SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller (DTH)

I’m having problems getting the MP3 files onto my fire tablet hd. I’ve used both dropbox and Google Drive from Silk, and click download. But the URLs are not working.

If you have a Windows machine, connect via USB, then look at the Fire device’s directories, when mp3 not available, transfer the file.

Otherwise you will need an app such as ES File Explorer to view the Fire’s directories.

I can turn the screen off but am not able to turn it back on, Is there a power setting that needs to be done on the tablet itself to allow for this?

Just tapped screen off tile, followed by screen on, worked as expected. Don’t know of any Fully setting that would impact these actions.

Should you be turning off power using the devices’ power off button, then tapping screen on, that won’t work.

I’m excited to get this up and running, but for some reason I’m not able to save the device settings. I’ve installed and published the device handler, created a new device as instructed, and filled every required field in the device configuration (and also tried filling every single field), but each time I hit save, I get a message from SmartThings (classic app) “Please fill out all required fields”. Very frustrating. I’m sure it’s something simple that I’m skipping over. Please help. I’ve tried on the Fire tab as well as the phone app.

Just set up a fully device and had similar issue. Try changing the Logging Level, and the port number. After it saves, change them to correct settings. No idea why this occurs.

That did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like

Still struggling here. I followed all the instructions and I’m logging events in each of my two TTS devices: “BigTalker2 sent speak command to Entry TTS” (and Laundry TTS). I’m in speech synthesis mode, double checked my IP settings (DHCP reservations, FKB IP, and TTS IP settings), checked server password, etc. Fully just won’t talk at all. Volume is all the way up on each device. I’m sure I’m missing something. Any suggestions?

I am having trouble getting the tone and alarm mp3s to work. Speech is working fine. I have the mp3 files in my ringtones folder of the Fire HD 8 tablet (2018 Version). When I use ES File explorer to get the properties of the file is says it is located in “/storage/emulated/0/Ringtones”. I entered “file://storage/emulated/0/Ringtones/alarm.mp3” in the Alarm Audio File URL field. When I click on the sound Alarm tile I get the following message “Failed loading sound: Wrong URL or unsupported format?” I get the same error for Tone. Am I entering the file location in wrong?

Try file:///sdcard/storage…

That did not work either.

This is what is defined in the documentation, I use it, and it works.

First save any or all or the above to a Windows computer.
Then connect the Android or Amazon Fire device via USB cable to the
Windows computer, copy to the files to the device’s Download folder .
The Tone Audio File URL is coded as: file:///sdcard/Download/filename.mp3.

Your way worked. I put them in the download folder and now I can hear them. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

almost any android phone memory folder can be used, however it must start with file:///sdcard/ should you want to try the other folder again

Is it possible to get the announcement to play through my google home mini along with my FKB device?

Depends upon the app generating the messages sent to the FKB devices

I am using this on my Fire HD 8 with SHM, SHM delay and big talker 2 along with Fully Kiosk Browser Controller. Would I need anything more than those programs? I would like the arm and disarm messages to play on the google home along with the fire HD.

If the device(s) don’t show up in Big Talker that is currently set for TTS output, perhaps creating a second instance of Big Talker for speakers vs tts devices will work. (I’m not familiar with Google Home speaker devices.) Should that not work, try searching or posting on the Big Talker forum.

I was able to get the messages sent to my google home mini by adding a second instance of Bigtalker2 set to music player mode and using cast-web v1.2.1 to send the messages to my mini.

I had a problem with my FIre HD tablet so I did a factory reset. Now I am not getting any announcements at my tablet when I arm SHM or click on the speak button in ST.

I reinstalled FKB, enabled Remote Administration, set my password and enabled the Remote Administration from Local Network. I verified I had the correct IP and Port are correct in the ST app. Did I miss something to get it working again?

I am also using SHM delay 2 and Bigtalker2, did I miss something in them?