[OBSOLETE] GoControl Siren / Linear Siren / Vision Siren

It turns out that the configuration parameters for the Vision device are 1 and 2, but they’re 0 and 1 for the GoControl device which is why it wasn’t working.

I just released a new version that should fix the problem, but you need to update the settings screen in the mobile app after you upgrade to the latest version.

Let me know if this version works with the Vision device.

2 Likes

Victory! Kevin you rock…

I tested just about everything I could think of and it is all working perfectly!

Thank you so much for your help.

I just released version 1.6 which is required if you’re using CoRE v0.1.131.20160805 or above.

2 Likes

@krlaframboise will this work with the new Vision Z-Wave Plus Siren ZM1601US-5. the link is here.
thanks

Yes, @droidguru has confirmed that it works with that siren.

@droidguru if you don’t mind can you share the settings that you us efor the Vision Siren 1601us-5. I have not been able to get my working correctly. Thanks

Did you install this DTH before or after pairing the device and have you saved the settings screen since you installed it?

Are you seeing any errors in Live Logging?

@llcanada yes I have this working correctly. Currently I use it as a flashing alert only (no sound) when a motion sensor is tripped in certain modes.

I installed the DTH that @krlaframboise so graciously created, then paired the siren and then switched the device handler manually since it wanted to pair as a zwave siren.

After that my positive settings (those I changed):

30 seconds
Strobe Only
Always set device type
Debugging

Hope that helps, good luck.

@droidguru Thanks for the settings and @krlaframboise I uninstall and reinstall the device and believe that I have it working. I will test more tonight when I get home and let you know. Thanks again for your help and device type.

You should be able to use all the features/settings with your device, but let me know if you notice any problems.

Hi,
I just got a vision siren and have successfully used your code to get it kind of working. I can get it to BEEP, Siren or Strobe through the Test buttons. Though pressing the test buttons via app is hit and miss. It won’t always work.

My primary question however is to get input from the community on SmartApps that can utilize this device.
I dont want to use it as an alarm. I want to use the strobe or preferably a BEEP when a door is opened or motion sensor triggered etc.

Does anyone know of any good smartapps ?

UPDATE : I used the Smart Lighting smartapp to trigger the strobe via sensor trigger. However it would be better with a Beep as well as strobe.

Thanks

You can use Smart Home Monitor or Speaker Notify with Sound to use the custom commands. If you want more flexibility, try CoRE.

The first post in this Topic explains how you can use this device with those SmartApps and also lists all the supported custom commands.

Hi all, new to ST. So far having a good reliable experience. I quickly figured out I needed this handler to get my Linear Sirens to work correctly. I am concerned though with the fact that my sirens are running a custom handler and will likely not work in the event of an internet outage(I have not tested, but I assume thats the case). My understanding is that SHM native sensors and triggering sirens will process locally. I am trying to keep the SHM simple enough so that at least sirens go off in the house even though the internet might be down. Is there any alternatives that would allow me to use the Siren with a built in device handler? I dont really care about all of the features the custom handler has. I just need a reliable siren.

1 Like

Can I add the GoControl WA105DBZ-1 Siren?

Yes you can.

You are correct, if you’re using a custom handler, it will not work when the internet is down.

I think the generic zwave siren device handler runs locally and will work for this device.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. It seems slow to respond on the regular handler, but I would prefer it to run local. I will try that again.

1 Like

Wow I never knew that custom device handlers don’t work if internet is down. Good tip! Especially for a siren!

Not all of the published device handlers run locally, but the ones that do only work offline if you’re using them with SHM or Smart Lighting.

That’s correct. I recently found out that my Siren is not on local device list. In fact, none of my devices are. So I have given up on local processing for now. I will have redundant inernet soon, have a whole backup generator so I am less concerned. It’s way too hard to be limited to specific devices. I don’t care for the reliance on the cloud but smartthings seems to be the best platform still overall. Hopefully local options will develop in the next year or two.