RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)

Do you have the DTH installed as well? What DTH is assigned for the device?

Whatā€™s DTH? In device list it shows as a DLNA player.

Okay, and what are you trying to use to send you voice notifications? What smartapp?

Speaker Companion. Plays nice with my soundbar but that has its own issues in relation to media thatā€™s already playing, so Iā€™d like to avoid using that.

Are you able to play to the speaker from another DLNA player?

Out of the blue my Fabriq no longer shows in Media Renderer, it is still in the ST app, but doesnā€™t play. I try discovery with no luck. Any ideas would be welcome.

Anyone know how to solve this error? This is from device jam symphony speaker

01:48:03: error org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 45; columnNumber: 3; The element type ā€œCurrentTrackMetaDataā€ must be terminated by the matching end-tag ā€œā€. @line 267 (parse)

joelw make sure fabriq speaker is in wifi mode, not bluetooth

Need some help guys. I canā€™t seem to get text to speech working. Iā€™ve tried the smarthings option and Google but neither works. The Sound option works fine but canā€™t use voice for open door notifications. Any ideas? TIA

i have followed the steps but it seems that the media renderer is not working for me.I cannot see anything in the Live Logging and it doesnā€™t recognise my speaker either. They have to be in the same wifi network?

Same here. Both of my Fabriq speakers just stopped working. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Some times the hub hangs up the data request , just reboot your hub

If no work, try to change the speaker ip in your router.

use upnp browsrer to verify your speaker are visible in the same network than you hub

Yes in WiFi mode, never was changed.

The Fabriq doesnā€™t show in Media Renderer Connect, but started working again. Also I added a Eufy Genie Alexa speaker to my system, and Media Renderer found it and added it to my things. It works, but what is strange it also disapeared from Media Renderer right after it found it and installed it. The only thing Media renderer sees is my Samsung TV. I think since both the Eufy, and the Fabriq both work, it is a fault with Media Renderer. I am noit any sort of expert, but the evidence bears this out. It finds new adds it then no longer sees it.

Same for me. Media renderer does recognize my Sony TV but no fabriq speakers. Will restart the hub today and see if it makes any difference.

When I restarted the hub, it did not work but when I restarted both router and hub, fabriq speakers are working now :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Has anyone gotten the Vizio SmartCast soundbar to work?

Suddenly none of my speakers work anymore, anybody else encountered this?

Joining the party here - believe Iā€™ve installed the code correctly, when I get to the stage of discovering DLNA I canā€™t find my speaker (a GCMM E2). Iā€™ve checked that UPnP is enabled. Any sensible next steps?

Thanks

Yes, I also lost connection to my speakers 2-3 weeks ago :frowning:

I thought it was on my end, but if you also encountered this around the same time, I tend to think itā€™s not just me :slight_smile: