[OBSOLETE] GoControl Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Siren DTH

I just dumped wink, and came to ST; so thanks so much for this release. I preformed the install and it works great, but after the smart app for notifications quit registering the name of the sensor on the alerts. For example Front Door just says contact opened. Is this something you have encountered?

I think I removed that in the last version because it made it easier to see the activity in the ā€œRecentlyā€ tab, but I wasnā€™t aware it would prevent the name from appearing in notifications.

I just released a new version which should fix that problem.

so where do i find the new version? sorry if the question is dumb, but Iā€™m kinda new to all this. Also if i install the new version to do i have remove and install them again ?

Most of the time, the very first post in the topic, scroll way to the top, will have a link to github which is where the code is. That link will always point at the most recent version of the device handler.

If you go to that link you should see a ā€œRAWā€ button which will display a clean version of the code thatā€™s easy to copy and paste into the IDE. Once you install a SmartApp and device handler, you update it by copy and pasting the new version over it so you donā€™t have to reinstall anything.

This particular forum topic is for 3 different device handlers which makes things a little bit more confusing. In the first topic you will see 3 links to GitHub so you need to use the corresponding device youā€™re working with.

You can integrate github with SmartThings so youā€™ll know when new versions are available and wonā€™t have to copy and paste the code, but thatā€™s more involved so if thatā€™s something you want to do you should search the forum for other tutorials on it.

I found the link below really helpful when I first started:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Using_Custom_Code#Using_a_Custom_Device_Handler

Thanks so muchā€¦ This is why ST is so awesome, never had this with wink.

i installed the device handler for the motion detector. but i do not see the UI that i see posted here.

i still see my stock UI

any other step/s i have to do after installing the device handlerā€¦thank you in advance.

If you install the device handler before pairing the device, it should automatically use the correct device handler.

It sounds like you paired the device before installing the device handler so you have to go to the device screen in the IDE and change that deviceā€™s ā€œTypeā€ field to the new device handler.

The list is alphabetical, but the custom device handlers you install will be located at the very bottom of the list.

1 Like

thank youā€¦ i ended up just excluding it and pairing it backā€¦

im still seeing a blank icon though?

is there an easier way to update this handler than just re-pasting the new code over the old in Device Handlers?

You can add the repository to your IDE. It wonā€™t automatically update, but itā€™s only a few clicks instead of copy & pasting the new code. Allows you to see in IDE if the repo version is different than your local version.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using this for about 5 months with great resultsā€¦except: Is there a way to set the system to not trip the alarm unless multiple sensors trip? IE motion and door motion combined? My roomba vacuum trips the motion sensor about 3 days a week while Iā€™m at work and according to the top the jumpers inside the motion sensor donā€™t really chance the sensitivity. Iā€™m searching the forums and not getting much help.

This is a generic device thatā€™s sold under a few different names, but some of the brands use different firmware. The firmware for the GoControl/Linear version doesnā€™t support those jumper settings.

Thereā€™s nothing that can be done with the device to prevent the false alarms, but I believe you can use virtual switches. The SmartApp Smart Zone Motion Manager might provide the functionality youā€™re looking for.

@krlaframboise
Kevin, how would I mod the original contact sensor handler to show a Garage Door Icon rather than a standard contact sensor icon? I find the lines of code but have no idea what to replace them with.

Iā€™m using a regular sensor on the garage door itself. Nothing more than wanting to change the icon. Can you possibly post a couple modified lines of code to replace, or instructions on how to do this. As code goes, consider me able to find anything you point to but have no idea what Iā€™m doing with it. :slight_smile:

I just added an option for ā€œcontact-garageā€ to my GoControl/Linear Multifunction Contact Sensor device handler so if you switch to that one you wonā€™t have to modify the code.

If youā€™d prefer to keep the the simple version of the DTH and modify the code, all you have to do is replace ā€œst.contact.contact.closedā€ with ā€œst.doors.garage.garage-closedā€ and replace ā€œst.contact.contact.openā€ with ā€œst.doors.garage.garage-openā€.

1 Like

GoControl/Linear Door/Window Sensor v1.9

I just released version 1.9 that has the setting ā€œCreate Device for External Sensor?ā€. If you install the ā€œGoControl External Contact Sensorā€ DTH and enable that setting a new device will be created for for the External Contact.

If you change the ā€œMain Contact Behaviorā€ to ā€œInternal Contact Onlyā€ youā€™ll be able to use the internal and external sensors as separate devices.

The new version of this device handler and the child device handler can be found in the first post of this topic.

1 Like

Does this work with Monoprice 15271 (PIR Motion Detector with Temperature)?

They do work, but recently the temperature has not been reportingā€¦ Maybe @krlaframboise can assist in troubleshooting?

Iā€™ve removed and re-paired each one to no availā€¦

Are you on the latest version of this DTH and have you gone into the device settings and saved since upgrading to it?

Is it the Monoprice motion sensor that stopped reporting temperature? I know itā€™s a similar product, but I wasnā€™t aware that it worked with this device handler.

It is a monoprice sensorā€¦ it worked with release 1.2 but not 1.3. Iā€™m pretty sure the gocontrol and monoprice are the same ones no?

The only manual I could find for the Monoprice motion sensor doesnā€™t mention anything about it reporting temperature so Iā€™m unable to verify if itā€™s the same device.

I compared the DTH versions and besides having to go in and change the configuration settings after upgrading, I donā€™t see any changes that could have broke the temperature reporting.