[RELEASE] GoControl Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Siren DTH

That device should work as expected with the built-in handler and it probably executes locally that way so is there a reason why you’re using my custom handler?

I was able to add it as Aeon motion sensor but never got it to work.

With your DH handler, it now reports battery status, temperature, tamper and motion. Though now it is stuck on motion active and i can’t seem to reset it. This is as close as i have gotten to getting it to work on ST. Use to work fine on Wink.

Oh btw, I set motion reset to 1.

Assuming you changed that setting while it was using my handler and woke the device up afterwards by opening the cover so that the setting would be saved, it should change back to inactive if nothing moves in front of it for a full minute.

If the Aeon motion handler has a configuration parameter with the same number as this sensor then it might not still be set to 1 minute.

GoControl Door/window contact sensor Model: WADWAZ-1 or GoControl Sirens Model: WA105DBZ-1, your DH on the new app does not show Tamper Alert function for the contact sensor or siren. But the tamper alert does show on these in the classic app.

Reposting your original post as a response to my question isn’t helpful…

I am sorry, I am very new to home automation and have had SmartThings for less than 1 month, I am a novice. The stock handler does not have the ability to change any settings at all, contact type, check-in’s etc. It also does not report tamper as well. Yours does, which is why I am using it. The Classic app everything you have as options on your DH works perfectly, the new app Tamper has disappeared.

If you’re using my regular go control contact sensor handler then line 85 should start with vid: so replace that entire line with:

ocfDeviceType: “x.com.st.d.sensor.contact”

That should force all the capabilities to be displayed, but it might also cause the device to frequently display that it’s offline…

I tried that on the contact sensor replacing line 85 and received this:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script_dth_metadata_07609cce_aff2_41a1_b971_f9aaca019ef5: 85: Invalid variable name. Must start with a letter but was: “x
. At [85:18] @ line 85, column 18.
ocfDeviceType: “x.com.st.d.sensor.contact”

Unfortunately, no luck here. It always shows motion active. I have tried to remove the battery and put it back in, did a zwave network repair. Any ideas?