[OBSOLETE] GoControl Siren / Linear Siren / Vision Siren

Try enabling setting #3.

That worked. The siren turns on, as well as the strobe. However, when I put a delay, ( i added 5 sec) the strobe turns on the app indicates alarm pending then switches to siren on. However, siren never turns on and then auto switches to off even if I disabled the auto off.

I just discovered that SmartThings changed the behavior of the “response” command which is what broke this feature and is most likely the cause of most of the other random problems users have been experiencing this week.

This is most likely causing configuration problems with the 20+ DTHs I’ve created and I don’t have time to fix them all right now, but I’ll start with the sirens first.

This should be all set now.

Thanks!! To update, do I just copy the raw code and paste over the top of the existing custom device handler code? Is there a better/preferred/more streamlined way to update?

Yes, that method works.

The easier way is to enable GitHub integration because it will turn purple when a new version is available and you can click “Update From Repo” instead of having to copy and paste.

On the device handlers screen in the IDE you can click settings and then enter the information below. I can’t remember if you have to do the integration setup first and create a free GitHub account.

Owner: krlaframboise
Name: SmartThings
Branch: master

1 Like

So I just paired it with my system and it worked properly a couple of times but wanted to set it so it strobed for 30 seconds. Now I can’t get it to work aside from beep. I also tried to revert the settings. Vision ZM1601US-5

When I click strobe I get alarm pending and nothing is happening

Just noticed I’m seeing the same issue from 196-203 but enabling #3 didn’t work for me

Make sure you have setting #1 set to “Disable Auto Off” while you’re testing because it’s a hardware setting and if you don’t wait that full amount of time between tests, the prior test will interfere with the next test.

You are seeing that “alarm pending” message because setting #6 is not set to 0. If you want to use the Alarm Delay feature and the Auto Off feature you need to set setting #1 to a value greater than setting #6.

It’s not the problem that’s mentioned in posts 196-203 because that problem was caused by a feature SmartThings broke. The latest version of my code has a workaround for it, but SmartThings fixed the problem so you won’t see that problem even if you’re on an older version.

Thanks for the reply. I do set #1 to Disable while testing but nominally my settings are

1. 120, disable currently for testing
  2. Siren and Strobe
  3. on
  4. off
  5. on
  6. 30
  7. 30000
    12 hours
    12 hours
  8. on

It’s most like #7 that’s messing it up so try setting it to 1000.

It actually appears to be the alarm delay. No matter what time I set, it strobes and then shuts off before siren sounds at the alarm delay time. Without alarm delay it works fine

The beep length isn’t meant to be used as a delay so by setting it to 30000 milliseconds and the delay to 30 seconds they were cancelling the siren before it started.

Did you try changing setting #7 to 1000?

Yeah I changed that. Only thing that makes it work for me is putting the alarm delay at 0

If you want the strobe to turn on immediately and not sound the siren then the alarm delay needs to be 0 like you said.

If you want the siren to turn on after 30 seconds of the strobe blinking then you need to use the siren button to turn it on and set the settings to something like:

1. Auto Off: 60 Seconds or more
  2. Use Strobe During Delay: Enabled
  3. Alarm Delay: 30 Seconds
  4. Length of Beep: 1000 Seconds

Not using an Alarm Delay and setting the Length of beep to 30000 (30 seconds) apparently works, but it can lead to other problems like the alarm getting stuck on for 30 seconds so I strongly recommend against using it like that.

Could you put the GitHub info in the first post? I suspect it will get buried after awhile way down here.

All of my device handler topics have the GitHub code at the bottom of the first post.

Edited post, I got it figured out. Thank you

I’m a Smarthings newbie, but a long time mainframe assembler and php programmer, attempting to add WA105DBZ siren code. when clicking “CREATE” get error message.

No signature of method: script1498854418498762072048.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1498854418498762072048$_run_closure1) values: [script1498854418498762072048$_run_closure1@74faae11] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

What I did
Went to the github link https://github.com/krlaframboise/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/krlaframboise/gocontrol-multifunction-siren.src/gocontrol-multifunction-siren.groovy
found 1.7.4 version;
clicked RAW
copied code
in the IDE Click My Smartthings; click create in Add from Code
paste code then Click Create
get error message

Assume I’m doing something wrong. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thank you

You need to paste it into the device handlers section of the IDE, not the SmartApps section.