[RELEASE] Garage Door Manager to Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave with Timer and Actions

I responded to your other note. I see what’s going on, the app you’re using doesn’t use a garage door controller. It’s a old app designed to work with something called a 3 axis sensor. Garage door controllers don’t use 3 axis sensors and they no longer supported the new smartthings capabilities. I had a look at the stock go control device handler and it doesnt support 3 axis so I’m guessing you have a different device which you’re using (you can PM me the device handler name from the IDE and I can check it out for you).

The contact sensor is an integrated device with the GoControl ZWave controller and it shows up a unique sensor which can be used with SmartApps or Automations. It complies with many SmartThings capabilities so it’ll work with any app which work with Door controls, Garage Door controls, Switches and Contact sensors (it’s very wide range).

That’s easy, this SmartApp will notify you and then also close the garage door for you after the set period. If you’re looking for just notification, then try this app: [RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors
The issue you have is your devices doesn’t appear to be a contact sensor or garage door, it’s a 3 axis sensor. You can PM me your device details and I can look into it and see if there’s a better device handler for it to use.

I’ve added a feature request to trigger a third party action after a timed closure. Currently it has the ability to avoid closure if there’s motion or some people are around so as to not run some down if they’re working in the garage.