[RELEASE] GoControl Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, and Siren DTH

That device should work as expected with the built-in handler and it probably executes locally that way so is there a reason why you’re using my custom handler?

I was able to add it as Aeon motion sensor but never got it to work.

With your DH handler, it now reports battery status, temperature, tamper and motion. Though now it is stuck on motion active and i can’t seem to reset it. This is as close as i have gotten to getting it to work on ST. Use to work fine on Wink.

Oh btw, I set motion reset to 1.

Assuming you changed that setting while it was using my handler and woke the device up afterwards by opening the cover so that the setting would be saved, it should change back to inactive if nothing moves in front of it for a full minute.

If the Aeon motion handler has a configuration parameter with the same number as this sensor then it might not still be set to 1 minute.

GoControl Door/window contact sensor Model: WADWAZ-1 or GoControl Sirens Model: WA105DBZ-1, your DH on the new app does not show Tamper Alert function for the contact sensor or siren. But the tamper alert does show on these in the classic app.

Reposting your original post as a response to my question isn’t helpful…

I am sorry, I am very new to home automation and have had SmartThings for less than 1 month, I am a novice. The stock handler does not have the ability to change any settings at all, contact type, check-in’s etc. It also does not report tamper as well. Yours does, which is why I am using it. The Classic app everything you have as options on your DH works perfectly, the new app Tamper has disappeared.

If you’re using my regular go control contact sensor handler then line 85 should start with vid: so replace that entire line with:

ocfDeviceType: “x.com.st.d.sensor.contact”

That should force all the capabilities to be displayed, but it might also cause the device to frequently display that it’s offline…

I tried that on the contact sensor replacing line 85 and received this:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script_dth_metadata_07609cce_aff2_41a1_b971_f9aaca019ef5: 85: Invalid variable name. Must start with a letter but was: “x
. At [85:18] @ line 85, column 18.
ocfDeviceType: “x.com.st.d.sensor.contact”

Unfortunately, no luck here. It always shows motion active. I have tried to remove the battery and put it back in, did a zwave network repair. Any ideas?

If you copied and pasted that line then it most likely used slanted quotes so try manually typing it in.

It should look like the following when you’re done:

Go into the IDE and click the “motion” link in the states section to see if it isn’t changing back to inactive or if it’s just not displaying inactive in the new mobile app.

If it isn’t changing back to inactive then make sure the retrigger wait time setting is set to 1 and then open the cover to make it wake up and accept the changes.

Also remove // from the log.trace line at the very bottom of the code and open live logging before testing anything so you’ll be able to see if the device isn’t sending anything to the hub or if the handler is handling the reports properly.

Thank you, I made the change to the quotes and the system took it. It’s been a few days now, I also opened the sensor to force them to update. No change in the new app. Still does not show tamper as an option or anything else. Nothing changed with the change you listed in the DH.

I thought that change might make tamper appear on the device details screen, but I’m not sure if Automations even supports tamper…

It turns out there is a vid that has contact, battery, and tamper which will make all 3 of those appear on the device details screen.

Add a comma to the end of line 85 and create a new line below it with the following, but after making that change you’ll probably have to fight with it again to see the changes.

vid: "generic-contact-5"

Thanks for the change, I did exactly as instructed a few days ago. The system took the change with no problems and published the changes. Unfortunately, it did not work even with forcing the contact sensor to update. The new app shows nothing with tamper as an option either when opening the sensor, or in history. I think I am going to give up at this point and change back to your original published version. Thank you for the try!

I added that device handler to my hub…st v3.
Everything worked fine for me, but only after I excluded the motion sensor and then added it again.
I get Battery, Motion, Tamper, and Temp.

1 Like