[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

I’ve installed Python 3.6.5 for Windows and get the same error when running the npm install. I think the python error is a red herring.

The odd thing is that the relay was working for a short period before, even without having python on the machine previously. I had set up a webCoRE piston that was calling the relay and it all worked well. Then the next day, the relay stopped working. It is a static IP, so it wasn’t a DHCP issue. That was what prompted me to try “fixing” it, which ended in my attempts at reinstalling.

Ignoring the errors when running npm Install, if I run it with node index.js, it starts up fine with no errors, but there is no announcement on the Google Home.

C:\GoogleAssistantRelay\assistant-relay-master>node index
Fired up the SSDP Server for network discovery...
Firing up the Web Server for communication on address 192.168.1.17:3000
Received command broadcast Assistant Relay is now setup and running for graeme
No user specified, using graeme
Conversation Complete

If I go to the browser and enter http://http://127.0.0.1:3000/customBroadcast?text=hello+world&user=graeme, then it says:“Cannot GET /customBroadcast”

Have you tried this

npm install --global --production windows-build-tools

That sounds like its working correctly.
Have you updated it to one of my latest versions and not used the config builder?

You wont be able to go to the URL either as it needs a POST request, not a GET request

Greg:

For those of us who installed way back in the old days ( :slight_smile: ) and want to keep using the DTH/Smart app, If we update to the current Assistant Relay code will it do anything to break the DTH/Smartapp functions?

I don’t think so, but I can’t be 100% sure!

1 Like

I cant decide if I want to upgrade to the latest ver since the original ver is working good. Is there some optimization?

I’m in the same boat…
Been using this for quite awhile and it’s been great

Greg, you did a great job - thanks

But as @ehupp01 said, I really don’t want to mess this up by upgrading when it works so well

If you guys want to test the new version, just download it to a new folder and run it from there.

If it doesn’t work or you don’t like it. Stop the server, delete the folder and run it from the old one :slight_smile:

There’s some bug fixes, optimization changes and error handling, as well as the converse options.

I’d suggest downloading postman and checking out my collection if you want to see how it work

Have just started playing with Assistant Relay and loving is so far. Much better than the very robotic voice i had using TTS. I’m slowly switching all those out to relay. One particular piston i have in webCore, which is my good morning routine is pretty long where i have the days information curated and broadcasted out like weather report - temperature/will it rain, etc, as well as activities on my calendar, some sport scores and also an inspirational quote of the day.

Moving that piston over to relay (using the POSTmethod in webCore), the broadcast never finishes. It just stops after a bit. Tried it a few times and noticed that it always stops at the same point. This got me thinking that there might be an upper limit to how much it can say. If so, any ideas on what the limit is? And if there is a limit, is there anyway i can stitch 2 or 3 broadcast commands without it overlapping?

Thanks!

You would use my instructions but the Arm64 version of Node.

Yes the DTH and Smartapp don’t work with the new relay. I couldnt get it to work.

The write up was spot on. Used your guide and got everything running in one go. Thanks for the effort.

Any chance you could add to that write up on updating the app? Being complete bozo when it comes with anything programming…i however can follow written instructions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok got it done was not as scary as I thought. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem here, works on first day(yesterday) today I tried by webcore and http://192.168.1.101:3000/customBroadcast?text=hello+world&user=emersonvier so
I got “Cannot GET /customBroadcast”

When I start the server I can listem the mensage .

Any help here please.

You need to use a POST request, not a GET request

Can you let me know what you’re trying to broadcast, and where it cuts off?

I might be able to write in a function to do it, although there would be a break

Will try it out when i get back from work and let you know the results.

Does the app support multiple users? Or in fact support multiple voice models? That would be nice to spice things up a little and not have the same voice go over and over (yea…i have quite a few notifications that drive the wife up the wall…hehehe). If can switch voice models, language, maybe have that as a configurable parameter when sending the POST command to?

Hi @ghesp I newbee I just following the steps.

As I wrote works well yesterday, but today stopped.

Thank you! Got it working last night on an raspberry pi v1! Takes up 40% of the available memory but works great!

There is a delay when I use it via webcore. Expected? Or is it because of my slow pi.