[RELEASE] GE Motion Switch (26931) and Motion Dimmer (26933)

Nevermind I found the issue in this thread…should’ve read further. For those with a similar issue go to the device under my devices, click edit at the bottom, then change the device type to the custiom DTH you added.

1 Like

I’m surprised that Smartthings don’t support the motion switch out of the box but also very impressed with your solution. Thank you.

The instruction mentioned to “go through the normal process of adding devices to SmartThings” once the code is submitted and published. I got stuck a bit as I thought adding the code might add the motion switch to the devices list, but turns out it doesn’t. I ended up adding a “GE light switch” and during the discovery process, Smartthings identified the correct motion switch. Perhaps the instruction should ask for you to do exactly that.

Thanks again!

I will look at clarifying that… Thanks!

Anybody know if I can connect two 26931 to the same light (want motion sensing at both switch locations, instead of doing a 26931 and 12723)?

No. it would probably make more sense to add a motion sensor and then you could either use the add-on (if you want physical switch) or remove the second switch.

Shoot. So 26931 at one end, then the other end 12723 with a separate motion sensor? Was hoping to avoid that so I could avoid battery changing and the aesthetics of a motion sensor on the wall.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.