[OBSOLETE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller (DTH)

Removed Capability Audio Notification from the beta version maintaining compatibility with the Hubitat version. This also removed the playTrack command.

Using playSound in WebCore

1. Select do playSound
  2. click/tap parameters, then select add a string
  3. enter a URL for a sound file, local file preferred

hi, curious about the running of apps section of things here. how would i direct webcore to say, bring chrome to the front on a certain webpage? or how to run ipcampro with certain arguments ?

thanks, looks amazing !

The best answers for WebCore questions are generally received on the WebCore forum

You mention Chrome, this DTH controls Fully Browser, not Chrome. Should you want this DTH to load a webpage in the Fully Browser from WebCore it would be part of a do statement, select command loadURL, the Url is set as as a string parameter.

Sorry, slip of the tongue with the ā€œchromeā€ word, meant ā€œbrowserā€.

Iā€™m familiar with webcore. I (mistakenly?) believed that launchAppPackage() would allow a particular app installed on the target device to run?

Yup. You will need to know the package app id though.

When I was playing with it I was testing by making the ring app launch when motion was detected at the front door. The package id I think was ā€œcom.ringappā€. I then had it bring fully back to the front after a minute. Of course though this solution didnā€™t work as the ring app doesnā€™t launch right into video so it was pointless.

But you can launch anything you want once you know the package id.

1 Like

This link may help finding the com package name

[Update Released] V2.0.3 Apr 05, 2019 13:30 EDT

Changes
launchAppPackage(ā€˜appNameā€™)

• launch application in appName
  • when appName not coded, the name defined in the Application to Launch setting is used
  • an error notification is issued when neither field is coded.

Ooooā€¦ Interesting. At work at the mo, shall have a play later. Good stuff!

I had ipcampro set up for the same reason - I donā€™t think blue iris viewer allows arguments to say, select view of a certain cam, fullscreen or whatever.

How would I use this app to pass along arguments ? Ta = )

Not possible. FKB didnā€™t build that into the API. All they allow is launching of the app.

Would have been a nice to have though.

You can launch the URL for the Blue Iris server but it shows all the cameras. good start though.

Ah, this works for meā€¦

http://user:pass@my.server.com:myport/ui3.htm?cam=Willowcam&fullscreen=1

Hi there folks

Just a little question regards all this which looks great.

Is there a screen saver which can be set remotely which can have messages changed remotely?

Iā€™m wanting a screen saver which cycled through, say Date & Time, Weather, Some message, a QR Code etc. but then on an event, say a door being opened would show a new page for 5 minutes before reverting to the screen saver.

Well, this doesnā€™t work anymore. It did work, for a few cycles last night. Now I can only seem to get this to to work if fully is already frontscreen. If itā€™s in the background, the commands donā€™t fnction.

itā€™s as if fully keeps closing down in the background. any ides ?

Try issuing a bringFullyToFront() command prior to whatever is failing while it is background.

Tried. Does nothing.

Even the smart app interface buttons wonā€™t function. But bring it to the frontā€¦ All good then. Iā€™m a little confused.

Is this on an Amazon Fire device?

Nah, android. Oddly enough, the 2nd box downstairs (which is the one I use for voice notifications for smartthings) has functioned perfectly since initially trying your apps out and our communication started. But I only use that for tts.

The cams/browser/gotourl stuff Iā€™ve tried last night is only on the upstairs TV box. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s something specific with that box thatā€™s causing the prob. It needs a bit more investigation I guess. The easiest thing would be to attempt the same on the original ā€˜tts boxā€™, to see if its all cool there but failing on the TV box.

Hope that makes sense!

I use the app for sounds and TTS on 2 Fire tablets and on old Samsung phone. Fully is 99+% in foreground except when Ring hack kicks in showing the door camera. Itā€™s been 99.9% for me. Sometimes I feel the tablets run out of CPU.

Since your devices are Android, there is a setting to stop Andoid from putting an app so sleep.

Thanks for that. Iā€™ll have a play over the next couple of days. =)