[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

I actually don’t see anything in the console when I issue the command through webCore

Mine has stopped working as well, but it appears to be on the assistant relay side as Im getting npm errors when I try to start it.

I think that its not starting right on my raspberry pi anymore. I’d normally here an announcement over my speakers when it starts, but I’m not hearing that.

I doubt that its on the Google side, with the errors that npm is throwing it looks like its on the npm side: https://github.com/greghesp/assistant-relay/issues/28

Hey guys… I actually think I got my assistant relay to run by luck. R I have tried to run forever ~g and it gives me this error bellow.
What am I doing wrong. I cannot use the relay until I get the script to start running automatically.
Any help will be so appreciated.

Hey Ryan780, have you got yours back up and running?

Mine has stopped as well, I can see the commands executing in the terminal window, just nothing being broadcast… bummer… it was working brilliantly

Nope. Nothing yet.

Aaarrrrgh… Thanks

Mine stopped working too, as other mentioned above, I can see the commands running but just no feedback from the GH

Yes, I haven’t changed my set up in over a month and suddenly it stopped working as well. Very odd.

Same issue. Custom commands are still working, but I get no audio feedback. Broadcasts are plainly not working.

I have some more news…I tried creating a new Oauth file for a different user. Linked that user to my GH and rebuild my config for the relay. Same result. Relay accepted the command but no audio feedback was given.

I have switched back to cast-web. For now it is the only solution I am aware of for audio alerts. Luckily I only have like 6 pistons in WebCore that I had to update to use the Speak command instead of the assistant relay links. Cast-web is still working currently.

Also, I tried updating to node 10.1.0 (the latest). That didn’t work at all as assistant relay wouldn’t even start. I am getting some odd security warnings when I try and install the relay software. I’m going to look in to those. Also, when I go into the google cloud console, i see that 100% of my relay requests are producing an error I didn’t know I was getting. It appears that they are error type 499. Still can’t find what that means. Can anyone else go into your google cloud console and confirm if you’re seeing the same thing with 100% of your requests getting an error. Go to console.cloud.google.com and if you’re not automatically redirected to it, enter your project. Then click on API’s & Services - Dashboard. Should look like this:

4 Likes

The last 30 days and it was working up until yesterday.

that makes me think something was broken the whole time with that solution…it just was working accidentally. Hopefully @ghesp will come up with something.

I’m having the same problem. Worked fine for months and I noticed today that the audible alerts stopped working.

I am also having the same problem as everyone else. Been working perfectly for many months, but just stopped yesterday. Assuming Google may have changed something?

Add me to the list! Was working beautifully on my Pi for some time. Now nothing works! Hope this gets resolved!

+1 here. It’s been rock solid for months and now it’s down :frowning:

Same here :frowning:

Stopped working for me as well

The problem seems to be Google Assistant is rejecting the request to broadcast. You can notice it in “my activity” in Google home app.