[Release] [Closed] Google Assistant Relay V1 - Google Home Audio Notifications!

Modem, security gateway, wireless ap, PC.

That wouldn’t be the problem then. Your GH is on and signed in to the same account you used to create the Json file?

You mean router, right? What is providing DHCP services on your network?

The security gateway is the router in this case. I think I figured it out… give me a few minutes

1 Like

Then yeah, that would definitely be a problem.

Would you be willing to share? I could do with some “Dummy-friendly” instructions.

There’s some good instructions in the above comments, I’m just slower than the average person :stuck_out_tongue:

Man I’m so dumb. I’m setting this up for someone else, signed out the account I used to create the JSON from their google home… it’s working now. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

1 Like

What a dummy I am. I just read a response to my post and didn’t realize that Ryan had subsequently posted instructions. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Yay!!! :grin::clap:

Let me know what you think. Obviously if you’ve been attempting already it might be good to start with a fresh image of Raspbian.

1 Like

did you get an answer to this. Apparently it is not compatible AR it is Arm
V8 and not 7

Anyone know if you can have assistant read out notifications? Is that more of a TTS solution?

The assistant relay is just a node server so the possibilities are endless.

You could use something like Tasker on Android to read your notifications and then send a post request to the relay

1 Like

No - I set up the relay weeks ago before that was available.

Doyou have a guide for raspi 3B+.
thank you

I’ve gone through and fixed a few bugs.

I’ve also changed the first post, removing the SmartApp & DTH examples, but providing examples for WebCore and Postman, and also adding more information to clear things up

Hopefully this will help some people :slight_smile:

1 Like

have the same problem. What did you do

I’ve installed the assistant relay on Windows 10 by following the instructions. I had it working for a short while, then it suddenly stopped working. After much frustration trying to get it to work, I uninstalled it all and reinstalled, following the same procedure. When I type npm install, or npm I from the command prompt, I get the following errors:

C:\GoogleAssistantRelay\assistant-relay-master>npm i

> speaker@0.3.1 install C:\GoogleAssistantRelay\assistant-relay-master\node_modules\speaker
> node-gyp rebuild

C:\GoogleAssistantRelay\assistant-relay-master\node_modules\speaker>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild )  else (node "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild )
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Can't find Python executable "python", you can set the PYTHON env variable.
gyp ERR! stack     at PythonFinder.failNoPython (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:483:19)
gyp ERR! stack     at PythonFinder.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:508:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:284:29
gyp ERR! stack     at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:152:21)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.16299
gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd C:\GoogleAssistantRelay\assistant-relay-master\node_modules\speaker
gyp ERR! node -v v8.10.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2
gyp ERR! not ok
npm WARN assistant-relay@1.0.0 No repository field.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: speaker@0.3.1 (node_modules\speaker):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: speaker@0.3.1 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1

up to date in 15.209s

What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm, maybe you do need Python installed on Windows. I already have it installed so perhaps I didn’t notice: