[RELEASE] Generic Video Camera DeviceType, Yes, Live Video Streaming

Thanks @pstuart my Compro ipcam is working fine just find it odd my rtsp stream is working without the authentication but it is not working on vlc Android, may be it is a good idea not to expose it to internet

Update: a bit more testing with tinycam pro reminds me it works with streaming but not any PTZ control, still a bit scary though

How have you got on with this @bredfiel1 ?
im having the same problems my stream is
rtsp://192.168.0.57:554/onvif1
and it works fine in VLC and vlc doesnā€™t ask for credentials which is strange but it works.
but the same address wont work with this SmartApp , has anyone managed to get Onvif cameras to work with this?
im on android and the camera is Sumvision Oracle
cheers

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™m using this to stream from a Sannce AHD 8 channel Chinese DVR.

Iā€™m using the following RTSP url:

HD stream:
rtsp://192.168.0.44:554/user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.sdp

sub-stream:
rtsp://192.168.0.44:554/user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.sdp

Any way I can add a tile to toggle between the HD and sub-streams?

Also what is the possibility of image / video capture, and motion detection?

Thanks for this tidy app!

1 Like

Hey Shaun, how did you get those other devices to list underneath the camera?

Ah wait, I just worked it out - star the device in the room settings!

Hi All,

Im very new to all this. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to getting started on this.

I have 3 UBNT cameras that I would like to integrate into my smartthings hubv2. They support RTSP.

Im not a developer so not really sure where to start with all this code etc on the github links, sure with a point in the right direction I could get started.

@PSTUART great comments so sure the app is great.

Update:
I seem to have now added the app ok (after some research online). Now I have the app in my IOS device. When I go to Automation>GVCC>New camera, nothing happens? Any ideas?

Are you sure your adding the correct rtsp stream into the address box.
Check it with VLC on a laptop
name the camera
In camera stream path choose a number I think any will do
Then your stream url in the bottom box
Did you add both smartapps in the ide

There is a device handler for Ubiquiti devices that you might want to check out.

Also what is the possibility of image / video capture, and motion detection?

+1 to thisā€¦ would love to be able to trigger taking a single frame image/picture.

Hi, so new here, will be buying my Samsung ST hub starter kit soon, end of June. One of the major things I have read about and looking around for is a CCTV or similar camera setup to work out doors and is compatible or useable with ST. Looking at 2 camera, one to the front and back of the house, night vision, clear video and picture quality. With or without sensors, provide live streams and if sensor needed to trigger recordings etcā€¦but I find that there are alot of chats about this product and that, but want to keep the cost down, no monthly fees etc. I do have a DLINK NAS box which I can install a 2Gig drive for this purpose of local storage for the camera etcā€¦ any recommendations and advise. I have seen a lot of chat about the hikvison. Also this would need to communicate alerts etc to an IOS and Android phone

Hey, I just wanted to chime in and say Iā€™m using this with my Amcrest 841B indoor cameras and itā€™s working well. Just wanted to say thanks.

1 Like

Hi there, I have a Linksys WVC80N camera which I am trying to stream via pStuartā€™s code. Everything seems to be ready except I canā€™t seem to find the right url to actually get it streaming. It looks like it is connecting then stops and displays ā€œcamera unavailableā€. What I have for the url is http://192.168.1.xxx:port/img/video.mjpeg?user=theusername&pwd=thepassword which is from a previous post in this chain.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten this to work with Axis cameras? I canā€™t seem to find the correct URL string. The one that I use in ActionTiles isnā€™t working

Hello all
I canā€™t believe i am the first one to ask about Q-See DVR cameras they were widely sold at Costco and Sams and all over the place at some point.
Very nice product it works great with their own app and i can see them from the web browser and other apps with no problem. What i am having a hard time getting at them is through VLC so i can use the url.
I have scoured the internet all over and found many promising type of urlā€™s that all seem to work but they are all rtsp and ask for a user name and password that when i enter nothing happens it keeps on asking for it.
When i go though http though my lan it downloads an active x for internet explorer than works fineā€¦ other browsers however donā€™t seem to work.
Also i went and got a generic ip cam viewer app, it is actually called IP Cam Viewer i also watch my work cams with it, for my android phone (not its own Q-see android app) and it picked it right up with no problem as Q-See DVR w/ TCP port 37777 and prompted me for a user name and password and it worked just fine form than on.
So VLC asks for a user name and password but nothing happens when i enter them. Any ideas on how to surpass this issue so i can get the url that works and put it on this ST app side???
The model is QC958 8 HD cam DVR obviously the h264 format.
Here are the urlā€™s that seem to work with VLCā€¦ meaning that they will ask you for user name and password while others i have tried do not work flat out and give you an error. the user name and password are the correct ones i have tried it with multiple users and passwords i have added to the system.
Any ideas???

Thank you in advance
Denis

rtsp://192.168.1.161:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=[1]&subtype=1&authBasic=[AUTH]
rtsp://192.168.1.161/[1]
http://192.168.1.161:554/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?chn=[1]&u=[my user]&p=[my pass] (provides 1 still Image)
rtsp://192.168.1.161:554/VideoInput/1/h264/1
rtsp://192.168.1.161:554/PSIA/Streaming/channels/0?videoCodecType=H.264
rtsp://myuser:mypass@192.168.1.161/h264/ch1/main/av_stream?tcp
rtsp://192.168.1.161:554/onvif1

here are some images of the third party app and the DVRā€™s own port table

thank you again
Denis

Just used this to attach my 3 Hikvision cameraā€™s. Seems to work!

Seems very similar to what my camera outputs,
You donā€™t mention which platform the VLC is onā€¦ Android, Windows etc?
Iā€™ve got my ip from my camera that is
rtsp://192.168.1.41:554/onvif1 and it will connect first time to VLC on my Windows 7 laptop and I donā€™t even have to enter and password/username.
But when I enter the same IP into VLC on my android tablet it wonā€™t connect I donā€™t even get a option to enter password etc and Iā€™ve tried numerous IP addresses with the password included etc.
And this smartapp wonā€™t accept the same IP also so im a bit stumped at the moment.
Have you tried leaving the password and username blank

Any chance i can use this in WebCore at some point ?

My VLC is on Windows 7 desktop and it will prompt me for a user name and password and i enter the correct ones and nothing happens just another user name and password prompt after another.
I have tried leaving them blank still nothing same result

i found this site that had my help make an url for my IP camera

http://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

just chose your camera make and model, input your cameras ip and login and it will create a URL for you

2 Likes

Yay :grinning: up and running! Got my zmodo cameras ZP-IBH23-S1 x4 working on rtsp if anyone has the same ones i used this for the stream path rtsp://user:pass@ip:10554/tcp/av0_0 seems to be full 1080 stream!
happy would be nice to see if i can find the right combo for jpeg now. :grin:

1 Like

I have a 6 channel laview (rebranded hikvision) NVR w/6 cameras. Iā€™m looking for help with getting this code to work. I copy/pasted the app code to create a new smart app and pasted the handler where it should go, then published both. After entering my cameraā€™s setting in the smartapp and clicking done, nothing gets created in the things section. Any advice? The url I enter in the first box is rtsp://192.168.2.100:554/streaming/channels/101 (or 102 for substream), the next camera would be 201 for instance. This code streams fine in VLC and tinycam. Iā€™ve tried leaving the nvr port at 7080 as well as trying my NVRs port of 8000. I also entered the correct user/pass combo (VLC also asks for this when initiating stream. Thanks!!!