Version 1.0.1: GE Z-Wave Plus Portable Motion Sensor (34193)
I am pleased to announce the re-release (under new ownership by me) of the GE Z-Wave Motion Sensoer DTH (Device Type Handlers)! Special thanks to @jwillaz for the original DTH
This device is a simple and portable motion sensor that does one job…detect motion. This device is unique in that it can use battery or USB power (you will have to unpair and re-pair the device if you change power).
This DTH gives you the basic functionality and allows for custom settings like showing motion with a flash of the light, the sensitivity of the motion detected or the ‘timeout’ between motion and no motion between 1 min to 60 minutes.
This is almost a complete revamping of version 1.0.0 released by @jwillaz. Below is the change log. There are no programming interface settings for this device as it usually requires you to press the button on the back for the setting to load to the device.
- Optimized the interface to show the battery within the top motion area
- Removed parameter 6 as it appears to have been a mistake in the DTH and does not work
- Removed parameter 20. This is only for inclusion to your hub, which is redundant to set if you have already paired it. This setting can also be set with the button on the back of the device.
- Better error handling of incorrect settings
- Added toggle instead of numeric entry for LED
Installation instructions for these DTH is here:
- Feel free to use this thread to get support so I or other community members can assist you.
- When evaluating new features I will typically ask for a valid use case. If it can be used by others to bring them value I will put it on my list of future revisions. Not all suggestions will be used and many times I add aspects of the request.
- There are no dumb questions, but many of the questions you may have were probably answered in the forum and instructions. Please take some time to go through the forum and the wiki if you have issues. And don’t be offended if I give you the specific area of the manual that answers your question. I have spent almost as much time on the documentation as I have on the app.
- If you find a bug or a consistent crash please help me track it down by giving me repeatable steps to reproduce it. A non-reproducible bug, many times, indicates other areas that may be at fault besides the DTH. If you watch the live logging and see a red error with a line number, that is very helpful to me!
As always, I appreciate any public accolades or even donations to my PayPal account: https://www.paypal.me/mstruck . However, neither of these are required to use the DTHs.