RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)

Same for me. Media renderer does recognize my Sony TV but no fabriq speakers. Will restart the hub today and see if it makes any difference.

When I restarted the hub, it did not work but when I restarted both router and hub, fabriq speakers are working now :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Has anyone gotten the Vizio SmartCast soundbar to work?

Suddenly none of my speakers work anymore, anybody else encountered this?

Joining the party here - believe Iā€™ve installed the code correctly, when I get to the stage of discovering DLNA I canā€™t find my speaker (a GCMM E2). Iā€™ve checked that UPnP is enabled. Any sensible next steps?

Thanks

Yes, I also lost connection to my speakers 2-3 weeks ago :frowning:

I thought it was on my end, but if you also encountered this around the same time, I tend to think itā€™s not just me :slight_smile:

@ule, are you aware if something does not work at the moment with your good code?

Hi.

I have not problems with my speakers.

some times the hub can be blocked to receive dlna messages, just disconnect and reconnect the hub (this can happen with some update )

Try to check if your speakers are in DLNA mode , check with some app like audioremote from sony

If you still have problems I suggest to change the ip of the speaker with your router, its better if you assign a static ip to each speaker

Just adding to what some people experienced I have two Ggmm speakers that were working fine and stopped maybe two weeks ago, hub and router and speakers rebooted, very strange

Did anyone ever answer your question? I have the Riva Arena and itā€™s not being detected.

No, sorry.

My apologies if this has been covered - didnā€™t find it in any searches. Is it not possible to specify the IP address of the speaker? Sometimes device discoveries go smooth and sometimes not so much.

Is there a reason that the Riva Arena wouldnā€™t show up in the discovery? Iā€™ve scanned through the code and it looks like it should show up, but I havenā€™t had time to dig into the code completely.
If it helps, hereā€™s a screenshot of the device from a uPNP scanner:

How long did you run discoveryā€¦ It can sometimes take a couple of mins.

Also, I am using Samsung R1 and remember that I had to fully reset them at times before they were discovered.

If it says DLNA on the box I dont see a reason why the speaker would not work ultimatelyā€¦

Iā€™ve run the discovery several times with the times ranging from about 5 minutes to leaving it on the nightstand over night.
Iā€™ve done a full reset and tried discovering while playing music. I noticed someone mentioned making the IP static. Iā€™m going to try that when I get home, but the IP hasnā€™t changed since I first connected the speaker,m so I donā€™t have high hopes for that.

I have notice , some time the hub hang up the lan messages, just unplug and plug again, if this does not works, try to change the ip address of each speaker, you can achieve this with a static ip address in your router.

@ule - Iā€™ve had to remove all of my DNLA devices using this DH from ST. My hub was freezing ever few days and ST said it was because of this DH. Anyone else report this? Itā€™s been a couple months since I removed them, no hub freezes.

Hi, I have 10 speakers with 2 min refresh, but no freeze problems, my Hub is ver 2.

Seeing this error a lot in my logs. Any idea what is the issue? Everything seems to work okay.

(https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#bdf97140-5ae9-441c-b05d-d2fc9b84fb4f) 4:58:50 PM: error java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 184 @line 286 (locationHandler)

This is what is listed at line 286ā€¦

def bodyString = new String(parsedEvent.body.decodeBase64())

Hi mikecoscia, It ssems to be a problem with a response from your DLNA Speaker, it does not send the data to smartthings. what speaker do you have? some software units have a very bad DLNA implementation.