[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Ive got it working on my windows machine, does anybody know the command for if i restart my machine that the server automatically starts.
Now google needs to hurry so you can send individual to a home device instead of broadcasting to all of them.

Try this it worked for me. Anytime you restart windows it will automatically start the server

I’ve got the assistant relay setup and starting (I can hear it broadcast on my Google Home’s) but I can’t seem to ‘discover’ it from the smartthings app when I go to my apps and select assistant-relay. Is there a bug with the discovery mechanism in the device type/app integration with smartthings?

The smartapp and device handler is not working anymore (is written somewhere in this post), instead you only need the server to work and make a post command in webcore

1 Like

Thank you so much. Pi is not as easy to learn as I thought. Just getting to grips now with programming.
I noticed that if I lose internet connection for ten minutes( maybe rebooting my router), than script ends not run. Anyway around this, like wait 5 minutes, check again.

I copied this word for word starting from
#!/bin/sh
and ending with
sleep 8
cd /home/pi/assistant-relay
forever start index.js.

Is that it. Will it start the script everytime pi boots?

my smartapp and DTH is still working. I can confirm this. Custom broadcast works however the custom commands don’t.
Are any of you having any luck.

You should install “forever”. That is what will keep the script running.

There is a wiki on how to get it to run at startup.

The file you need can be found here:

I get a fatal error saying it’s not a git hub repository.

are you in your assistant-relay folder? I just did it and it worked perfectly for me.

Yes I am in the assistant-relay folder but my folder is assistant-relay-master. Would this make a difference?

how did you install it originally? Did you copy manually or did you git clone? If you copied manually then you didn’t follow the rest of the steps and other instructions probably won’t work either…like the auto start-up script. You can try to rename the folder using (in your home folder):

sudo mv assistant-relay-master assistant-relay

That might fix it. Might not.

Yep did it manually back in the beginning. I have the auto start working already. Tried renaming the directory like you said but that didn’t work. O well thanks for your help.

You’re on Raspberry Pi, correct? What error are you getting exactly? Since there are major fixes in the current version, it might be worth it to wipe your folder (after saving your .json file) and starting with the git clone method. It will make updating in the future a LOT easier.

1 Like

Yes I am on a Pi 3. I might give that a shot when I get some time. I am not getting any errors and I think I am on the last build. I downloaded the zip and copied it over the older files except for the .json then did npm install. I was just looking for a better way to keep it up to date.

I was actually working on a cron update to update automatically every so often but that’s not ready for prime-time yet. But it will work off the git/pull method.

Did you ever get the ‘custom command’ feature working? I’m having the same issue. Able to custom broadcast. Just can’t get the command to broadcast. Weird thing is I see Google’s response to my custom command question in the console (?) when I’m logged in to my raspberry pi. The answer just never gets sent to my Google home.

Sounds like one of your users isn’t setup properly or the user you’re trying to use has no Google Homes on their account

Are you thinking I re-run the build-config?

Also, thank you for all your work on this.

Yeah, just download the default config from GitHub and then run the config builder

Greg:

If someone wanted to work on the SmartApp/DTH side, could that be enabled to work again, or have the changes/updates blocked that path?

Asking because I’m still using them and enjoy the ease of use from the simplified process in webCore that is available with them - I don’t have to remember any command syntax - just select customBroadcast and type my text. Having that capability makes this very simple for very simple (& lazy) people like me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes