SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave with Timer and Actions

smartapp_alerts
smartapp_garage
smartapp_security
rboyapps

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1

On popular request request here is a SmartApp to have the Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when people arrive or leave with an optional Timer and Actions.

Originally part of the Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door controller device handler, it has been enhanced and made compatible with a wide variety of garage door controllers including MyQ, Virtual Garage Door Controller and other SmartThings compliant garage door controller devices.

Key feature summary:

• Open garage doors when people arrive
    • Delay opening
    • Turn on switches/lights
    • Turn on lights only if it’s dark outside
    • Set operating schedules (Start/End Time and Days of Week)
    • Set operating modes
  • Close garage doors when people leave
    • Set operating modes
  • Close garage doors when left open for a period of time
    • Set operating modes
  • Notifications for actions
  • (Optional) Detailed notification messages
  • SMS multiple numbers
  • Play audio notifications
  • Support for multiple garage doors

You can find the latest features on our website and on the release notes

This SmartApp is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get access to our Premium Apps. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

© RBoy Apps

[RELEASE] Enhanced Linear GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/GoControl/Iris/others Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer
How to close my garage door after a specified time
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #2

Garage Door Open and Close Automatically - Version 02.00.05

• < release version >

(Tom Sawyer) #3

I am using this app only for the automatic closing functionality and would like to suggest an enhancement to the app. Currently, I will receive a notification that the garage door has been manually opened (with the notice stating it will be closed in XX minutes). If the garage door is manually closed before XX minutes, I do not receive any notice. It would be great if the app would notify of the closure if it occurs manually prior to the auto-close timer expiring.

(Head of Support (rboyapps.com)) #4

Garage Door Open and Close Automatically - Version 02.00.06

• Notify user if garage door was closed before the close timer expires if detailed notifications are enabled

(Tom Sawyer) #5

Excellent! Thank you.