling stuff it has all the indications of a backend issue. I have beta updates enabled on all google homes if that makes a difference.